[COMPLETE] "My Inventions" and Other Works by Tesla - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

R0cky96 wrote: May 14th, 2018, 7:05 am availle,

I have been cleared! I am just going to wait a week for my new equipment to arrive and then I will start.
You should have done your test with the equipment you are planning to actually use for your recordings.
Different equipment may need different settings, that's why.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
linny

Post by linny »

That's an editorial comment or a caption to the diagram. I'd like to leave it out; I only want Tesla's own words in this project.
Understood, but you do know that the article wasn't written by Tesla? It may be his teaching but there is another author included. See the bottom sentence of p180 through the end.
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Availle wrote: May 14th, 2018, 3:16 pm You should have done your test with the equipment you are planning to actually use for your recordings.
Raquel uses checker, so I guess she'll be fine :). But of course, Raquel, you can upload a test with the new microphone in your thread again :)
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

linny wrote: May 14th, 2018, 5:07 pm
That's an editorial comment or a caption to the diagram. I'd like to leave it out; I only want Tesla's own words in this project.
Understood, but you do know that the article wasn't written by Tesla? It may be his teaching but there is another author included. See the bottom sentence of p180 through the end.
Oh for crying out loud. Didn't notice that at all... :shock:
I thought the original soloist had only collected Tesla's original works, as he stated in the summary. :roll: I went back and forth on this one. I should have gone ahead and only record the "my inventions" part and leave the rest.

Oh well, too late to change anything. Let's just leave out the editorial comments as far as possible plus figure captions, and read the whole article anyway.
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
R0cky96

Post by R0cky96 »

Availle,

Thank you! That's a good idea. I just set myself up, recorded a new test and requested quick listen. If you wish to listen too, then here is the link.
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_r0cky96_q2u.mp3
Fingers crossed!! :D I will keep you posted.

Excitement! :9:

Rocky,
R0cky96

Post by R0cky96 »

moniaqua wrote: May 14th, 2018, 11:42 pm
Availle wrote: May 14th, 2018, 3:16 pm You should have done your test with the equipment you are planning to actually use for your recordings.
Raquel uses checker, so I guess she'll be fine :). But of course, Raquel, you can upload a test with the new microphone in your thread again :)
Moniaqua,

Ahh! Thank you! I just did and I passed in Checker. :)

Raquel,
R0cky96

Post by R0cky96 »

Ava,

Disregarding sound for a moment, did I record/word the opening statement for the recording correctly? :hmm:
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_intro_section_7_r0cky96.mp3

Raquel,
linny

Post by linny »

Hello Raquel,
I'm sorry for the delay. I was out of town. The opening is correct.

I know you said to disregard sound so let me know if you want some pointers there. You may run into trouble trying to amplify enough. If you do, I can walk you though the compression process.
R0cky96

Post by R0cky96 »

linny,

No worries! I hope you enjoyed your trip! :) I am doing a practice run now. So once I record, then I will most definitely be open to pointers. Thank you!

Raquel,
laurencetrask

Post by laurencetrask »

Here is section 9...it is 3:41 in length

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/myinventions_09_tesla.mp3

Laurence
linny

Post by linny »

Hello Laurence,
Final portion of the intro is slightly reworded.
0:30 – (should be) Tesla on High Frequency Generators by Nicola Tesla. This article was published in Electrical Experimenter, April 1919.
I hear: Tesla on High Frequency Generators Electrical Experimenter, April 1919 by Nicola Tesla, Editor, Electrical Experimenter.

Please trim ending silence to 5 seconds. You’re around 6+ which I wouldn’t normally cite but since you will be revising anyway I figured I’d add it.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Availle wrote: May 14th, 2018, 3:15 pm I only want Tesla's own words in this project.
If that is the case, this article contains comments by the magazine editor or writer or the article in addition to the quoted words of Tesla. Do you want these deleted from the recording?
Jo
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Sorry for the delay jo!

Please read the article as it is. The first part in bold (Early in Nikola Teslas Researches...) I would treat as a figure caption and leave it out though. If you've already read that one, it's fine to leave it in.
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

No problem. I knew you were away. I didn't read the figure caption so I won't add it. I will just make the other corrections next time I am in front of the microphone.
Jo
laurencetrask

Post by laurencetrask »

Here is section 10. It is 36:08 in length

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/myinventions_10_tesla_128kb.mp3

Laurence