'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Tadhg (Thynes) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I would like to thank Mr. Thynes for the superb work he does in all his readings. I absolutely can not listen to anyone else since I’ve heard his work. Please do more reading of Victorian books. You are the best narrator indeed and I hope you add more books to your selection. Thank you sincerely
Roya

All of Tadhg's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ally99 (Allyson Hester) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

just like to say a big thank you to the reader of `An American Robinson Crusoe` I really enjoyed listening to her voice whilst i was working in my garden on one of the few warm /hot days here in the UK, Her Georgia accent which sounds like music to my English ears is so relaxing.
Been on holiday to the US a few times but only to CA/ NV and AZ ,would love to visit the Southern States .
Will be downloading more of her readings.

Once again thanks for your excellent reading .
God Bless
Regards John

All of Allyson's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for maxfarce (Don W. Jenkins) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello from France, Mr Jenkins

I want to thank you for your recordings of XIXth and early XXth centuries mystery books. I like them very much and I hope you will publish more of them soon.
I think I have listened to all of those you have recorded.
I'd like to suggest that you tag your latest book, The Spider, as "collaborative", the participation of your cat, especially during the scene between the colonel and the clairvoyant gives it a touch of authenticity! 😉
Give him/her my best regards!

Thanks again for your work
Sincerely
Claire-Marie

All of Don's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Cori (Cori Samuel) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hi,

Would you please extend my thanks to Cori Samuel. I just finished listening to her narration of War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells & it was excellent.

https://librivox.org/the-war-of-the-worlds-version-3-by-h-g-wells/

Kind regards,

Carol

All of Cori's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for tux753 (Tux) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Refering to all the books you have read of Pérez Galdós,

thanks very much. Excellent job!!!

All of Tux's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Sarah Bean (Sarah Bean) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her recording of The Brothers Karamazov:

I'd like to dash off a quick thank you to Ms. Bean. Her fluid reading of this difficult book is simply astounding. You can tell that she really loves this work, or at least the words she's reading. I wish she read the whole thing! Great work Sarah!

-Joe

All of Sarah's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Clarica (Clarica) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you for reading Eight Cousins by Louisa May Alcott! I found your voice pleasant to listen to and very clear. Thank you for your time and effort. I look forward to hearing more of the books you have read.

Sandra

All of Clairca's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for GlassMask (Ted Delorme) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Ted DeLorne--Wonderful reading! Thank you.

All of Ted's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for dormouse3 (Mike Harris) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mr. Harris,

Thank you so much for taking the time to read for Librivox. Our entire family has enjoyed listening to your recordings, especially the G.A. Henty selections. Thank you for reading!

The Logan Family

All of Mike's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MaryAnnSpiegel (MaryAnn) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear MaryAnn,

Anne with Librivox was helpful in making available again the book by F. B. Meyer “Joseph: Beloved, Hated, Exalted.” I listened to the reading of it and am once again so grateful for your fine, calm, clear performance. My pastor has four sons who will enjoy hearing chapter 11, “Joseph’s Father”.

MaryAnn, I just discovered F. B. Meyer and have now discovered YOU! I am busy sampling the other books on Librivox that you participated in recording. My pastor’s wife is a fan of Anne of Green Gables. My brother’s widow is a tap dancer and loves "The Art of Stage Dancing". I am a painter and am ready to get to work and listen to expository writings about the bible. My sister in remote Alaska will be intrigued with the entire library of Librivox. My classically educated, married, attorney brother will enjoy “The Art of Kissing.”

Your recorded books are making waves in Seattle, Ventura, CA, and Ninilchik, AK.

MaryAnn, may the Lord bless you for your good work spreading good books.

Anita in Seattle

All of MaryAnn's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for tis (Chris Goringe) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Big thanks to Chris Goringe for a wonderful reading in Psmith In The City.
I love your reading style and look forward to listening to more of your contributions in Librivox.
All of Chris' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for THynes (Tadhg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
For the past few months I have been listening and re-listening to your reading of David Copperfield. I love this recording. The many voices you use make the characters come alive. You are expressive but never overdone. And your accent is beautiful. You have given me a new appreciation of Charles Dickens and the depth and subtlety that he brought to his writing.

I plan to work my way through everything you've recorded by CD and then go on to the others. Thank you for taking the time to do this.
and...
I wish to thank Tadhg for a masterly reading of this great novel (David Copperfield). I listened on my daily walks along the banks of the Shannon in Limerick and often found myself realising with surprise that I was actually there and not in the gloom of Dickens’ London. Beir bua, a Thadhg.

All of Tadhg's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you! Listening to Zane Grey, you brought The Lone Star Ranger to life thank you.

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for rachelellen (rachelellen) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Librivox

My wife and I listen to Anne of Green Gables read by Rachelellen every evening. It is most beautifully read - quite wonderful. My wife did not believe that it was the same person doing all the voices!

If it's possible to pass on our thanks to Rachelellen for giving us many hours of listening pleasure that would be nice. She really 'is' Anne, Marilla and Matthew not to mention all the other characters.

Thank you Rachelellen!

Jeffrey and Katy
East Sussex
UK
All of rachelellen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for GeoffreyEdwards (Geoffery Edwards) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Geoffrey,

Over the past few years I have been listening to your recordings of various philosophical books while navigating through the Los Angeles traffic. I really appreciate what you have been doing for Librivox. It probably feels as if you are talking to a wall when you record these texts, but be assured that some people are listening and appreciate.

This month I am completing listening to Plato and looking forward to the completion and posting of the Enneads by Plotinus.

I am sure you have a big list already in your hands, however, please consider the:
The Phenomenology of Mind by Hegel
Works by Philo of Alexandria

Again, I want to thank you for keeping me company and educating me.

Kind regards,
Zafiris
Los Angeles

All of Geoffrey's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!