COMPLETE[PLAY]The Notorious Mrs. Ebbsmith by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: April 28th, 2018, 10:09 am Dr Kirke uploaded, in MW for PL. I may remove the taking snuff noises....
Dr Kirke is great, I find :clap: although, I agree somewhat with the snuff noises, at least the noise at 2:33 made me cringe and shudder... how did you do that ? (or maybe I should prefer not to know :? )

But on the whole it's an excellent performance. Act 3 is definitely already PL ok.

In Act 1, immediately the first sentence, there's a small note though:

> at 0:09: "Good morning, Mr. Winterfield." - you say "Winfield". Not sure how correct you want it. But later you call him Winterfield again, so maybe you should be consistent (unless the good doctor was a bit of a dotard already, but I think not :lol: )

the rest: perfect !

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: April 28th, 2018, 10:37 am
ToddHW wrote: April 28th, 2018, 10:09 am Dr Kirke uploaded, in MW for PL. I may remove the taking snuff noises....
Dr Kirke is great, I find :clap: although, I agree somewhat with the snuff noises, at least the noise at 2:33 made me cringe and shudder... how did you do that ? (or maybe I should prefer not to know :? )

But on the whole it's an excellent performance. Act 3 is definitely already PL ok.

In Act 1, immediately the first sentence, there's a small note though:

> at 0:09: "Good morning, Mr. Winterfield." - you say "Winfield". Not sure how correct you want it. But later you call him Winterfield again, so maybe you should be consistent (unless the good doctor was a bit of a dotard already, but I think not :lol: )

the rest: perfect !

Sonia
I fixed Winterfield. I'll remove the snuff taking noises later - if I do...

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: April 28th, 2018, 5:50 pm I fixed Winterfield. I'll remove the snuff taking noises later - if I do...
excellently PL ok now :)

I see you have been quite prolific yesterday :shock: I'm looking forward to listnening to the Molière parts today :9:

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Just checking in to let you know I have all of the stage directions (I hope) recorded. Now to the editing table :)
There was one place, in Act III I think, where there was a line of an Italian song that I wasn't sure was part of the stage directions or not. If so, I'll need some help with that! Lot's of pathos in this play. I can just imagine the audience at the end of Act three just being stunned.

I'll post each act as I get it edited.
~ Larry
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Nuzzi51

Post by Nuzzi51 »

I need help on some pronunciations

"Qu'y a-t-il"
"Danieli"
"Palazzo Sforza"
"Qu'avez-vous la"
"Est-il parti"

Thank you to anyone who can lead me in the right direction.
T.
Tina
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

A small company called Primavera staged this play in a tiny theater in London not long ago, "for the first time since 1890-something, and I wanted to post a link to their gorgeous Venetian set for anyone curious:
https://www.google.com/search?q=primavera+mrs+ebbsmith&tbm=isch
pics show Agnes in her bad dress, her good dress, and the handsome and charming (until Pinero's apocalyptic character teardown in Act 3) Lucas ...

and they had a fascinating tiny interview with Agnes and The Duke:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sN-4IY8nLI
Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Here are the soundfiles for the pronunciations for Larry and Tina. Hope this helps. :)
There was one place, in Act III I think, where there was a line of an Italian song that I wasn't sure was part of the stage directions or not. If so, I'll need some help with that!
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/notoriousmrsebbsmith_larry_pronunciation.mp3
I need help on some pronunciations

"Qu'y a-t-il"
"Danieli"
"Palazzo Sforza"
"Qu'avez-vous la"
"Est-il parti"
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/notoriousmrsebbsmith_tina_pronunciation.mp3

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

bluechien wrote: April 30th, 2018, 8:55 pm and they had a fascinating tiny interview with Agnes and The Duke:
I pictured the duke much younger (and much more fleshed out) :shock: But she looks pretty much fitting.

Thanks for showing ! Did you see the play ?

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

bluechien wrote: April 30th, 2018, 8:55 pm A small company called Primavera staged this play in a tiny theater in London not long ago, "for the first time since 1890-something, and I wanted to post a link to their gorgeous Venetian set for anyone curious:
https://www.google.com/search?q=primavera+mrs+ebbsmith&tbm=isch
pics show Agnes in her bad dress, her good dress, and the handsome and charming (until Pinero's apocalyptic character teardown in Act 3) Lucas ...

and they had a fascinating tiny interview with Agnes and The Duke:
Thank you for finding these. I didn't realize we would be only the third production since 1895! Historic.

Todd
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Made a second edit and a final pass on Act 1 stage directions. Caught one missed line, so I hope there aren't others. I have first edit done on Act II, so it will be in soon.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/notoriousmrsebbsmith_stagedirections_1_128kb.mp3 20:20
~ Larry
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

silverquill wrote: May 3rd, 2018, 10:26 am Made a second edit and a final pass on Act 1 stage directions. Caught one missed line, so I hope there aren't others. I have first edit done on Act II, so it will be in soon.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/notoriousmrsebbsmith_stagedirections_1_128kb.mp3 20:20
Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: May 3rd, 2018, 10:26 amMade a second edit and a final pass on Act 1 stage directions. Caught one missed line, so I hope there aren't others. I have first edit done on Act II, so it will be in soon.
great, Larry, thank you so much for having a go at yet another lengthy Pinero stage directions. This author has problems keeping himself short LOL

on the whole it's excellently narrated again, I always love when you're already conveying the emotions of the actors in your directions. :9:

I found only a few things that you missed in the main act, here is the list:

> at 0:23: you forgot the whole dramatis personae. In case some readers forget to hand in the full credits, we need the narrator to read those. I agree, most of the time it’s not necessary, and a few of them we have already in, but just in case. :wink:

Could you say all this please:

Dramatis Personae / Agnes Ebbsmith, read by / Lucas Cleeve, read by / Sybil Cleeve, read by / Sir Sandford Cleeve, read by / The Duke of St. Olpherts, read by / Mrs Gertrude Thorpe, read by / Rev. Amos Winterfield, read by / Sir George Broderick, read by / Dr. Kirke, read by / Fortune, a manservant, read by / Antonio Poppi, Venetian servant, read by / Nella, Venetian servant, read by / Hephizbah, Lady's maid, read by / Stage directions, read by Larry Wilson

> also missing right after that is the general scene description: The Scene is laid in Venice—first at the Palazzo Arconati, a lodging house on the Grand Canal; afterwards in an apartment in the Campo S. Bartolomeo.

> at 0:30: here you could repeat “The First Act” once again, now that the play is really starting after the preliminaries

> at 6:22: Agnes (to Sir George and Kirke) – forgot Agnes

> at 19:13: [FORTUNE withdraws. Reading the note aloud.] – although it’s not written here, I think we need to say “Lucas, reading the note aloud” to point out it’s not Fortune doing this :hmm:

> at 19:53: “He throws his head back and laughs heartily.” – this is actually Lucas speaking, you can cut that part out

thank you, great start. Looking forward to the rest.

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Kitty wrote: May 4th, 2018, 2:16 am
silverquill wrote: May 3rd, 2018, 10:26 amMade a second edit and a final pass on Act 1 stage directions. Caught one missed line, so I hope there aren't others. I have first edit done on Act II, so it will be in soon.
great, Larry, thank you so much for having a go at yet another lengthy Pinero stage directions. This author has problems keeping himself short LOL

on the whole it's excellently narrated again, I always love when you're already conveying the emotions of the actors in your directions. :9:

I found only a few things that you missed in the main act, here is the list:

> at 0:23: you forgot the whole dramatis personae. In case some readers forget to hand in the full credits, we need the narrator to read those. I agree, most of the time it’s not necessary, and a few of them we have already in, but just in case. :wink:

Could you say all this please:

Dramatis Personae / Agnes Ebbsmith, read by / Lucas Cleeve, read by / Sybil Cleeve, read by / Sir Sandford Cleeve, read by / The Duke of St. Olpherts, read by / Mrs Gertrude Thorpe, read by / Rev. Amos Winterfield, read by / Sir George Broderick, read by / Dr. Kirke, read by / Fortune, a manservant, read by / Antonio Poppi, Venetian servant, read by / Nella, Venetian servant, read by / Hephizbah, Lady's maid, read by / Stage directions, read by Larry Wilson

> also missing right after that is the general scene description: The Scene is laid in Venice—first at the Palazzo Arconati, a lodging house on the Grand Canal; afterwards in an apartment in the Campo S. Bartolomeo.

> at 0:30: here you could repeat “The First Act” once again, now that the play is really starting after the preliminaries

> at 6:22: Agnes (to Sir George and Kirke) – forgot Agnes

> at 19:13: [FORTUNE withdraws. Reading the note aloud.] – although it’s not written here, I think we need to say “Lucas, reading the note aloud” to point out it’s not Fortune doing this :hmm:

> at 19:53: “He throws his head back and laughs heartily.” – this is actually Lucas speaking, you can cut that part out

thank you, great start. Looking forward to the rest.

Sonia
Okay, I should have asked about the DP, I'll include that, and I wasn't sure about the general description, so I'll put that in as well. Missed Agnes, well not too bad. And, the reading the not aloud . . . . I quite agree. My intonation was wrong there anyway, and should have redone it. And, the laughing '... another one I wasn't sure about, but easy to snip.

Thanks again for your attention to details. They really are important.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Okay, I think I have everything corrected for Act I stage directions.
~ Larry