[COMPLETE] [Dram Read] Story of the Amulet, E. Nesbit-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SpockleDorf

Post by SpockleDorf »

mightyfelix wrote: May 4th, 2018, 10:07 pm And it is PL ok, thank you! Just a word for the future. It would be helpful to leave a little more space in between each line. 3-5 seconds is best. Most of the pauses you left were only about two seconds, and it's very helpful in editing to have a larger break. :)
Ok, thanks for the feedback. I'll make sure I have more spaces in the future. :)
DISCLAIMER: All typos were created specifically for your enjoyment and are free of charge.
SpockleDorf

Post by SpockleDorf »

Also, what is the limit to different roles you can read?

If I can read more, I'd be interested in the Captain of the Gaol (ch. 7), Old Sailor (ch. 9), and Pheles (ch. 13).
DISCLAIMER: All typos were created specifically for your enjoyment and are free of charge.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

No more than one character per chapter, that's the only limit. You are good to go on all of those!

Edit: and there are characters to choose from going spare in Ch 8...
SpockleDorf

Post by SpockleDorf »

Here is the part for the Old Sailor (Chapter 9)

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/amulet_09_old_sailor.mp3

I'm also interested in reading as Mr Rosenbaum (Chapter 8).

Thanks, this weekend has been a blast! :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

SpockleDorf wrote: May 5th, 2018, 9:53 pm Here is the part for the Old Sailor (Chapter 9)

I'm also interested in reading as Mr Rosenbaum (Chapter 8).

Thanks, this weekend has been a blast! :D
I went ahead and assigned you to Mr. Rosenbaum. :)

For Chapter 9, there is actually a group line towards the end of the chapter, made up of many townspeople, which I'd like you to add: "The sea! The sea!" Thanks!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

benderca wrote: May 2nd, 2018, 5:07 am Museum Attendant/Clerk Ch 8:

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/amulet_08_museumattendantclerk.mp3
Fantastic read! I like it that you've given the two characters different voices! :9:

There are just two crowd lines missing though, one at the start and one at the end:

'What's she a saying of?' - this one is near the start, so either voice would do for it, though I think it's actually the Clerk speaking.

'Scandalous!' - another crowd scene but this one is definitely the Clerk, as he just wished to know who did it.

Ritti-Marduk is all PL OK, thanks so much!
SpockleDorf

Post by SpockleDorf »

mightyfelix wrote: May 5th, 2018, 10:13 pm I went ahead and assigned you to Mr. Rosenbaum. :)

For Chapter 9, there is actually a group line towards the end of the chapter, made up of many townspeople, which I'd like you to add: "The sea! The sea!" Thanks!
Here is the new and improved recording for the Old Sailor (Chapter 9): :D

EDIT: (00:29)
Last edited by SpockleDorf on May 7th, 2018, 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpockleDorf

Post by SpockleDorf »

benderca

Post by benderca »

benderca

Post by benderca »

Elizabby wrote: May 5th, 2018, 10:59 pm Fantastic read! I like it that you've given the two characters different voices! :9:
Thanks! I thought it would be funny if I read the clerk like a sports announcer reporting a play-by-play... :lol:
Elizabby wrote: May 5th, 2018, 10:59 pm There are just two crowd lines missing though, one at the start and one at the end:

'What's she a saying of?' - this one is near the start, so either voice would do for it, though I think it's actually the Clerk speaking.

'Scandalous!' - another crowd scene but this one is definitely the Clerk, as he just wished to know who did it.
Okay. I added both of those. I wasn't sure if you wanted just "scandalous" or the whole line, so I read the whole line. You can take what you need. If you want me to delete the rest, please let me know.
Elizabby wrote: May 5th, 2018, 10:59 pm Ritti-Marduk is all PL OK, thanks so much!
You're very welcome! Thank you!

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/amulet_08_museumattendantclerk.mp3
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I haven't listened yet, but you don't need to delete anything. I'd rather have too much than too little. Gives me options. :)
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

They are meant to be crowd scenes, so a bit of extra material is always a plus! Thanks, your Chapter 8 roles are now PL OK!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

The last two female characters have been orphaned.
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Is the British Woman the one line "Poor child" ... in Chapter 10? In that case I think I can do that :)
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

It's actually two lines:
'Poor child!' whispered the women who crowded round, 'the terror of the wolves has turned her brain.'
But I've given it to you anyway...

The "Lady" in Ch 11 has four lines, if you wanted a more substantial part! ;)