COMPLETE [DR] The Voyages of Doctor Dolittle - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Please complete your 1 minute test before claiming parts. Full instructions are in your welcome email or the introduction forums.
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

Also I would like to be know as just Luke Castle in the catolog and my website it www.lukecastle.me I would really appreciate it if you did that thanks!! :clap:
Projects that need readers
ONLY ONE CHAPTER TO GO!!!!!! Bealby
The life of Harriot Stuart
The Blind Brother[/color]
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Hi, Luke! Welcome!

I've added a note to those two roles in the MW to the effect that I am holding them for you, but as Beth said, you'll need to have your test OK'ed before I assign them officially. I see that you have submitted your test, and you do have some feedback on it. So please take care of that, and then drop us a line here when your tech specs are in order.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I've added the link for the Silver Fidgit to the MW and marked it ready for PL.

Beth, I'll try to PL Polynesia this weekend.
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Devorah:

If voicing the Judge in Section 6 doesn't put me over the line for claiming too many roles (I have not read anything in Section 6), I'd love to claim him.

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Hm. It might be a little too close to Luke the Hermit, though. Even though Luke doesn't have a speaking role in section 6, he is present in the scene. So it may be confusing to have his voice and the judge's voice be the same person. I'll need to look at the script again, maybe.

What do you think, Beth?
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

OK did my 1 min test and can record now, Thanks for waiting!! :D
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

mightyfelix wrote: May 29th, 2018, 1:50 pm Hm. It might be a little too close to Luke the Hermit, though. Even though Luke doesn't have a speaking role in section 6, he is present in the scene. So it may be confusing to have his voice and the judge's voice be the same person. I'll need to look at the script again, maybe.

What do you think, Beth?
I've had a careful look at the scripts for both Section 5 and Section 6 and I think it's going to be too confusing. Luke the Hermit appears before the Judge, and to have the same voice doing both is going to sound odd. Sorry about that.

Philip, can we interest you in Colonel Bellowes? That would be a different kind of character for you?
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Leanne! That was a fantastic read! I loved all the voices as the story unfolded, in addition to the voice of the Fidgit himself! :clap:
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Col. Bellows would be fine.

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

mightyfelix wrote: May 29th, 2018, 12:15 pm Hi, Luke! Welcome!

I've added a note to those two roles in the MW to the effect that I am holding them for you, but as Beth said, you'll need to have your test OK'ed before I assign them officially. I see that you have submitted your test, and you do have some feedback on it. So please take care of that, and then drop us a line here when your tech specs are in order.
I am done with my 1 min test, Thanks for waiting!
JHarvey

Post by JHarvey »

Hi Elizabby, so you could you tell me how exactly dramatic reads work? Do you just adopt a chapter then only narrate a specific voice in that chapter? I'm pretty new to all this so I don't totally know the ins and outs yet :hmm:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Rather than adopting a chapter, think of it as adopting a character. And then you speak every line that is said by that character. The MW in the first post of this thread will show you which characters are not yet claimed. Do you see any that interest you?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

cowguy02 wrote: May 30th, 2018, 11:40 am OK did my 1 min test and can record now, Thanks for waiting!! :D
Thanks, Luke. I'll assign those roles to you officially when I get the chance, but you can start recording whenever. Don't forget your voice credit at the beginning of each role: [Role], read by [your name]. And please leave 3-5 seconds of silence between each line, even if the only thing in between is a simple "he said."
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

mightyfelix wrote: May 31st, 2018, 9:41 pm
cowguy02 wrote: May 30th, 2018, 11:40 am OK did my 1 min test and can record now, Thanks for waiting!! :D
Thanks, Luke. I'll assign those roles to you officially when I get the chance, but you can start recording whenever. Don't forget your voice credit at the beginning of each role: [Role], read by [your name]. And please leave 3-5 seconds of silence between each line, even if the only thing in between is a simple "he said."
Ok will do, Thanks y'all!!