COMPLETE Rollo's Wild Oat by Clare Kummer - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

So I'm finally done with finals week and just started back to putting this play together. I have some missing lines from two of the performers in Act I, but should be able to get that first part ready to PL soon.

Now obviously, we never got a PL for this play... much to my chagrin. Trying to manage all of this by myself has been hard. But would anyone mind PL-ing the finished Acts, once I've got them all edited together?

I'm also going to have to split Scenes 1 and 2 up into two separate sound files. I've got Act I about 70% finished and it's almost 70 minutes... so, um, yes... I'll have to break this one up, I'm afraid.

Todd, would you mind recording a sound file that just says "End of Act I Scene 1" and "End of Act I Scene 2?" Hopefully we won't have to do this again for Act III (which is also quite long).

EDIT: Actually, Todd... don't worry about it. I just edited a couple of different sound files together and got what I needed. :-) So you can put the microphone away, for now.
Last edited by ChuckW on May 13th, 2018, 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

ZamesCurran wrote: April 23rd, 2018, 12:17 am Finally found some time to do a recording. Here's Hewston from Act I:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/rolloswildoat_hewston_1_128kb.mp3
Very nicely read! :-)

Act I, Scene 1 is PL OK... but Scene 2 seems to be missing. Would you mind recording that one as well, when you get the time? Thanks. :-)
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: January 26th, 2018, 6:01 pm At the risk of the improper use of a transitive verb ... "Hey, Rollo, let's do lunch, guy!"

Please sign me up for Mr Stein, Theatrical Manager.

Cheers,
Chris
I don't know how I missed this during my first PL, but I'm missing one line from you here:

"Mr. Webster?" (when you first meet Hewston and think he's Rollo)
PROJECTS
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

You'll definitely have a PL for the edited files. If someone doesn't volunteer, I'll do it. :)

I won't be able to do anything until next week (next Sunday evening) at the earliest.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Act I, Scene 1 is PL OK... but Scene 2 seems to be missing.”

and

I don't know how I missed this during my first PL, but I'm missing one line from you here

Someone’s got to say it.

“Hewston, we have a problem...” :lol:

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
ZamesCurran

Post by ZamesCurran »

ChuckW wrote: May 13th, 2018, 11:10 am Act I, Scene 1 is PL OK... but Scene 2 seems to be missing. Would you mind recording that one as well, when you get the time? Thanks. :-)
um... There's a scene TWO???

OK, well, I'd planned on recording Act II, but we'll have to adapt...

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/rolloswildoat_hewston_1s2_128kb.mp3

(Fortunately, Act II -- both scenes combined -- is shorter than either scene of Act I, so I might have time tomorrow for it)
Truth,
James
---------------------
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: May 13th, 2018, 2:29 pmAct I, Scene 1 is PL OK... but Scene 2 seems to be missing.”

and

I don't know how I missed this during my first PL, but I'm missing one line from you here

Someone’s got to say it.

“Hewston, we have a problem...” :lol:

Cheers,
Chris
Considering how beleaguered and overworked poor Hewston is throughout this play, I'm not sure he would be any help. :-)
ZamesCurran wrote: May 14th, 2018, 12:10 am
ChuckW wrote: May 13th, 2018, 11:10 am Act I, Scene 1 is PL OK... but Scene 2 seems to be missing. Would you mind recording that one as well, when you get the time? Thanks. :-)

(Fortunately, Act II -- both scenes combined -- is shorter than either scene of Act I, so I might have time tomorrow for it)
Haha. You're not the first person to miss the individual sections of each Act. I wish it had been more clearly demarcated in the text.

Thanks for the recordings! I'll start editing Act II right away!
TriciaG wrote: May 13th, 2018, 1:42 pm You'll definitely have a PL for the edited files. If someone doesn't volunteer, I'll do it. :)

I won't be able to do anything until next week (next Sunday evening) at the earliest.
Thanks Tricia. You'll probably get a few audio files soon. :-)
PROJECTS
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Alright, let's start posting these suckers.

Act I, Scene 1 --

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/rolloswildoat_1_kummer_128kb.mp3 [47:39]
PROJECTS
linny

Post by linny »

I can PL Act 1, scene 1...as soon as I get another cup of tea.

EDIT: Lovely job on editing. PL ok with one optional note.

25:32 – 26:19 – Goldie’s singing with the underlying music seemed a little too loud to me. You might consider lowering it just a touch.
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

linny wrote: May 20th, 2018, 6:51 am I can PL Act 1, scene 1...as soon as I get another cup of tea.

EDIT: Lovely job on editing. PL ok with one optional note.

25:32 – 26:19 – Goldie’s singing with the underlying music seemed a little too loud to me. You might consider lowering it just a touch.
Linny! Thank you so much! :-) I really appreciate the help.

I should have Act I, Scene 2 finished later tonight. Then we'll have to wait for a couple of extra audio files (including my own... I haven't recorded Act III yet) and I'll post Acts II and III.

I'll also fiddle around with the sound levels when I get back home. Thanks again!
PROJECTS
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

ZamesCurran wrote: May 14th, 2018, 12:10 am

Hi Zames! Sorry to be a pest, but I found a missing line in your Act I, Scene 2 file:

"Well, I'm sure I don't if you don't, sir."

The line can be found here: https://archive.org/stream/rolloswildoatcom00kum#page/54/mode/1up/search/hewston

On the plus side, Act I, Scene 2 is almost complete (I'm only missing your line and one of my own, which I hilariously screwed up) and you sound great. Poor, poor Hewston. :lol:
PROJECTS
ZamesCurran

Post by ZamesCurran »

ChuckW wrote: May 20th, 2018, 2:04 pm
but I found a missing line in your Act I, Scene 2 file:

D'oh!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/rolloswildoat_hewston_1s2MissingLine_128kb.mp3

Also, It seems I'm now the bottleneck. I'll try to get to Act II tonight.
Truth,
James
---------------------
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

ZamesCurran wrote: May 21st, 2018, 4:58 am
ChuckW wrote: May 20th, 2018, 2:04 pm
but I found a missing line in your Act I, Scene 2 file:

D'oh!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/rolloswildoat_hewston_1s2MissingLine_128kb.mp3

Also, It seems I'm now the bottleneck. I'll try to get to Act II tonight.
Haha. Don't fret. Silverquill and I still have lines to record for Act III, so we're still not quite there yet. :-)

Thanks for the file. Now I can upload the next part.
PROJECTS
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

PROJECTS
linny

Post by linny »

I'll PL Act 1, scene 2