COMPLETE [DR] The Voyages of Doctor Dolittle - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Bill! Pepito is PL OK! If you wanted to take another role, I'd recommend either the Popsipetal Elder or the Popsipetel Court Poet - or both, if you were feeling very poetic! :mrgreen:
JonBailey

Post by JonBailey »

mightyfelix wrote: April 17th, 2018, 11:37 am Thanks!

After hearing this, I do think that Bob would be a great role for you. Or, really, any of the male characters in section 6 (the courtroom scene). Luke the Hermit or the policeman in section 5 would be nice, too. Take a look at the parts, and let me know which one you'd like. You could also take one of the Popsipetels or islanders towards the end of the book, if you want.
Thanks for that. I would be more than happy to record Luke the Hermit and Bob the Bulldog. If I finish those two and others are free I will definitely consider offering to take on a few more characters.

Cheers!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

JonBailey wrote: April 18th, 2018, 9:45 pm
mightyfelix wrote: April 17th, 2018, 11:37 am Thanks!

After hearing this, I do think that Bob would be a great role for you. Or, really, any of the male characters in section 6 (the courtroom scene). Luke the Hermit or the policeman in section 5 would be nice, too. Take a look at the parts, and let me know which one you'd like. You could also take one of the Popsipetels or islanders towards the end of the book, if you want.
Thanks for that. I would be more than happy to record Luke the Hermit and Bob the Bulldog. If I finish those two and others are free I will definitely consider offering to take on a few more characters.

Cheers!
Thanks! It'll have to be one or the other, though, since Bob and Luke both appear in the same section, and it gets confusing having the same voice as two different characters, especially so close together. (Unless, like I said, you're actually Mel Blanc reincarnated.) Let me know which of them you'd like, and then you're welcome to take on another character in a different section.
JonBailey

Post by JonBailey »

mightyfelix wrote: April 18th, 2018, 10:00 pm Thanks! It'll have to be one or the other, though, since Bob and Luke both appear in the same section, and it gets confusing having the same voice as two different characters, especially so close together. (Unless, like I said, you're actually Mel Blanc reincarnated.) Let me know which of them you'd like, and then you're welcome to take on another character in a different section.
Tell you what I'll do. I'll record Bob and I'll send you an audition for Luke...you can make up your own mind then. Will that work?
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

My suggestion would be to do Bob, then do a different voice for "Islander 2" which is a role that appears across three sections towards the end of the book. "Islander 1 is a woman, so that should provide a nice contrast!

There's also a "Spanish Boy" in Section 10 if you felt like trying on an accent!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Yes, I'd actually prefer Beth's suggestion. Sorry to be a killjoy!
Bill Mosley

Post by Bill Mosley »

Howdy from Texas!

If you don't mind the islanders sounding like they're from Texas,

i'll do

50 Popsipetel Elder May be claimed together with or separate from Popsipetel Court Poet
S16 Open

and

51 Popsipetel Court Poet May be claimed together with or separate from Popsipetel Elder
S17
Bill

How did it get so late so soon?
It’s night before it’s afternoon.
December is here before it’s June.
My goodness how the time has flewn.
How did it get so late so soon?
~Dr. Seuss
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Bill Mosley wrote: April 19th, 2018, 8:29 am Howdy from Texas!

If you don't mind the islanders sounding like they're from Texas,

i'll do

50 Popsipetel Elder May be claimed together with or separate from Popsipetel Court Poet
S16 Open

and

51 Popsipetel Court Poet May be claimed together with or separate from Popsipetel Elder
S17
That'll be fine! :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Jon, I've assigned you the role of Bob. Here is your personal reader page, where you can view every project you're currently involved in, as well as, eventually, every completed project you've ever read for: https://librivox.org/reader/12446

You can access that page by clicking your name in the MW of any project in which you have a section assigned to you. Let me know if you have any questions!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Here's the first few chapters of Polynesia - I'm experimenting a bit with the parrot voice, so let me know what you think before I do too many chapters in it!

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/voyagesdrdolittle_polynesia_02.mp3 (4:25)
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/voyagesdrdolittle_polynesia_07.mp3 (0:50)
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/voyagesdrdolittle_polynesia_08.mp3 (0:25)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Elizabby wrote: April 20th, 2018, 5:32 am Here's the first few chapters of Polynesia - I'm experimenting a bit with the parrot voice, so let me know what you think before I do too many chapters in it!

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/voyagesdrdolittle_polynesia_02.mp3 (4:25)
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/voyagesdrdolittle_polynesia_07.mp3 (0:50)
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/voyagesdrdolittle_polynesia_08.mp3 (0:25)
I think the voice is perfect! Thanks so much. :D I've marked these three PL ok.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Well, it's been a busy (but fun) weekend, from which I haven't quite recovered. (No one expose my hypocrisy by checking/pointing out what time it is in Texas, k?) But I'll try to PL those Polynesia sections tomorrow.

In the meantime, here are the first three for Tommy. I recorded all of it, luckily, before my throat went haywire and I was forced to take a hiatus from recording for a time.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

The first three recordings of Tommy Stubbins are all PL OK, and with lovely expression! Lots of questions, but you sound just like a curious little boy! :9:
GillH

Post by GillH »

Hi. I'm probably being dense but I can't work out exactly what to read. There's no "link to text" for my part. How do I know which bits correspond to the sections as numbered? Thanks!