Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

12 PL OK.

Ouch!
adonis

Post by adonis »

One more in before I'm out for the count (again).

T.
adonis

Post by adonis »

Anti-Semite attitudes in this story are not those held by the reader - they are part of the character of the nicely brought up Christian lady telling the story. So. That's settled. The next one on is a funny one, Chaucer sending himself up, so I may actually do that. In the meantime, all is well as can be expected.

T.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

13 PL OK.
17:09 technical glitch
adonis

Post by adonis »

I re recorded it from 16:50 (the boy starts chanting) to the end. Odd that. Don't know what happened there. Will reupload shortly. Thanks for your patience.

T
adonis

Post by adonis »

Reuploaded. Hope that's OK.

T.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

14 PL OK!
adonis

Post by adonis »

Just a brief update. Getting over bronchitis so going slow - more to the point, got an odd problem with the machine where only the 5 and 6 of the numbers actually work. This puts a bit of a crimp in Amplification work in Audacity - use of numbers. Tried a dozen or so fixes so far, turns out it's quite a common problem, but none good. Onscreen keyboard seems to work - so as long as that keeps on I can, providing the throat is actually doing it's allowable business. Just a suggestion there might be more than health problems about my doing Librivox work.

Hope you are well.

Tony.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Thanks for the update, Tony. Give the throat the TLC it demands and best of luck with the keyboard issue.
adonis

Post by adonis »

Got a great new diagnosis for my tiredness which might mean taking vitamins or might mean something rather more serious. Waiting for blood tests. In the meantime, I'd rather not pack into the Tales until I know I can get on to the end. So I'll leave this pending for now. Will let you know as soon as there's more information. Feeling fine - actually enjoying other people reading to me - hope you are OK.

Tony A.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Hope the wait for news is short. All is well here though the weather has been very hot and very humid.
adonis

Post by adonis »

Very hot here too - global warning.

Sorry about this, but the news is that I have a low white blood cell count and they have to check me out for leukaemia. Anyway it makes me tired and irritable and lowers concentration and gives me memory lapses and a perpetual sore throat - in short, unideal for reading aloud - and editing afterwards. Shudder. So I gotta recuperate and drink in readings instaed of doing them myself. Hey, I could go listen to all my recordings. Someone ought to enjoy them. If I can get back I will - like, if the cell count highers. But for now I'd like to put this into Uncompleted Works or whatever you call it - I can't see myself being strong enough to finish this. All that language. AAAaarrgh. Just also dropped out of DPLing Daemonologie by King James - if she continues with the project, not started yet, it might be right up your street. Anyway, thanks for all your work, it has been great, some of it was even fun, generally the most horrific stuff, and will look forward to seeing you, so to speak, some other time. Again, thank you.

Sincerely,
Tony A.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Tony,
Thanks for the update. Sorry the news isn't better. When I'm feeling grumpy (or simply tired) I listen to books by my favorite readers/authors. Anthony Trollope has been a recent favorite. As it has only been two months since your last recording I'm in no rush to put this book On Hold. I'll do that this fall if the situation warrants it.
Dave
Cruelle

Post by Cruelle »

Hi Tony,

Just wanted to say I fully support your project and have loved listening to some of your other recordings (The Brothers Karamazov and Job (KJV)). I loved the passion with which you read.

I am sorry to hear that you are not well. I have read the Canterbury Tales in middle English and it is a very interesting series of stories with so much wisdom hidden inside. I know it is also long and can be quite taxing to read, so I understand your struggles.

Best of luck in the future Tony and please know that even if not many people say it, there are many who have been entertained and educated by your work, so thank you for that.

Ben.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I am willing to try this. I have had two courses in Chaucer, one of which was in Middle English, but much has been forgotten since then. I did note that the Tale of Melibius is extraordinarily long, so I assume I will be able to divide if necessary. Jim