COMPLETE [fairy tales] The Golden Spears by Edmund Leamy - ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
josephjones

Post by josephjones »

I would like to claim Section 4, Titled "The Huntsman's Sons" (Note: In the book it is titled "The Huntsman's Son"). This is my first recording and I would like to be known as Joseph Jones.
Pixxol

Post by Pixxol »

So, I recorded this one thinking I was already approved, but I had been approved for a recording in a different forum. :oops: :oops: :oops:
I didn't notice until after I uploaded. If I'm approved, here is the link:
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/goldenspears_05_leamy_128kb.mp3

This is only my third recording, so I'm still kind of figuring it all out. Apologies, Carolin!!

Also, it's a bit embarrassing that my first name --Siobhan-- is Irish, but it's about the only thing I can pronounce that's specifically Irish! I did my best with trying to find correct pronunciations, but I can redo any parts that I said wrong.
Siobhan
RonBroachVoiceOver

Post by RonBroachVoiceOver »

Quick question, is the author's name [Leamy] pronounced as Lee'me?
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you all!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

RonBroachVoiceOver wrote: May 23rd, 2018, 4:19 pm Quick question, is the author's name [Leamy] pronounced as Lee'me?
Hi ron, i think thats what most readers are going for, yes. :thumbs:
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Pixxol wrote: May 23rd, 2018, 12:48 am So, I recorded this one thinking I was already approved, but I had been approved for a recording in a different forum. :oops: :oops: :oops:

This is only my third recording, so I'm still kind of figuring it all out. Apologies, Carolin!!

Also, it's a bit embarrassing that my first name --Siobhan-- is Irish, but it's about the only thing I can pronounce that's specifically Irish! I did my best with trying to find correct pronunciations, but I can redo any parts that I said wrong.
Hi siobhan, not a problem. Sorry i didnt reply earlier, i could not be online for a few days.

How long is the recording? Please remember to always post the duration of a recording when you post a link so that i can update the magic window :) thank you!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

josephjones wrote: May 22nd, 2018, 7:34 pm I would like to claim Section 4, Titled "The Huntsman's Sons" (Note: In the book it is titled "The Huntsman's Son"). This is my first recording and I would like to be known as Joseph Jones.
Hi joseph, welcome to librivox!

You are welcome to read that section. I have signed you up, your personal catalog page is here https://librivox.org/reader/12527

You can get started right away! Have fun!
Carolin
Pixxol

Post by Pixxol »

Carolin wrote: May 25th, 2018, 12:46 am
Pixxol wrote: May 23rd, 2018, 12:48 am So, I recorded this one thinking I was already approved, but I had been approved for a recording in a different forum. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Hi siobhan, not a problem. Sorry i didnt reply earlier, i could not be online for a few days.

How long is the recording? Please remember to always post the duration of a recording when you post a link so that i can update the magic window :) thank you!

Ah, sorry! The duration of the file is 27 m 44 s :)
Siobhan
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you :thumbs:
Carolin
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 5 The Fairy Tree of Dooros
PL note:
Everything is PLOK until the end of the recording.
1-The text ends with: "In her happiness she did not forget the little robin, who was her friend in sorrow. She took him home with her to Sunny Valleys, and every day she fed him with her own hands, and every day he sang for her the sweetest songs that were ever heard in lady's bower."
at 26:04
◾At the end of the section, say:
"End of Section 5" then leave 5 seconds of silence

* :hmm: Have I missed something? Where did you get these additional notes from that you included after the end of sect 5?
They are not included in the text.
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
nanbear

Post by nanbear »

Hi Carolin,

If no one has claimed Section 0, Preface yet, could I read it?

If so, this would be my first recording, and please catalogue me as Cecilia Lui.

Thanks!
Pixxol

Post by Pixxol »

HZFerr wrote: May 25th, 2018, 8:40 pm sect 5 The Fairy Tree of Dooros
PL note:
1-The text ends with: "In her happiness she did not forget the little robin, who was her friend in sorrow. She took him home with her to Sunny Valleys, and every day she fed him with her own hands, and every day he sang for her the sweetest songs that were ever heard in lady's bower."
◾At the end of the section, say:

* :hmm: Have I missed something? Where did you get these additional notes from that you included after the end of sect 5?
There was a page at the end of the book that gave notes about the story, and I recorded it just in case it was needed, but no worries!
This is the same audio but with the end note removed:
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/goldenspears_05_leamy_128kb.mp3 26:10
Siobhan
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

Hi Carolin,
Do you want the extra notes kept at the end of this sect? The revised sect (26:10 with out the extra notes) is now in the MW.
ost
by Pixxol » Today, 3:24 am
HZFerr wrote: ↑
Yesterday, 11:40 pm
sect 5 The Fairy Tree of Dooros
PL note:
At the end of the section, say:

* Have I missed something? Where did you get these additional notes from that you included after the end of sect 5?
There was a page at the end of the book that gave notes about the story, and I recorded it just in case it was needed, but no worries!
This is the same audio but with the end note removed:
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/goldenspears_05_leamy_128kb.mp3 26:10
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you all!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

nanbear wrote: May 25th, 2018, 11:38 pm Hi Carolin,

If no one has claimed Section 0, Preface yet, could I read it?

If so, this would be my first recording, and please catalogue me as Cecilia Lui.

Thanks!
Hi cecilia, welcome to librivox!

You are welcome to read that section. I have signed you up, your personal catalog page is here https://librivox.org/reader/12534 :) thank you!
Carolin