COMPLETE: The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas - AF/jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kri

Post by kri »

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page here:

http://librivox.org/the-three-musketeers-by-alexandre-dumas

Please note that kri has decided to cut back on her librivox commitments for a while, so I will be stepping in as BC/MC on this project going forward. - Jo (knotyouraveragejo) Sept 15, 2007

Don't forget to add 4-6 seconds of silence at the end of your recording!!

"The Three Musketeers" by Alexandre Dumas

OK, so I can't resist another Dumas book.

A great and amusing story. Forget the movies, read the book!

Gutenberg Text: http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/1257

Do not read any other text! See this post for more details

Target completion date: December 15, 2007

(BC admin link)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)

Please use the Libirvox uploader to upload a copy of your mp3 file for prooflistening and cataloging.

The uploader displays a permanent link when the upload is complete

[*]Please copy this link and post it in this forum thread when you've uploaded a file.[/color]

File Name Format: (the ## being your chapter number in two digits)
three_musketeers_##_dumas

ID3 Tag Formats:
Title:## - Chapter Title
Artist: Alexandre Dumas
Album: The Three Musketeers

Comment (optional): Recorded by [your name]

Other File Requirements:
Bitrate MUST be 128kbps
Sample rate MUST be 44100kHz

If this is your first recording for Librivox, when you make your post to notify me of your completed file, please include the information you would like to be in the catalog.
Your...
1. Name you would like in the catalog
2. URL (if you have one)

About Recording:

At the Beginning of the Chapter Say..

* "This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox.org"

* If you wish, identify yourself, by saying as much or as little as you are comfortable with, of:
"Recorded by Your Name, City, Web Address, The current Month and Year"

* Then introduce your recording by saying:
"The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas Chapter #, chapter title"

At the end of the chapter say...

* "End of chapter #"

At the end of the book (the Epilogue) say...

* "End of The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas"

Please check the Recording Notes thread before recording:
http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

If this is your first recording, you'll also find this useful:

http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/NewbieGuideToRecording

Advice on French pronunciations:
ChipDoc wrote:Here's a trick I've used to deal with unfamilaliar pronounciations: Say it in whatever way seems best to you, but say it WITH AUTHORITY. If you sound like you know what you're talking about, most folks will believe you. Even if you're dead wrong, most folks who know "the right way" to pronounce a word will pause and consider if possibly YOU are right if you speak the word with easy conviction.
Last edited by kri on January 16th, 2007, 3:47 pm, edited 84 times in total.
rfrancis

Post by rfrancis »

Firstly reply, first reply!

Chapter four please. :) Wait, how many chapters can I ask for?

-R
[url=http://www.pendantaudio.com/bios/rfrancis.html]me[/url]
Aldark

Post by Aldark »

Kri,

I'll take whatever chapter to start with... so unless you have dibs on Chapter 1 as coordinator, I'll take it!

What is your time frame for completion?
kri

Post by kri »

Aldark wrote:What is your time frame for completion?
Thanks Aldark!! I forgot that part. I'll add in the completion target. I haven't claimed chapters as of yet, so I'd be glad to give you chapter 1.

Chapter 4, and any others you'd like to claim rfrancis :)
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

best of luck to you, but I am on the chipdoc librivox diet: take more chaps only when you've finished what you've got on your plate. so...back to work!
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Ooo ooo ooo!

I know it's a tad out of order, but I'd love to have 52. CAPTIVITY: THE FIRST DAY.

I may claim additional days of captivity depending on time and motivation...

-Catharine
kri

Post by kri »

ceastman wrote:Ooo ooo ooo!

I know it's a tad out of order, but I'd love to have 52. CAPTIVITY: THE FIRST DAY.

I may claim additional days of captivity depending on time and motivation...

-Catharine
It's all yours Catharine :)

You know Hugh, that's a good idea. Although, if I took that stance on recordings I'd never claim things like Liaisons Dangereuses and Chaucer.
rfrancis

Post by rfrancis »

kri wrote:
Aldark wrote:What is your time frame for completion?
Thanks Aldark!! I forgot that part. I'll add in the completion target. I haven't claimed chapters as of yet, so I'd be glad to give you chapter 1.

Chapter 4, and any others you'd like to claim rfrancis :)
Yes, I should like to add chapter 5 to it as well. And then I will stop being greedy, particularly as I'm about to have some computer downtime (new computer, woo hoo!)

Hugh, I'm really on the same diet. Except for THIS SPECIFIC WORK. I have anticipated and feared it at the same time. It is literally my favorite work of fiction of all time. It is why I fence. It is why I am about to make a fool out of myself and why I must now end this message. :)

Chapters 4 and 5 for now, yes yes. See, I can show restraint.

-R
kri

Post by kri »

rfrancis wrote:Chapters 4 and 5 for now, yes yes. See, I can show restraint.-R
Restraint....You should listen to Heart of Darkness :P

4 and 5 for you rfrancis :)
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

rfrancis wrote:Hugh, I'm really on the same diet. Except for THIS SPECIFIC WORK. I have anticipated and feared it at the same time. It is literally my favorite work of fiction of all time. It is why I fence. It is why I am about to make a fool out of myself and why I must now end this message. :)
Foil, epee, or saber? (Peter and I are foil people - albeit totally non-competitive ones, which I think drives the head of our teeny club nuts.)

It wasn't TTM that specifically got me fencing. It was the same friend who basically introduced me to fantasy, RenFaires, and the Celtic harp. I did it for a summer a long while back, and then Peter and I were looking for a good form of aerobic exercise, and found that a nearby town had intro foil on its list of classes. That was about a year and a half ago, and we've been going at it ever since. :)

-Catharine
rfrancis

Post by rfrancis »

ceastman wrote: Foil, epee, or saber? (Peter and I are foil people - albeit totally non-competitive ones, which I think drives the head of our teeny club nuts.)
-Catharine
None of the above. I started as an SCA fencer and got into heavy blades after about a year -- schlagers at first, now frequently more realistic blades like Del Tin, Hanwei, etc. I'm a (very remote) student of the Tattershall School of Defence these days so I do more period fighting studies. Been sick for a couple of years and just getting back into swinging a sword now... good time to hit the Dumas, oh yeah. :)

-R
kri

Post by kri »

Please note, I added more file requirements in the original post here: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=14540#14540

Make sure you check your bit rate and sample rate, that it fits with our requirements
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Chapter 52 is coming along nicely (I got about a third of it done this morning), so I'd like to claim Chapter 53 as well.

(I'm almost done with stuff related to my WitW chapter - really, I'm sort of sticking to my diet of only 1 chapter at a time... :wink: )

-Catharine
kri

Post by kri »

I won't tell anyone Catharine, if this breaks your rule of one at a time ;) 53 is yours.
kri

Post by kri »

We have a new list of readers names and information, so that we book coordinators don't have to always ask you for your info to credit your recording!! I would like to ask those whose names aren't already on the list to please do one of two things...

1. Insert your name and information into the wiki page yourself or
2. Post in this thread with your name and information for me (or our fellow readers) to insert.

Thanks!! Once your name and information is in, you should never have to worry about a book coordinator asking for your information, 'cause it'll be there!! Just make sure to keep it updated.