COMPLETE[ESSAY/SATIRE] The Book of This and That by Robert Lynd-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
SkipCorris
Posts: 104
Joined: February 15th, 2018, 11:52 am

Post by SkipCorris » May 6th, 2018, 7:50 pm

Love these essays!

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/bookofthisandthat_19_lynd_128kb.mp3

Coming in at 11:34

Tom Daley

silverquill
Posts: 7813
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Reading, Massachusetts USA

Post by silverquill » May 6th, 2018, 7:56 pm

Penumbra wrote:
April 30th, 2018, 6:54 pm
Section 02 ready for PL. Length 11:08

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/bookofthisandthat_02_lynd_128kb.mp3
Forgot to mark this one as PL OK!
Thanks, Tom.

silverquill
Posts: 7813
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Reading, Massachusetts USA

Post by silverquill » May 6th, 2018, 7:56 pm

TomDaley wrote:
May 6th, 2018, 7:50 pm
Love these essays!

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/bookofthisandthat_19_lynd_128kb.mp3

Coming in at 11:34

Tom Daley
Good! We have some more to come. :)

In the MW Ready for PL

Penumbra
Posts: 951
Joined: May 10th, 2016, 6:16 pm

Post by Penumbra » May 7th, 2018, 8:51 am

TomDaley wrote:
May 6th, 2018, 7:50 pm
Love these essays!

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/bookofthisandthat_19_lynd_128kb.mp3

Coming in at 11:34

Tom Daley
Section 19 PL notes
Wonderfully read, Tom. I have just two technical items for your attention:
1) The intro silence should be betwen 0.5 and 1.0 seconds. Here it is almost 4.5 seconds.
2) The outro silence should be about 5 seconds. Here it is almost 8 seconds.
If you shorten the silence at the start and at the end of the recording it will be perfect.

Thank you.
Tom Penn
If you are looking for an easy, fun read, LV has only 5 of Gutenberg's 40+ books for children and YA by Roy J Snell.

SkipCorris
Posts: 104
Joined: February 15th, 2018, 11:52 am

Post by SkipCorris » May 7th, 2018, 10:38 am

Thanks, Tom! Will do.

GregGiordano
Posts: 3192
Joined: December 31st, 2012, 9:22 am
Location: New Port Richey, Florida

Post by GregGiordano » May 8th, 2018, 9:28 pm

POSTING AND A REQUEST:

Here is Section 23 -

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/bookofthisandthat_23_lynd_128kb.mp3

Time is 12:37

MAY I ALSO CLAIM SECTION 21 - ON DISASTERS.

Take care,

Greg

silverquill
Posts: 7813
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Reading, Massachusetts USA

Post by silverquill » May 8th, 2018, 9:38 pm

GregGiordano wrote:
May 8th, 2018, 9:28 pm
POSTING AND A REQUEST:

Here is Section 23 -

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/bookofthisandthat_23_lynd_128kb.mp3

Time is 12:37

MAY I ALSO CLAIM SECTION 21 - ON DISASTERS.

Take care,

Greg
Done and done! Thanks so much.

GregGiordano
Posts: 3192
Joined: December 31st, 2012, 9:22 am
Location: New Port Richey, Florida

Post by GregGiordano » May 8th, 2018, 10:41 pm

silverquill wrote:
May 8th, 2018, 9:38 pm
GregGiordano wrote:
May 8th, 2018, 9:28 pm
POSTING AND A REQUEST:

Here is Section 23 -

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/bookofthisandthat_23_lynd_128kb.mp3

Time is 12:37

MAY I ALSO CLAIM SECTION 21 - ON DISASTERS.

Take care,

Greg
Done and done! Thanks so much.
Many thanks, Larry!

Greg

Penumbra
Posts: 951
Joined: May 10th, 2016, 6:16 pm

Post by Penumbra » May 9th, 2018, 9:07 am

Section 23 is PL OK! :clap:

Thank you!
Tom Penn
If you are looking for an easy, fun read, LV has only 5 of Gutenberg's 40+ books for children and YA by Roy J Snell.

Penumbra
Posts: 951
Joined: May 10th, 2016, 6:16 pm

Post by Penumbra » May 9th, 2018, 1:19 pm

Tom Penn
If you are looking for an easy, fun read, LV has only 5 of Gutenberg's 40+ books for children and YA by Roy J Snell.


mightyfelix
Posts: 2594
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » May 12th, 2018, 12:01 am

Hm, so apparently, in the time and place when this was written, black cats were considered to be lucky. Well, that right there pretty much makes his point for him. :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/bookofthisandthat_17_lynd_128kb.mp3
9:52

silverquill
Posts: 7813
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Reading, Massachusetts USA

Post by silverquill » May 12th, 2018, 7:52 am

Thank you all for your recordings!
Updated MW.

Penumbra
Posts: 951
Joined: May 10th, 2016, 6:16 pm

Post by Penumbra » May 12th, 2018, 11:32 am

Section 13 is PL OK! :clap:
Section 14 is PL OK! :clap:

Section 15: I have one item for your attention:
08:25 to 08:28 There is a repeat: "With the case of the caging--with the case of the caging"

All three section well read. Thank you.
Tom Penn
If you are looking for an easy, fun read, LV has only 5 of Gutenberg's 40+ books for children and YA by Roy J Snell.

Penumbra
Posts: 951
Joined: May 10th, 2016, 6:16 pm

Post by Penumbra » May 12th, 2018, 11:41 am

mightyfelix wrote:
May 12th, 2018, 12:01 am
Hm, so apparently, in the time and place when this was written, black cats were considered to be lucky. Well, that right there pretty much makes his point for him. :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/bookofthisandthat_17_lynd_128kb.mp3
9:52
Section 17 is PL OK! :clap:
Very nicely read. Thank you. Here's hoping scads of people listen to this and get the message. (Knock on wood. :wink: )
Tom Penn
If you are looking for an easy, fun read, LV has only 5 of Gutenberg's 40+ books for children and YA by Roy J Snell.

Post Reply