SOLO War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
celeckey

Post by celeckey » May 17th, 2018, 6:57 am

War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy is the story of the Napoleonic wars and their impact on several Russian families. I am reading the Maude translation. This translation has been modified in the following way by the reader: All phrases left in French, German, Italian or Russian in the Maude translation have been translated into English. No patronymics are used, nor are any diminutives.
Thanks!
Project Code: jaoEIvU6

chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic » May 17th, 2018, 8:30 am

Welcome to Librivox!

You'll need to record a few shorter things for Librivox before tackling War and Peace. :) We ask that new volunteers start by recording a few sections for existing group projects before launching a solo. The chances of successful completion--and of having fun while doing it--are vastly increased by having some LV experience before doing a solo recording. Recording and editing an audiobook is a lot of work and isn't everyone's idea of a fun way to spend their free time.

Once you're ready to start recording some short sections of group projects, please be aware that we don't allow changes to the text. We record books the way they were published.
Laurie Anne

chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic » May 18th, 2018, 7:57 am

Moved to Book Suggestions.
Laurie Anne

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » May 24th, 2018, 12:17 pm

This translation has been modified in the following way by the reader:
By the way - we do not allow changes to the text by the reader. https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Recording_%26_Text_Policies

If you have already recorded this, I suggest uploading it to Archive.org on your own, as I assume you won't want to go through and re-record the other-language phrases and the name changes.
Fiction, open sections mostly adventure in Australia: It Is Never too Late to Mend
Irish Home Rule Arguments: Handbook on Home Rule
Sci-Fi removing memories: Dr. Heidenhoff's Process

celeckey

Post by celeckey » May 24th, 2018, 12:19 pm

Thanks for the info! I can't really find the place to volunteer for a collaborative work, but I will keep trying.
Celia

chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic » May 24th, 2018, 12:45 pm

If you look on the main forum index page you'll see a list of subforums. Look for the ones that begin with "Readers Wanted"; that's where group projects looking for volunteer readers live. A good one to start with is the Readers Wanted: Short Works forum.
Laurie Anne

Win2017

Post by Win2017 » June 2nd, 2018, 9:04 am

If this project goes ahead in the future. I would love to DPL. I know it is too early to say anything, but it is hard to find books that aren’t taken yet.
Hope Kuerschner

It is not the will of God that in this life we should be sinless, Lest we should find a perfection apart from forgiveness. Peter T Forsyth