COMPLETE! A Vanished Hand by Sarah Doudney - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
magz

Post by magz »

Hi schrm,

Pleased to hear your positive feedback :clap:

At 17 secs - no, I do actually say "A vanished hand". But I'll rerecord the intro, didn't realise I hadn't followed the required wording accurately.

9:43 - I've listened a few times now and I just hear "I'll take them out to make room for other things". But I'm happy to re-record if you think it needs to be clearer.

Thanks for the suggestion regarding pauses. I thought I was pacing things, good to get someone else's perspective on this. Still need to find my rhythm!

So, lots to be getting on with. I'll do these edits, then look forward to reading chapter 4.

Thanks again for all your help :thumbs:

Magz
magz

Post by magz »

@magz, please: under which name do you want to read, here? do you want to link a blog or webpage on your reader-page?
(i remember to hear your wish in the testfile, but please do write it down here.
Hello again, regarding names, I've registered here as magz, but used my full name in the reading. That would be my preference, it's 'Maggie Mizzi'. Would it be ok to link to a website at a later stage? I've got www.maggiemizzi.uk but it's still a work in progress.
magz

Post by magz »

miss stav wrote: May 9th, 2018, 1:48 am
magz wrote: May 8th, 2018, 5:09 pm If Chapter 1 is ok and doesn't need to be re-recorded, could I do chapter 4 next?

Sure, chapter 4 is all yours. I aprisiate your dedication.
:thumbs:
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Mag,
of course, you can link to a websight when ever you like. It doesn't have to be now.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Mag,
of course, you can link to a websight when ever you like. It doesn't have to be now.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
schrm

Post by schrm »

good morning maggie,

thank you for your feedback, maggie - and thank you for your willingness to change the two parts, despite not hearing the same.
i think, your recording will get better - also, "low level of skills" listeners will profit by that.
(just to be clear about that: most of us read a sentence or a paragraph at most, and cut and paste it. please, dont rerecord all of the text!)
your reader page: https://librivox.org/reader/12497

cheers,
schrm
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
magz

Post by magz »

Thanks schrm and Stav.

Yes, will cut and paste the two parts. And will also listen out for long pauses for shortening.

I have done recordings before but mostly for functional purposes, never a whole chapter of a book. And when doing home recordings I usually send the sound files to others for editing, so this is a whole new learning experience. Always good to do.

Have a good day :)
magz

Post by magz »

And thanks for my reader page! :clap:
2839reader

Post by 2839reader »

Yes 8 9 and 10 ok thanks.
Signature: KATHLEEN
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Wonderful. Thank you.
jessieyun0404

Post by jessieyun0404 »

miss stav wrote: May 8th, 2018, 4:48 am Ok, I will be the bad guy. Jessie, please fix the end of the intro. As a listener, I am obssesed about consistancy. If you already fix the bit rate, I don't think it would be much of a problem. But if it is, just keep it as is, ok?
Got it.
~Jessie

Epic Music composer studying Film and Media Arts, BA :D
I love lights, camera, colors, and story!
Here are some tunes I made.

Staying in the U.S. starting Fall 2021.
jenno

Post by jenno »

jenno

Post by jenno »

could I claim chapters 11, 12, 13 please

Jennifer
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Jennifer,
thanks a lot for chapter 7. I am glad you are enjoying the book. Sure, 11, 12 and 13 are all yours. Have fun,
Stav.

schrm

Post by schrm »

jenno wrote: May 11th, 2018, 12:10 am could I claim chapters 11, 12, 13 please

Jennifer
hi,

chapters 11, 12 and 13 are assigned to jennifer/jenno,
pl chapter 7 is ok!

thank you and cheers,
schrm
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275