LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

I'll take 11. :)
Jo
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Thank you both - sections assigned!

As mentioned in the first post, Tricia has collected all the parts of each paper in a single google doc. Just follow the link and read / download away! :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
linny

Post by linny »

linny wrote: June 26th, 2016, 7:01 pm Once PL notes are read, sections should be toggled to "See PL notes" or "PL ok".

PL notes for section 1:
Amplify 1-1.5
(when you upload revised files please toggle the file "ready for spot check")

Section 2:
Opening silence is almost 3 seconds. It should be less than 1.0.
Amplify 1-1.5
26:49 This is NOT standard PL and you don't have to change a thing. With that said, you might consider adding a bit more silence here. As a listener, the ending of the section was intense and then the note from the editor almost seemed an interruption. Another beat and I think I could have made the transition easier. Again, you are doing very well. Congratulations on your endeavor.

Section 3:
PL ok :thumbs:

In your initial post please change the instruction for your ending:
END of recording

At the end of the section, say:
"End of [Chapter]"
You have consistently said "End of Section [#]".
Hi,
I was going to check these things but the files don't seem to have been transferred. Could they still be in the abandoned folder?

If you would like I can DPL the project.
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Ok, guess I found my way through the jungle. 14 - Electric Oszillators is from Tesla and we omit the editor's note, so I can safely read it according to German law, right?

So I claim that one, please.

I'd love to do the moon, too, but that's too much for the moment.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Thanks Monika, the final section is yours!
Yes, please just ignore the editor's intro to the work, I have added a note to the first post accordingly.

Linny, thanks for offering to PL again!
I'll move the files over in a moment. I will change the intro to the standard long disclaimer though if it isn't there, so please hold off with PLing/checking just yet, thanks.

Since I only want Tesla's work here, I will offer the introductory section 0 to the nonfiction collection; I guess they would want to PL it themselves, so no need to check this one again.
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
laurencetrask

Post by laurencetrask »

May I have sections 9, 10, 12 and 13 please? (Almost done with my Chemistry readings!!!!) :D

Laurence
R0cky96

Post by R0cky96 »

Hello! I am brand new! But this book sounds really interesting as I am studying chemistry and physics right now. I just posted my 1 minute test, but I would love to claim a spot. : )
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

laurencetrask wrote: May 7th, 2018, 5:57 pm May I have sections 9, 10, 12 and 13 please? (Almost done with my Chemistry readings!!!!) :D
Oops, sorry I missed that - you're in! Have fun Laurence!
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

R0cky96 wrote: May 10th, 2018, 3:39 pm Hello! I am brand new! But this book sounds really interesting as I am studying chemistry and physics right now. I just posted my 1 minute test, but I would love to claim a spot. : )
Hi Rocky, and welcome to LV and to this project!

Usually you'd have to tell me which section you'd like to read, but since Laurence has left only one spot open, that was rather clear. :lol:

This is a complicated project, it's easiest to read from the google docs I linked on top of the Magic Window. Before you read the section on "Scientific Illusions", please wait for the OK on your test. If there's something wrong, it's easier to mess around with a 10 second recording than with something significantly longer - and I think that section 7 is quite that :wink:

Your reader page is here, to keep track of all your commitments, past and future: https://librivox.org/reader/12498
If you want to change your catalog name or you'd like to add a URL to a personal page, that's fine, just let me know.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
R0cky96

Post by R0cky96 »

Ava,

OH my goodness! I am happy I acted quickly! :) I will wait for the okay and then delve in!. Thank you for the Section. I will let know you if I have any questions.

Rocky,
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Here's section 11

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/myinventions_11_tesla_128kb.mp3

13:54

Not sure I've got the intro completely right. Let me know if it needs changing.
Jo
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Thank you jo! :D
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
R0cky96

Post by R0cky96 »

availle,

I have been cleared! I am just going to wait a week for my new equipment to arrive and then I will start.

Thank you for the section. :)

Raquel,
linny

Post by linny »

Hi Jo,
Great reading. I'm not certain if either of these notes warrants revision but here they are for yours and Ava's consideration.

I believe this text is missing from the beginning. It’s located under the diagram but seems more like an opening to the article.
0:34 - Early in Nikola Tesla’s Researches-in Fact as Far Back as 1892-He discovered a most peculiar and wonderful vacuum bulb phenomena. The effect was that, under certain critical conditions this bulb would cause a ray to be shot off in the manner shown, which ray would revolve or oscillate under the influence of a high frequency current and in synchrony with it. Bu utilizing this principle, Dr. Tesla believes it is possible to produce a radio detector more sensitive than the Audion or Fleming valve.

11:55 – (bottom of page 180) - The secondary of the transformer is grounded at one end, while the other end of the transformer connects with the Tesla blub.
I hear second

Ending silence is ~ 3 seconds.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Thanks Linny!
linny wrote: May 14th, 2018, 8:06 am
I believe this text is missing from the beginning. It’s located under the diagram but seems more like an opening to the articl
0:34 - Early in Nikola Tesla’s Researches-
That's an editorial comment or a caption to the diagram. I'd like to leave it out; I only want Tesla's own words in this project.
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com