[OPEN][DR]Dave Brings Home A Wife, by Steele Rudd-kit

Plays and other dramatic works
catharmaiden
Posts: 228
Joined: June 3rd, 2015, 1:58 am
Location: Luxembourg
Contact:

Post by catharmaiden » May 11th, 2018, 1:49 pm


SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 1054
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » May 11th, 2018, 8:22 pm

Well played, Mrs Walker! :clap:


Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
_________________
My LV catalogue page
Son of the Exiles YouTube Channel

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11127
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » May 12th, 2018, 1:40 am

catharmaiden wrote:
May 11th, 2018, 1:49 pm
here's Mrs Walker. I gave it my all :lol:
heartbreakingly sad :thumbs: well done, Sandra and PL ok. Mrs Walker should have had a bigger role. And I think Dad Rudd is an uncaring klutz. But we knew that already :lol:

Sonia

leanneyauyau
Posts: 531
Joined: January 31st, 2016, 12:33 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Post by leanneyauyau » May 16th, 2018, 5:33 am

Leanne (leanneyauyau) :D
my librivox page | website | fb page | soundcloud

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11127
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » May 16th, 2018, 6:16 am

:lol: Leanne, you are excellently feisty here in the last sentence :thumbs: Dad Rudd needs more of these pushes. Perfectly PL ok. And I see your bitrate is back to normal :) I'm glad you managed to change the settings back again.

Thanks

Sonia

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 1054
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » May 16th, 2018, 12:34 pm

Thank you, Leanne! Well performed. :thumbs:

Dad Rudd’s comeuppance continues. :mrgreen:

Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
_________________
My LV catalogue page
Son of the Exiles YouTube Channel

Ealswythe
Posts: 719
Joined: June 19th, 2017, 4:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, by way of New York City

Post by Ealswythe » May 20th, 2018, 2:48 pm

Sarah Rudd, Ch 10. Watch out, Lily! Im coming' after you, you little cat! :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/davebringshomeawife_sarah_10_128kb.mp3 2:40
:D
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11127
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » May 21st, 2018, 8:58 am

Ealswythe wrote:
May 20th, 2018, 2:48 pm
Sarah Rudd, Ch 10. Watch out, Lily! Im coming' after you, you little cat! :lol:
now you stop being nasty to my poor Lily or you'll have to deal with her mum :evil: ask your Dad what's in store for you then.

excellent job, Linda, love the cattishness you're giving her character. I hope your own Lily wasn't miffed that you abused her name so much ;)

btw great accent too, I'm not a specialist so I wouldn't know if it was genuine rural Australia, I let Chris be the judge of that. :mrgreen:

PL ok.

Sonia

Ealswythe
Posts: 719
Joined: June 19th, 2017, 4:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, by way of New York City

Post by Ealswythe » May 21st, 2018, 9:21 am

Pomeranian Lily did seem a bit miffed with me this morning. :roll: She growled at me when I tried to touch her little foot. :shock:
I guess that’s because I dared to call her a “little cat.” :lol:
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11127
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » May 21st, 2018, 10:04 am

Ealswythe wrote:
May 21st, 2018, 9:21 am
I guess that’s because I dared to call her a “little cat.” :lol:
thought so :lol: how could you ! give her a special treat to atone for this

Sonia

Ealswythe
Posts: 719
Joined: June 19th, 2017, 4:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, by way of New York City

Post by Ealswythe » May 21st, 2018, 12:48 pm

Kitty wrote:
May 21st, 2018, 10:04 am
Ealswythe wrote:
May 21st, 2018, 9:21 am
I guess that’s because I dared to call her a “little cat.” :lol:
thought so :lol: how could you ! give her a special treat to atone for this

Sonia
Hahahaha! I did, and now she loves me again! :clap:
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 1054
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » May 21st, 2018, 2:54 pm

Excellent rendition, Linda!

Speaking on the matter of dogs and daughters sharing the same name, there’s another Dad Rudd exchange where a young man has come to ask Dad for the hand of one of his daughters in marriage.

But there’s been confusion, and Dad thinks the young man has come to buy a champion sheep dog from him.

You can imagine the exchange.

Dad: “Now, I don’t want you spoiling her. None of this bath nonsense. If she needs a wash, toss her in the waterhole.”

Young Man: “What?! She’d never forgive me!”


Cheers,
Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
_________________
My LV catalogue page
Son of the Exiles YouTube Channel

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6958
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » May 21st, 2018, 3:06 pm

Here Jimmy Regan, just trying to make some trouble for ye.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/davebringshomeawife_jimmyregan_13_128kb.mp3

Thanks, Todd

Ealswythe
Posts: 719
Joined: June 19th, 2017, 4:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, by way of New York City

Post by Ealswythe » May 21st, 2018, 5:44 pm

SonOfTheExiles wrote:
May 21st, 2018, 2:54 pm
Excellent rendition, Linda!

Speaking on the matter of dogs and daughters sharing the same name, there’s another Dad Rudd exchange where a young man has come to ask Dad for the hand of one of his daughters in marriage.

But there’s been confusion, and Dad thinks the young man has come to buy a champion sheep dog from him.

You can imagine the exchange.

Dad: “Now, I don’t want you spoiling her. None of this bath nonsense. If she needs a wash, toss her in the waterhole.”

Young Man: “What?! She’d never forgive me!”


Cheers,
Chris
Hahahahaha! My Pomeranian Lily will toss you in the waterhole, Chris! :lol:
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11127
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » May 22nd, 2018, 1:32 am

ToddHW wrote:
May 21st, 2018, 3:06 pm
Here Jimmy Regan, just trying to make some trouble for ye.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/davebringshomeawife_jimmyregan_13_128kb.mp3
"Who was the ol' girl with all the ribbons and things on that you was buckin' up t' in the cart? [...] By heavens, she were a freak. And the way she—"
I beg your pardon ! :evil: Is that a way to talk about a lady ? You backwater klutz, you...

Well....putting aside your awful manners, the part has been excellently played :thumbs: Nothing missing as far as I can see, so I can give you a PL ok immediately. 8-)

Thanks !

Sonia

Post Reply