'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Eduard Rochester (James K. White) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello,

My name is Erik Bonini and I am a special education and English teacher in Harrisburg, PA. I wanted to write to thank James K. White, who recorded an EXCELLENT audio version of Charles Chesnutt’s book The Colonel’s Dream. (https://librivox.org/the-colonels-dream-by-charles-waddell-chesnutt/) The book is a favorite of mine and is one which I am presently using in an English class that I teach as part of a comparative literature unit looking at how one uses one’s legacy. In class each day, I am utilizing the excellent audio work of Mr. White to enhance the students’ reading with the ability for them to be able to hear someone read the book to them while they follow along in the text. Please thank Mr. James K. White for me.

Thanks and regards,

Erik

All of James' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for unreadpages (Peter Tucker) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his reading of Là-bas :

Peter does amazing work with this book, I'm so glad he read it. I'm very glad to see he has already done the second installment and hope he continues to do the other volumes in the series. Bravo.

All of Peter's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praises received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Ms. Klett,

Thank you for the excellent reading of the Jane Austen books, Jane Eyre, and Howard's End. Your speech is so clear, phrasing and emphasis provides a good experience, easy to understand and follow.

Regards,

Anne Marie

All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Expatriate (Expatriate) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Expatriate reading The Maine Woods has done a great job. Starting Librivox with a book that has been a great choice. It's one that I've always been interested in since reading Walden when I was younger, but to have so many unexpected relations to the facts and the reader has made this really all the better. Expatriate is from Bangor, Maine, which makes the story more connected to Thoreau, who went through Bangor on his way North more than once. But it allows of the pronunciation and speaking mannerisms of Mainers and Bangorians flow accurately and truthfully.
As it would seem Thoreau also quite possibly crossed the river onto my own property, so many years ago has made the story more engaging, but that's not relevant to the good reading of Expatriate. I do want to know though, is there a place he went in the city for his recording? My home isn't very sound proof, and the calmer traffic lines of Milford, Maine has changed since he walked along the river banks he describes early on.

Thank you for having this book out there,

Ryland

All of Expatriate's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ChrisMS (Christopher Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Mr. Christopher,

Thank you for recording these! Enjoyed your reading voice. If I ever hear you in person, I might think you are Andrew Murray haha. Such a blessing to be able to listen to these books. May The Lord bless you in all things.

Sincerely,

Enoch

All of Chris' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bridgester (Bridget Gaige) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you for your recording of The Hidden Hand by EDEN Southworth! I first read the book on my own time, and told my family what a great story it was. They didn’t have the time or desire to read the book for themselves, so I looked up an audio version which we listened to as a family. My dad, my mom, and my five younger siblings sat eagerly listening to all sixty-six chapters! Good job! Thanks again!

https://librivox.org/the-hidden-hand-by-eden-southworth/

Sincerely,

D

All of Bridget's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
bridgester

Post by bridgester »

icequeen wrote: May 29th, 2018, 9:11 pm Praise received for bridgester (Bridget Gaige) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you for your recording of The Hidden Hand by EDEN Southworth! I first read the book on my own time, and told my family what a great story it was. They didn’t have the time or desire to read the book for themselves, so I looked up an audio version which we listened to as a family. My dad, my mom, and my five younger siblings sat eagerly listening to all sixty-six chapters! Good job! Thanks again!

https://librivox.org/the-hidden-hand-by-eden-southworth/

Sincerely,

D

All of Bridget's recordings!
Thanks so much! That's still one of my favorite books!
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=3584][color=#b052e7]Bridgester's LV Projects[/color][/url]
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

I know it is quite old but, I would like to thank/praise Mark Nelson on his reading of 'Crime and Punishment'. It was a classic I wanted to read, as I am interested in books that dive deeper into human nature. Without his great voice, I would not have listened to the book, and certainly not read it myself. Very good pace, and the different tones were nice. I aspire to read as well.

I enjoyed the book, but do not quite agree with the author on some of his points. I will not bore you with an explanation, however!
Your clear reading made it possible for me to understand. So, thanks...
Hope Kuerschner

It is not the will of God that in this life we should be sinless, Lest we should find a perfection apart from forgiveness. P.T Forsyth
Theologians have done more to hide the gospel of Christ than any of its adversaries. GM
vidalia11

Post by vidalia11 »

I'd like to thank Kevin Green for his amazing recording of "The Tallyrand Maxim." He does different characters, voices, accents, and ages so well. I feel like I'm really hearing different people. Excellent narration! I'll be listening to more of his recordings.

-Karen
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Newgatenovelist (Newgatenovelist) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her recording of During Music:

Please pass on my thanks to "Newgate Novelist" for her excellent reading of the above poem by Arthur Symons.

I have used it in a sound art piece which has just won the Orcjestra of Samples Remix Compeition. Please send her this link: https://soundcloud.com/yesonsofart/the-heat-of-blood-orch-of-samples-remix-project

Many thanks,

Nick

All of Newgatenovelist's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for pipesdreams (Moira Fogarty) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

http://www.archive.org/download/art_of_war_librivox/art_of_war_librivox_64kb_mp3.zip

Thank you, Moira!
I have a great time listening to this book in your performance over and over again.
I enjoy when someone reads to me.
I have no one do that for me except people like you and Google text-to-speech.
I was robed of my childhood when my parents divorced, so I guess it works as a substitute for it.
Hope you're still doing fine. The record was made back in 2006!

Sincerely, Yuriy,
Uzhhorod, Ukraine

All of Moira's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bgdavid (David Clarke) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mr. Clarke,
I must congratulate you on being the most accomplished reader of The Count of Monte Cristo. I have attempted many times on listening to others read it, but have not gotten very far with them. You are a very talented reader and you voice the characters to a tea. I have yet to hear of another audio recording as good as yours. I am sure it will be a hard one to beat!
I have read the Count of Monte Cristo, though it has been many years, it has always been my favourite. Listening to it again, brings back many memories, and it's so very well read, that I have to force myself out of my car when I get to work. You have the gift to take your listeners into a whole 'nother world!
I wanted to thank you for reading The Count of Monte Cristo and hope you continue to read aloud and record your readings.
I hope you have a wonderful June!

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Susanna

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you, Mr. Smith! Our family is enjoying your reading of Ben Hur so much. While we appreciate all the books we've listened to on librivox, it is so nice with a long book like this to have the same reader throughout and we appreciate the hours you put into this for us.
and...
I want to say "Thank You" for your readings. I have listened to several. I especially liked how you introduced the last chapter of "Treasure Island."

https://librivox.org/treasure-island-version-4-by-robert-louis-stevenson/

You do a wonderful job of changing voices for different characters. Thank you, again and keep reading. I look forward to hearing more.

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for boojumuk (Kevin Green) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I have truly enjoyed listening to your Librivox readings. Your enunciation, pronunciation and the life you bring to the characters is a joy to the ear. Thank You.

All of Kevin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

Please pass on my thanks to "Newgate Novelist" for her excellent reading of the above poem by Arthur Symons.

I have used it in a sound art piece which has just won the Orcjestra of Samples Remix Compeition. Please send her this link: https://soundcloud.com/yesonsofart/the-heat-of-blood-orch-of-samples-remix-project

Many thanks,

Nick
Thank you so much for writing. Your sound art is absolutely brilliant, and I'm honoured to have been included in it. Congratulations on your success, too! I hope you find many more projects to inspire you and that you keep making such cracking pieces.
Erin
Off LV 25-28 March.