john
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Thank you again, John. :9:
Tomas Peter
johnb2

Post by johnb2 »

Hi Tomas

section 46 Reinhardt - has a footnote blurb in french at the end, which refers back to its english translation in the text. SInce I don't read french, shall I ignore it or have it read in french and tag it to the end of the chapter.

3. “Je serais d’autant plus heureux d’entreprendre le scénario dont vous m’avez parlé, qu’il s’agit de Lillian Gish, qui est la grande vedette du cinéma que j’admire entre toutes, car aucune autre n’a autant de talent, n’est aussi naturelle, aussi sympathique, aussi émouvante.”

john
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

johnb2 wrote: April 20th, 2018, 12:26 pm Hi Tomas

section 46 Reinhardt - has a footnote blurb in french at the end, which refers back to its english translation in the text. SInce I don't read french, shall I ignore it or have it read in french and tag it to the end of the chapter.

3. “Je serais d’autant plus heureux d’entreprendre le scénario dont vous m’avez parlé, qu’il s’agit de Lillian Gish, qui est la grande vedette du cinéma que j’admire entre toutes, car aucune autre n’a autant de talent, n’est aussi naturelle, aussi sympathique, aussi émouvante.”

john
You can ignore it, John. If the translation is already provided, there's no need to record the French original (especially since most French-speakers probably won't listen to this audiobook, anyway).

Thanks for double-checking, though. :thumbs:
Tomas Peter
Caro23

Post by Caro23 »

Part 3, Chapter 13, section 49, One Romantic Night

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/lifeandlilliangish_49_paine_128kb.mp3

Record time 10:32
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Caro23 wrote: April 21st, 2018, 4:07 pm Part 3, Chapter 13, section 49, One Romantic Night
great reading again, thank you so much, Caroline. :9: Interesting to hear how the silent film actors were not really in favour of the new talkies.

I found one part of a sentence missing:

> at 3:08: missing lines (those I underlined) you must have skipped a bit because of the similar start of the sentence: "if I could get it for a reasonable sum—I could have it to take the place of the Reinhardt picture. I came East in April (1929), to see Mr. Madden, O’Neill’s agent. I could have it for $75,000."

The rest was perfect !

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Caro23

Post by Caro23 »

Caro23

Post by Caro23 »

Kitty wrote: April 22nd, 2018, 8:41 am
Caro23 wrote: April 21st, 2018, 4:07 pm Part 3, Chapter 13, section 49, One Romantic Night
great reading again, thank you so much, Caroline. :9: Interesting to hear how the silent film actors were not really in favour of the new talkies.

I found one part of a sentence missing:

> at 3:08: missing lines (those I underlined) you must have skipped a bit because of the similar start of the sentence: "if I could get it for a reasonable sum—I could have it to take the place of the Reinhardt picture. I came East in April (1929), to see Mr. Madden, O’Neill’s agent. I could have it for $75,000."

The rest was perfect !

Sonia
Thank you Sonia! It's fixed:

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Caro23 wrote: April 22nd, 2018, 2:46 pm Thank you Sonia! It's fixed:
thank you, Caroline. Excellently patched in. :thumbs: This section and also the new 37 are both PL ok now.

Sonia
Caro23

Post by Caro23 »

I can take:

41 'La Bohême'
42 'The Scarlet Letter'

(I'm new to this, and loving it! It's both harder and more fun than I expected! :D )
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Caro23 wrote: April 23rd, 2018, 5:08 am (I'm new to this, and loving it! It's both harder and more fun than I expected! :D )
I know exactly how you're feeling. I was hooked from the start as well. It's such a challenge to make a recording sound good but in the end, when one is happy with the outcome, it's so worth it. :)

Looking forward to your next sections :9: (since Tomas is not online yet, I'll update the MW for the time being.

And hey, this makes us fully claimed :D

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Woohoo! :D Thank you, Caroline, for claiming the final sections. They're in good hands. :9:

David, that means we're full (for now), and you can move this to Readers Found, if you'd like. :mrgreen:
Tomas Peter
JudeSomers

Post by JudeSomers »

I've just uploaded Section 6 (length 22:13)

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/lifeandlilliangish_06_paine_128kb.mp3

cheers
Jude Somers
......................................................................................

"With gratitude, optimism is sustainable."
Michael J. Fox
johnb2

Post by johnb2 »

Hi Sonia and Tomas

part 3/chapter 10 @ 15:29

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/lifeandlilliangish_46_paine_128kb.mp3

by until the next time.

john
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

JudeSomers wrote: April 23rd, 2018, 7:53 pm I've just uploaded Section 6 (length 22:13)
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/lifeandlilliangish_06_paine_128kb.mp3
excellent reading, Jude, thank you so much. Life on the road was quite hard for a little girl back then. :? I loved your narration, it was interesting to listen to. And the entire text was flawless, unfortunately you have a small error in the end disclaimer:

> at 22:04: the ending should be: “End of Part 1, Chapter 5” (no need to mention “section 6”)

apart from that, all was well.

Thanks

Sonia