[COMPLETE] The Mysteries of Marseilles by Emile Zola-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

Hi Beth!
I see you've checked a couple more - thank you!!!
I'm in Part 2 and have to admit this one is much more captivating than the previous one I did. :-)
Enjoy!
Celine
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Yes! They are all OK so far, no notes to post! I just wanted to comment that I like the way you have put 2 chapters together in each section - I think it helps the flow of the story and 20-30 mins is the perfect listening length!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Finished Part 1! All PL OK, but between this and The Handmaid's Tale I feel like taking on social injustice everywhere!
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

Thanks...totally agree about social injustice.
Have a great weekend. 🌺
Celine
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Just finished Section 13, it's all PL Ok, no notes. I just want to comment that it sounds so modern! This kind of financial "speculation" which then bring widespread ruin when it all falls apart is exactly the kind of thing that happened in the GFC! Nothing has changed...
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

Thank you for the update.😀
I'm afraid you're correct in your comment. Evidently the past has taught us nothing!
Celine
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I'm done to the end of Section 17 - oh wow! I thought the suicide was dramatic but now an elopement with a priest?? 😱
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

All PL OK through to the end of Part 2! That elopement was not at all what I expected!
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

That's great thanks again. BTW I notice that section 15 hasn't been marked PL OK but I think you've already checked it?

Like you I am loving all the twists and turns in this one. :-) Stay tuned for more mayhem. :shock:
Celine
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

There's just one but Section 15 that I want to check again - I'll mark it either OK or leave you note when I've listened again.
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

Hello Beth!!

I've just uploaded the last sections.

I won't give away the ending teehee!!

So...unless you need fixes. I am done. :-) Time for a little break...maybe for you too. :D
Celine
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

You're so quick! And such an accurate reader too! Every time I think something sounds weird, it's always a translation oddity that you've read very faithfully! I still like Vizetelly better than the other translator of Zola that I've read though.
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

LOL I have to admit I rolled my eyes a few times trying to read the text as written.

I also enjoyed this translation though.
Celine
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Three chapters to go! We are getting to the pointy end now...

I have another solo lined up to DPL after this one - but are you contemplating any more Zola?
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

That's great thanks...am curious to see how you like the conclusion.:)

I will probably do another Zola but not for a while. I have a few Braddon books I want to do first.

Have a great weekend!!!
Celine