Recording for Librivox on Android

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Does anyone know a way of making Librivox recording on Android devices?
I do most of my computing on Android devices but have to go back to my ancient laptop for Librivox recording. Any advice appreciated.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
schrm

Post by schrm »

i was interested into that topic and tested around a little bit - before i bought an usb microphone.
the phone microphone is not the best thing, in comparison. and when i have to buy an external micro, i decided it to be one for my notebook.
(the phone testrecording was better than my ten years old mp3 player, though.)

for recording, you can use soundrecorder, which is preinstalled on some phones.
for audio editing, i didnt find something really useful. but there are several audio editing apps existing and users of chromebooks have to use some of them, too.
special interest i had in wavepad (it's on google play store for android): amplifying is possible, noise reduction i didnt see on the screenshots.
to be honest, i decided it to be too complicated and my fingers to be too clumsy :-)
additionally i have to say, that my laptop drive died a week ago - and that is more cheap and easy to replace than my phone.

there are several sites in the forum and in the wiki,eg:
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Software_We_Use
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

For editing, you can use Twisted Wave through a web browser. The problem that I've not heard anyone come up with a solution for is uploading the final audio file to Librivox as the web page assumes a conventional file system which mobile operating systems seem to try to protect you from...
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

If you transfer the finished file to OneDrive, you should be able to upload it from there.

Using iCloud, the Apple version of OneDrive, I was able to transfer a file then browse to it and select it for upload on an iPhone.

David O