COMPLETE[PLAY]At The Sign Of The Greedy Pig by Charles Brooks - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
benderca

Post by benderca »

Could I read Bombastes please? I can be bombastic... 8-)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I'd like to be involved in this, but will need to scale back my involvement for the next month or two. I'm going to submit the roles I've already claimed and then take a break from recording. But if you can wait until July, I'll read something for this one.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

mightyfelix wrote: May 12th, 2018, 2:20 pm I'd like to be involved in this, but will need to scale back my involvement for the next month or two. I'm going to submit the roles I've already claimed and then take a break from recording. But if you can wait until July, I'll read something for this one.
If there isn't anything left here, there will certainly be new plays.

Thanks, Todd
pschempf

Post by pschempf »

Todd -

I was debating between Syndic and Bombastes, but I guess that's been settled. May I have sections 13 and 14 (Syndic)?
Fritz

"A small daily task, if it be really daily, will beat the labors of a spasmodic Hercules."

Trollope
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

pschempf wrote: May 12th, 2018, 5:05 pm Todd -

I was debating between Syndic and Bombastes, but I guess that's been settled. May I have sections 13 and 14 (Syndic)?
Thank you.

Todd
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

I'll claim the Apple Woman
Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

leanneyauyau wrote: May 12th, 2018, 6:03 pm I'll claim the Apple Woman
Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Todd, I reuploaded Act 1 once again. I hope you haven't downloaded it yet. I only inserted the subtitle in the intro as well. You didn't point this out in your example in the first post, but I figured, since, along with Wappin Wharf, these two are the "frigthful comedies", it would be cool to give them the similar intro.

Nothing else is changed though

Working on Act 2 right now...

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

And the narrator for Act 2 is done. Nice happy ending :9:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/signofthegreedypig_narrator_2_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 16:34 min.

Now I can concentrate exclusively on listening to all the other talents in here. :D

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Since there's back to back lines of "Bombastes?" "Bombastes!" -- how are we saying it exactly?

I'm guessing psuedo Italian "bom-bast-ees"?
Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
pschempf

Post by pschempf »

Todd -

Here is the Syndic, Act 1 -

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/signofthegreedypig_syndic_1_128kb.mp3
Track length: 8:58

For the record, I used bom-BASS-teez and PAH-dyou-ah, but those could be changed if so desired.
Fritz

"A small daily task, if it be really daily, will beat the labors of a spasmodic Hercules."

Trollope
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

pschempf wrote: May 13th, 2018, 6:18 pm Here is the Syndic, Act 1 -
For the record, I used bom-BASS-teez and PAH-dyou-ah, but those could be changed if so desired.
:9: wonderful performance, Phil. You really give this syndic the needed degree of slime to go far in the politics of this town. :lol: I enjoyed every minute of his speeches. As for Bombastes, I at least said it the same way than you in my narration. It sounds quite bombastic, which is surely fitting to that character. Padua is fine enough as well as far as I'm concerned. It's probably the English way of saying it and doesn't need changing.

There is only one tiny thing you can cut out:

> at 5:51 and at 5:57: “our faculty bids me...” (p. 163): we only need it once here, maybe there was one you wanted to delete ? :hmm: I did check the whole part twice, because he so often says almost the same things here, and I wanted to make doubly sure, but I really think one of these lines is too much, if I'm not mistaken.

And I learnt a new pronunciation as well, thanks to you. I mispronounced "stoup of wine" in my narration. Used 'ou' as in "loud" instead of "stoop". Todd, if you encounter this in the narration, please note the time down...I'll change it. I like to have an accurate pronunciation. If you don't have time until tonight, I will look for it myself and change it and re-upload.

Thanks Phil ! Great job. Looking forward to Act 2. :D

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: May 14th, 2018, 1:27 am I mispronounced "stoup of wine" in my narration. Used 'ou' as in "loud" instead of "stoop". Todd, if you encounter this in the narration, please note the time down...I'll change it. I like to have an accurate pronunciation. If you don't have time until tonight, I will look for it myself and change it and re-upload.

Sonia
I think the narration is great and so will everyone else when they hear it. PL OK! You could tell the story without any of the rest of us contributing!

"Stoup" is at 0:32 but I think it too is fine - it isn't like the two different pronunciations - can't call either wrong - are near each other.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: May 14th, 2018, 5:14 am I think the narration is great and so will everyone else when they hear it. PL OK! You could tell the story without any of the rest of us contributing!
:lol: well the naration is quite a big part of this play, that's true. Still...don't try to wriggle out of your balladmongering commitment, I was looking forward to that performance !
"Stoup" is at 0:32 but I think it too is fine - it isn't like the two different pronunciations - can't call either wrong - are near each other.
all right, if you think it's ok, then I leave it be. Let's not fix it if it isn't broken :)

thanks !

Sonia