ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

first act for Imogen is done. I positively like this character. :9: a bit flirty but down-to-earth and she knows what she wants and how she will get it :mrgreen:

Also: in the second Act she becomes manageress of a theatre. The whole thing starts to remind me of our LV troupe...Pinero seems to have written this play especially for us :shock:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/trelawnyofthewells_imogen_1_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 6:48 min.

Oh and Todd, the little tune I'm supposed to be singing with Eva, I already sent her my version via email, so we'll be in-sync. No worries for you to merge us ;)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Ooh, very nice. Quite a change from Cidippe - very subtle. I like it!

PL OK.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thanks, Todd. I prefer Imogen to Cidippe any day :D although being nasty has its charms sometimes. :mrgreen:

But back to Imogen, in Act 3 she goes through all the ups and downs of emotions. First the excitement of a new start, then the despair of seeing her dreams crushed and finally grasping hopefully at a helpful straw.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/trelawnyofthewells_imogen_3_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 5:40 min.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Love Imogen's role. All by itself it has the entire plot of the play nicely contained.

Great job - excited, crestfallen, callous, excited again - all wonderfully done. PL OK.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: May 31st, 2018, 6:59 pmGreat job - excited, crestfallen, callous, excited again - all wonderfully done.
was I callous ? :shock:

well here is the rest of Imogen's emotional repertoire :lol: I love the "play in the play" that they are doing, reminds me a bit of Molière's interlude in Versailles.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/trelawnyofthewells_imogen_4_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 4:53 min.

I'm glad I managed to get them all in for approval before your leave :)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

You didn't think it was callous to be upset that the old guy had died - because now he couldn't invest in your play??

Act 4 is likewise PL OK.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: June 1st, 2018, 6:20 pm You didn't think it was callous to be upset that the old guy had died - because now he couldn't invest in your play??
oh that bit... ok maybe it wasn't too sensitive there. :mrgreen: Come to think of it, I also was overjoyed that he had gout so he had to stay inside :lol:

let's say, Imogen doesn't mind a bit of machiavellianism to get to her goals. But she has a heart of gold deep down. (seriously)

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Are there missing lines here near the end of Act I?

I see Telfer and Mr. Gower, but no lines or other comment.
I don't quite know what to make of it.

======

Mrs. Telfer.
[To Telfer, softly.] Let her be for a minute, James.

Telfer.

Mr. Gower.

[Arthur rises and is well received.]

Arthur.
Ladies and gentlemen, I—I would I were endowed with Mr. Telfer's flow of—of—of splendid eloquence. But I am no orator, no speaker, and therefore cannot tell you how highly—how deeply I appreciate the—the compliment——
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

silverquill wrote: June 2nd, 2018, 7:24 pm Are there missing lines here near the end of Act I?

I see Telfer and Mr. Gower, but no lines or other comment.
I don't quite know what to make of it.

======

Mrs. Telfer.
[To Telfer, softly.] Let her be for a minute, James.

Telfer.

Mr. Gower.

[Arthur rises and is well received.]

Arthur.
Ladies and gentlemen, I—I would I were endowed with Mr. Telfer's flow of—of—of splendid eloquence. But I am no orator, no speaker, and therefore cannot tell you how highly—how deeply I appreciate the—the compliment——
The "Mr Gower" should not be bold - it is a line for Telfer, introducing Gower during the toasts. I added a note to the MW.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: June 3rd, 2018, 12:14 am The "Mr Gower" should not be bold - it is a line for Telfer, introducing Gower during the toasts. I added a note to the MW.
I already found some more of these :? When I notice them again, I'll make a note too. I will need to be extra vigilant in PLing this one. Not quite "Schoolmistress disaster"...but getting there.

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: June 3rd, 2018, 10:41 am Augustus Colpoys act 1
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/trelawnyofthewells_colpoys_1.mp3
nicely acted out, Alan. I was feeling a bit sorry that my Imogen was so cold to you when I recorded my lines. But Colpoys seems to take rejection in his stride :lol: I had to grin when you say things like "Hear, hear" and "Order". Reminds me extremely of the Odd Man I had the pleasure listening to this morning. :thumbs:

Thanks, Act 1 PL ok for Colpoys.

Sonia