COMPLETE The Romance of Modern Invention by Williams -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

manway wrote: April 16th, 2018, 3:48 pm Hi Carolin,
Here is my contribution for Chapter 11 and Chapter 12 -
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/moderninvention_11_williams_128kb.mp3 20.35

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/moderninvention_12_williams_128kb.mp3 17.47

Please let me know if all is okay.
Thanks.
These are both well read. :clap:
Only one small detail need attention, per the bolded instructions, "There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording."

Both of these have only about 2 seconds. Just copy and post some of the silence to make it five, the upload the files again and you'll be golden.

Feel free to read some more if you like. :)
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you larry!
Carolin
TheInnovator

Post by TheInnovator »

I am a first time reader and would like my debut to be section 19 "mechanical flight". Excited about this project and to work with you all!
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Hi and welcome to librivox!

You are welcome to participate in this project. To be able to sign you up, i need to know under which name or pseudonym you would like to appear in the catalog. We can also link to your personal website or blog.

Please also complete the one minute test before getting started! Thank you!
Carolin
alyb87

Post by alyb87 »

Hi Carolin,

Please could I claim Chapter 19 Mechanical Flight?

Many thanks,

Aly
TheInnovator

Post by TheInnovator »

Carolin wrote: April 19th, 2018, 8:42 am Hi and welcome to librivox!

You are welcome to participate in this project. To be able to sign you up, i need to know under which name or pseudonym you would like to appear in the catalog. We can also link to your personal website or blog.

Please also complete the one minute test before getting started! Thank you!
Happy Friday Carolin!

I have uploaded my one minute test. You can upload me in the blog as"TheInnovator" please.

Enjoy this beautiful day,

Michael
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you both :thumbs:
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

TheInnovator wrote: April 20th, 2018, 11:35 am I have uploaded my one minute test. You can upload me in the blog as"TheInnovator" please.

Enjoy this beautiful day,

Michael
Hi michael, please post a link to your one minute test in the listeners and editors wanted forum. Nobody can check your test if you dont post a link. Thank you!
Carolin
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Here is Chapter 8.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/moderninvention_08_williams_128kb.mp3

Length 23:25. (Note for new readers wondering and worrying about having to fix errors in their recordings: my raw file was 32 minutes - 50% larger. That is my normal pattern even after almost 7 years here. Audacity can be your friend! No one knows about all those errors that never appear in the final file...)

Thanks, Todd
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

ToddHW wrote: April 29th, 2018, 5:32 am Here is Chapter 8.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/moderninvention_08_williams_128kb.mp3

Length 23:25. (Note for new readers wondering and worrying about having to fix errors in their recordings: my raw file was 32 minutes - 50% larger. That is my normal pattern even after almost 7 years here. Audacity can be your friend! No one knows about all those errors that never appear in the final file...)

Thanks, Todd
And, the result is 23 min 25 secs of good recording! ==PL OK :thumbs:

That percentage sounds about right, from raw recording to finished reading.
I think my first LV recording was a Poe poem that I read a dozen or more times to get it right because I didn't understand the editing process. i keep thinking I'll get better and won't have to edit so much. Well, maybe a little, but then there are the big trucks, trains and other noises that have to be cut out. Once I got comfortable editing, things smoothed out a lot.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
sizemorecrew

Post by sizemorecrew »

I would be interested in taking the chapter on 'Lighting.'

Quick question though; this chapter has a table in which it lays out the rate of cost for different methods of illumination; the table does not look very listener friendly: should this be omitted, or is there another preferred method for situations such as these?
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you all!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

sizemorecrew wrote: April 29th, 2018, 9:09 pm Quick question though; this chapter has a table in which it lays out the rate of cost for different methods of illumination; the table does not look very listener friendly: should this be omitted, or is there another preferred method for situations such as these?
This table needs to be read as well. But i think it will be very easy to read and to listen to. Please let us know if you have any questions :)
Carolin
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Chapter 18 is recorded - need to edit.

Thanks, Todd
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

:thumbs:
Carolin