'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for RuthieG (Ruth Golding) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Ruth (Golding)
I would never have read women in love, but I felt it should be part of my education. Your reading was perfect. I rated it 5/5 in my literary rating and can now talk of Lawrence with enthusiasm. I look forward to re-visiting the Ken Russell film.
Best librivox reading I have encountered.
Many thanks

All of Ruth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Ralph Snelson

Post by Ralph Snelson »

Thank you for listening!

Ralph Snelson
Ellene

Post by Ellene »

Bruce Pirie, you make me laugh. Your interpretation of Balzac works is flawles. You bring his wit and humor to life in an uncanny way. Please, please do a second reading of his other works.
Thank you for your good work.
Ellene
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Adrian (Adrian Praetzellis) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Was ordered to read this book (Treasure Island) in high school many years ago. Recently pIcked it up as a recorded volume at my local library....recorded by a wonderful reader....in fact I didn’t sleep, but listened all night. (Not really a problem, for I knit Sox for Wounded Warriors while I listen!)

I do this very often, for the local library system has many, many titles for borrowing readers. May I give a shout out for a fine reader.......Adrian Praetzillis.

I will research more of the books he has narrated, for his thoughtful, measured, and correctly pronounced reading added immeasurably to my enjoyment of this classic!

And a shout out to your staff for their part in daily enjoyment for this 85-year old “reader.”

B., Austin, Texas

All of Adrian's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for KOMunley (Kyle M.) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

You read A Christmas Carol so beautifully. I enjoyed it very much. I thank you.

All of Kyle's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MaryAnnSpiegel (MaryAnn) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I am delighted with your reading of the book by F. B. Meyer, “The Directory of the Devout Life”

https://librivox.org/the-directory-of-the-devout-life-by-frederick-brotherton-meyer/

I am sharing the link with my Christian friends. One in particular, Paul, age 80, is in the hospital and he will be listening on his iPhone with some earbuds.

I see that the other book by F. B. Meyer, “Joseph: Beloved, Hated, Exalted” is no longer available. I am crestfallen at this news.

Bless you for taking the time to read so beautifully for us.

All of MaryAnn's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for simonevers (Simon Evers) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Once again, thank you for all the hours. How kind of you.

Frankie

All of Simon's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for martinc (Martin Clifton) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you so much for your beautifully read The Vicar of Wakefield!

- Richard

All of Martin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hi,

Just wanted to say to Mark Smith how much we have enjoyed listening to his stories. Mark you have a golden voice & your steady reading style is easy to listen to & to process the story. We have recently finished:

Swiss Family Robinson
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
We hope you read many more stories! Thanks Mark, my wife & I really enjoy listening to you!

All the best,

John & Coral

Suva

Fiji Islands

South Pacific

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for sjmarky (Mark Nelson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you Mark Nelson for your readings of two more books I recently finished — Operation Outer Space by Murray Leinster (https://librivox.org/operation-outer-space-by-murray-leinster/) and Masters of Space by E.E. "Doc" Smith (https://librivox.org/masters-of-space-by-e-e-smith/). I think I could listen to your smooth voice reading old science fiction novels forever. Thanks for being a volunteer reader!

Jon
Anderson, SC

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for EvaK (Eva K.) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Anna Karenina
https://librivox.org/anna-karenina-deutsch-by-leo-tolstoy/

Liebe Frau Eva. K,
zurzeit lerne ich deutsch Sprache und seit einem Monat bin ich in Deutschland. Täglich höre ich das Hörbuch Anna Karenina und finde ich Ihre Aufführung sehr schön. Die Emotionen der Charaktere spielen Sie ganz deutlich und attraktiv und während der Erzählung ist Ihre Stimme wirklich angenehm.
Insgesamt mag ich Ihr Werk sehr und hoffe in Zukunft andere Arbeiten von Ihnen zu hören und zu genießen.
Ich wünsche Ihnen alles gut und viel Erfolg bei nächsten Arbeiten.
Viele liebe Grüße aus Jena

All of Eva's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for skilmer (Sharon Kilmer) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Big thanks to all readers and specially Sharon Kilmer for reading Red Money!

All of Sharon's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for the readers of the 2nd Dramatic version of Lysistrata from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hi readers of Lysistrata Version 2,
I´m happy to get this version with so many good readers. I´m a teacher, now improving in Drama Studies. Great work, like in a thetrical group. Happy to be able to congratulate you all.
My best
Patri
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for kayray (Kara Shallenberg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I've been enjoying P G Wodehouse stories during my daily commute for a couple of months. It was a special treat when I heard Kara Shallenberg's clear voice give the Librivox introduction to "The Girl on the Boat". Sometimes I hate to get out of the car when the drive is over. My hearing isn't what it was a few decades ago, but Ms. Shallenberg's precise diction and perfect pacing allow me to fully enjoy the books and chapters she has contributed. She even makes a tedius novel -- I won't name names here -- palatable for a while.

All of Kara's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Karen,
I have really enjoyed your readings in the Lucy Maud Montgomery series. I just finished “Rainbow Valley” version 2.

Your reading’s are terrific and make the book come alive. I can see Anne, with an E, and her children and friends all come alive with your readings. I’ve listened to a number of the books that you’ve read and you are as good, if not better, than the professional audio books that are read by actors. Now when I search for books on Libravox, one of the things I look for is who the reader is, and you are my first choice. I enjoy the books and the way you’ve read them so much! Each character has a slightly different tone/voice, so it’s effortless to follow along. I am able to form a picture in my head of each character when I’m listening to you read. Thank you so much for reading and recording the books.

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!