COMPLETE[PLAY]At The Sign Of The Greedy Pig by Charles Brooks - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

NemoR wrote: May 26th, 2018, 10:42 pm Whimp acts 1 and 2 ready for PL:

This did not make sense to me as if Whimp is speaking, he would not say his own name in describing his dream. I think this may be a typo?
I agree as well, I think it was a typo.

Nemo, you are a delightfully despicable beggar in the first Act. :mrgreen: The tone of voice you are so rapidly changing while saying first "Have mercy people" and straight after "beat him with a stick" is simply hilarious. :lol: I think you convey the beggars' hypocrisy quite accurately. They fully deserve their lot in the second act. And in the end all are happy beggars again. :clap: Wonderfully acted out, all of it.

I was wondering if I should ask you to include the "All" Hurray for the syndic at the end of act 2 as well. But considering that the beggars are a bit apart from society and that the syndic almost wanted to hang them, maybe they would not join in the merriment after all. No need to add it.

All is well and PL ok. Thanks for the great performance !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

bluechien wrote: May 26th, 2018, 10:44 pmStudent 1 & 2!
ahhh, excellent, Eva. I love the strange voice you're giving your student here. Never heard you speak like this. :thumbs: But you bring out the sycophant quite admirably. And you are so mean too... :evil: The excitement in your voice when you have ugly thoughts and propositions to hurt the beggars is so creepy. In fact there are not very many really good people in this play. It shows well the uncaring roughness the crowd often displayed in small villages in medieval times. :?

Wonderful acting, Eva, but...may I trouble you for the crowd lines (Hooray) in both acts please ? While the beggars may not be part of the village crowd, I think the student will want to join in the cheers for the Syndic:

for Act 1:

> at about 3:08: (p. 173): there is an All-line "Hooray !" I think the Student should join in, since it's the Surgeon who requests it for the Syndic. Both are hypocritical enough to try to suck up on the Syndic even after this performance

for Act 2:

> at about 2:27: (p. 212): could you also add one "Hooray !" for the crowd here as well please ? My thought is: the syndic might still be good for the student's ambitions, so he would cheer him on ;)

thanks !

Sonia
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Thanks for the PL! I'll add in some hoorays tonight :D
Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Okay, I think I'm to a place I could claim a small part here.
I'd love to be a whiny, but scheming beggar, Twist.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Here is the Ballad Monger. I fear my singing days are over, but at least my words are nicely written by the author....

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/signofthegreasypig_balladmonger_2.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/signofthegreasypig_balladmonger_1.mp3

Thanks, Todd
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: May 28th, 2018, 3:00 pmHere is the Ballad Monger. I fear my singing days are over, but at least my words are nicely written by the author....
awwww I'm a sucker for cheesy happy-endings :9: and they lived happily ever after.

You make your ballad monger sooooo love-smitten with Mistress Trencher, Todd, I'm sure you will move everyone to tears when she is so heartless to you at the beginning.

Oh and yes I can understand that he of all people would not join in the hurrays for the Syndic :lol:

Everything is perfect and I love the sing-song. I was fully expecting you strumming your guitar as well, but this will have to do :mrgreen:

Perfectly PL ok. Great job !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

bluechien wrote: May 29th, 2018, 12:57 am Student, with hoorays: :)
ah immediately two for the price of one :mrgreen: thanks, Eva. This will make for a great mix. Student definitely PL ok now.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

quite a short appearance only, but you're selling your apples and sheep's noses :shock: quite efficiently :thumbs:

PL ok. The volume is a bit loud in the first act, but I can make a note of that, no worries.

Thanks

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Hi Todd

You say that people who are only in one act can take a role in the other, so can I read the Watchman? After all he appears right at the start of act 1 while Yank is at the end of act 2.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello Todd,
I would love to claim the First Old Woman in sections 1 & 2.
April