COMPLETE[PLAYS]One Act Play Collection 011-thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

catharmaiden wrote: May 12th, 2018, 1:43 pm here's the Narrator for Molière:
Sandra, as always, everything perfect and nothing forgotten :thumbs: PL ok. Thank you so much.

Todd: you can start doing your preliminary assembly for this one :)

Sonia
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Here is Chitra, with a whooping 26:43. :shock: Quite a feat, but I'm very happy she got what she wanted in the end!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/chitra_chitra_tagore.mp3
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: May 11th, 2018, 2:46 am
:shock: from what deep south did we dig out this housemaid ? :lol: excellent character you gave her, TJ. She is really putting on some airs of be ruspectable. :thumbs: Wonderful, I really enjoyed this show (even though you are being quite nasty to your master and mistress :evil: none of this lip, my dear).

Almost word-perfect, there's only one tiny missing word (sorry, I agree, it's easy to miss in this text):

> at about 1:28: (p. 26): missing a shuddering “Ho !”

thanks !

Sonia
Why, thank you, mam. My mama always told me to stick to my principles, no matter what. :lol:

There was so much swearing and cursing that I couldn't "ho!" them all, it seems. :wink: But now, I've added my shuttering "ho" to this file (at around 1:29), so it should be all fine and dandy.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/playgoers_housemaid_pinero.mp3

I think it's going to be hilarious to hear the part where I refuse to witness a play with "love and passion" and my 10-year-old daughter says she has no such objections! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (I guess her mama didn't raise her as respectably).
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: May 16th, 2018, 4:40 am But now, I've added my shuttering "ho" to this file (at around 1:29), so it should be all fine and dandy.
oooh yes I wouldn't have wanted to miss this shuddering "ho". You really gave it your all there :thumbs:
I think it's going to be hilarious to hear the part where I refuse to witness a play with "love and passion" and my 10-year-old daughter says she has no such objections! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (I guess her mama didn't raise her as respectably).
:lol: I didn't even notice this coincidence while listening to the parts. But you're right, this will be a great laugh for family and friends who know you both.

PL ok now. Thanks, TJ !!!

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

The Odd Man. This is due today, give me a bit more time and will try to get it done this weekend.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

alanmapstone wrote: May 18th, 2018, 7:46 am The Odd Man. This is due today, give me a bit more time and will try to get it done this weekend.
That's fine.

Thanks, Todd
benderca

Post by benderca »

Update: The Countess of Escarbagnas, Ruiten, and Frau Lindemann are all recorded. I just need to finish editing.
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Here is Thibaudier and the stage directions for "Playgoers."

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/countessofescarbagnas_thibaudier_moliere.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/playgoers_stagedirections_pinero.mp3

These are the longest stage directions I've read yet. I almost went cross-eyed with all the repetition :lol: Heaven forbid I've missed anything...
Tomas Peter
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you. I see I'm going to have to edit two more plays shortly!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: May 18th, 2018, 7:17 pm Here is Thibaudier and the stage directions for "Playgoers."
These are the longest stage directions I've read yet. I almost went cross-eyed with all the repetition :lol: Heaven forbid I've missed anything...
I know, Tomas, Pinero is really a challenge for every narrator. I was hoping in one-acts he would be a bit cutting it down though, but it seems not :?

Mr Thibaudier is excellent. Can you be every more slimy and grovelling than this guy :lol: Perfect job, no errors. :thumbs: PL ok

Will tackle Pinero later on....

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Tomas, I just braved the Pinero stage directions. Wonderful job. :clap: Even at the end you don't sound exhausted even though I imagine you must have been if you were doing this all in one session. I love the expressiveness you give some important parts, my favourite was "The mistress clutching the fireplace". You really convey my despair at that point.

Two small notes:

> at 0:24: you omitted the "character read by" lines, BUT: I just re-checked all the roles and they have all been handed in, apart from Alan, who hasn't recorded his role yet. I'll make sure he hands his in too ;) so I guess we can make an exception here for once and not make you read them, as they will not be needed anyway. So nothing to change there

> at about 23:35: (p. 35): missing "The mistress to the cook" (this has to be said twice in a row here). Now Todd could probably copy your first one, but maybe you want to say it differently ? And it would make it easier for Todd's assembling programme if he had the correct number of lines, I think. :hmm: So please insert one here. (so close to perfect, I'm so sorry :( your eyes were probably blurred by that time)

Thanks, great job.

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Oh, darn! I was hoping I hadn't missed anything. :( But, at least it was only a duplicated line. The file has been re-uploaded with it included. :)
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: May 19th, 2018, 10:50 am Oh, darn! I was hoping I hadn't missed anything. :( But, at least it was only a duplicated line. The file has been re-uploaded with it included. :)
it was easy to miss, down at the bottom of the page

Narrator now completely PL ok. Thanks so much Tomas.

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd