'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for pipesdreams (Moira Fogarty) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I've just finished listening to Moira Fogarty's reading of Emma by Jane Austen (https://librivox.org/emma-by-jane-austen-2/)...A wonderful rendition of a wonderful book.

I thank Moira for many hours of enjoyable listening.

I've also submitted a positive review to the Internet Archive page for the book.

Regards,

Danny

All of Moira's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for tux753 (Tux) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thanks you very much for reading "el lazarillo de tormes"

All of Tux's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for composerscott (Scott D. Farquhar) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you Scott D. Farquhar for your reading of Star Surgeon by Alan Edward Nourse (https://librivox.org/star-surgeon-by-alan-edward-nourse/). I almost skipped this science fiction, but I am very glad I didn't. I thought your reading was excellent! I liked your voices for the three main characters — Dal, Tiger, and Jack. At first I was put off by Jack's strange accent, however, I quickly appreciated it and soon Jack seemed just as real and natural as everyone else. Whenever Tiger got excited his manner of speaking reminded me of a young Keith Carradine, so Tiger looked like Keith Carradine in my mind's eye. I also had distinct mental images for Dal and Jack. Regarding the story, Star Doctor has one of the best plot twists I've encountered in a long time, on the plague planet. All in all your reading and the story made the book an unexpected treat. Thank you! I'll have to see what else you have read for LibriVox.

Jon
Anderson, SC

All of Scott's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bgdavid (David Clarke) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you so much for your beautiful reading of ‘The Count of Monte Cristo.’ I enjoy many Librivox readers but your sensitive style stands out among these. I hope you’ll extend your collection of readings. They are really exceptional.

Rebecca

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Bear Creek Mama (Laura Caldwell) from our 'Thank a reader' feature egarding her recording of In God's Garden:

God bless you and thank you for your wonderful readings.
Enjoying them immensely! 😇 Patricia

All of Laura's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
JenniferW

Post by JenniferW »

icequeen wrote: January 15th, 2018, 8:52 pm Praise received for JenniferW (JenniferW) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I've been listening to The Theory of Moral Sentiments; thank you for your clear recordings, and also your voice reminds me that of Ellen Mclain voice-acting of Glados in Portal video game. :)

All of JenniferW's recordings!
Thank you for your feedback. I love Adam Smith and feel fortunate to be able to take on such material.

I've contacted Bethesda volunteering to re-record some of their Skyrim characters. I won't even ask for an advance copy of anything. Any day now. . . .
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MaryAnnSpiegel (MaryAnn) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you so much for your reading of Tolstoy's Anna Karenina

I have spent years being too frightened to try and read it for fear of
failure. However your reading is just wonderful; the tone of voice,
the pronunciation, the pace of reading. This audobook is incredible
and I am flying through it, enjoying it immensely.

You have obviously put in a huge amount of work to ensure the
exceptionally high level of professionalism in your reading of this
book.

Again thank you

All of MaryAnn's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello , I would like to thank Mr MARK F. SMITH for the reading of Around The World in 80 Days.
I’m a Spanish student of English and I have enjoyed having been able to listen to the story while reading it at the same time with the online text found in your web.
Thanks for helping me with this audio material which enables me to improve my learning of the language. I fully appreciate it.
Best regards

Carmen
Canary Islands
Spain

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Paul Adams (Paul Adams) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Librivox,

I wish to extend my sincerest thanks to your organization and to Paul Adams for his reading of A Tale of Two Cities. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to Mr. Adams' reading of this remarkable novel, which he truly brought to life.

Thank you again.

Sincerely,
Brady
State College, PA, USA

All of Paul's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MARTIN GEESON (Martin Geeson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Martin,

I need to say that I am taking great pleasure in your reading of the novel (The Idiot, part 1 and 2).
I encountered it only because I recommended the book to a friend who has had a form of epilepsy, and who is, at present unable to read for an extended period. So now I have started listening to it myself I have become absorbed.

Your reading is wonderfully lucid. Your style is most agreeably unmannered but it brings out the characters with great sympathy and feeling.
What I really like is the way you delicately reveal the comedy in the book (something I confess that I failed to see when I read it myself years ago) -I find myself laughing quietly in delight.

So, many thanks,

John,
Dublin

All of Martin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Listening to Karen Savage read, “Rainbow Valley”, by L. M. Montgomery was a treat. She reads flawlessly and can change her voice to each character with such ease, there is no question to whose lines I am hearing. It is as good as a professional storyteller. I will look for her name as reader, knowing I will enjoy it thoroughly. I am in awe to her talent. I tried reading to my children, using different voices. However, I could never switch from the voice, back to my own, when required. I always gave up after a page or two. Thank you Karen!

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Read (Kristin Lewis) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I enjoy listening to Kristin Lewis’s voice. She is so soft spoken, but easily heard. I listened to her read, “Trading Jeff and His Dog”, by Jim Kjelgaard. Her voice is incredibly soothing. I was disappointed, at first, when a mans voice, came on, after a few chapters. However, he too, was very nice to listen to. I soon got over my disappointment, but was pleased, when Kristin finished reading the last chapters. I will look for other titles she has read, just to enjoy listening to her voice. Thank you Kristin! I hope you will read many other stories, you have a great talent.

All of Kristin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for 2peltons (Mike Pelton) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I listened to, Mike Pelton, read, “Rescue Dog of the High Pass”, by Jim Kjelgaard. I thoroughly enjoyed the wonderful story, and Mike’s reading of it. I see that he has read, for many books. I am looking forward to listening to many of them. He is very talented! His voice is very strong and enjoyable to listen to. Thank you Mike, for lending your talent and time, to bring enjoyment to many people. I appreciate your voice very much.

All of Mike's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for wandering (Ray Clare) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

To Ray Clare:

Now that I have little children underfoot, reading is a luxury. I never knew how much I'd miss it. Thank God for librivox and its devoted narrators. I love you all. You, particularly, Ray: thank you so much for getting such a lot of Hilaire Belloc and G.K. Chesterton into recorded form: I'm not sure I'd ever have got around to them any other way, and you have made them enjoyable as well as available. In my head, now, your voice, and droll delivery, ARE the sound of Belloc-- your reading so well suits his words. I've listened through volumes of his essays in your voice, and loved them. Your recording of Manalive was my first foray into Chesterton, and I've gone on to listen to, and actually read (!) several of his other works as a result. Thank you so much for the time and effort you put into your recordings.

All of Ray's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Ralph Snelson (Ralph Snelson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mr. Ralph Snelson

I could not have imaged or asked for a better reader with which to circumvent the world.

Thank you for lending your animated voice, your talents, and your time to bringing the joy of “Around the World in 80 Days” to me.

Your rendition truly swept me away…… by steamer, train, elephant, and sledge!

All the best to you and my many thanks again.

All of Ralph's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!