[ENDED] An April Adventure! All 24 participants successful! 55 new sections! 14h 16m free public domain audio created!

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Good Luck!

Yes, I'm one of those lurking in the background on this thread. I will jump in as soon as I get a bit more caught up.

MaryAnn
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Cori,
I have just had a pl approval on my April Challenge that was moved into a multilingual thread. :thumbs:
April
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

I've just uploaded a story to the Short Science Fiction collection. It's a simple little character study of a man and his robot, "Beside Still Waters" by Robert Scheckley. (Length 10:40). Still awaiting PL.

viewtopic.php?p=1457872#p1457872
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I have completed two essays (chapters) of my literary criticism project. Times were 24:01 and 23:17. Jim
Ealswythe

Post by Ealswythe »

Another success! I just posted to a poem "Set Modus in Rebus" to Carolin's project, "Songs of the Sea and Lays of the Land". (5:15)
viewtopic.php?p=1402151#p1402151

:D
Ealswythe

My recording is PL OK.
:clap:
Last edited by Ealswythe on April 15th, 2018, 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

commonsparrow3 wrote: April 12th, 2018, 8:35 pm I've just uploaded a story to the Short Science Fiction collection. It's a simple little character study of a man and his robot, "Beside Still Waters" by Robert Scheckley. (Length 10:40). Still awaiting PL.
"Beside Still Waters" has now been marked PL OK.

I had fun with my first sci-fi story, so decided to attempt another, a wacky little comedy called "We Didn't Do Anything Wrong, Hardly" by Roger Kuykendall -- (length 10:21). Awaiting PL.
viewtopic.php?p=1458478#p1458478
Cori

Post by Cori »

Oh, this is brilliant -- nearly 6 hours of adventuring now (5h 53m 40s!) Since we're at the halfway mark for the month ... I wonder if we'll get to 12 hours at the end of the month. 7 participants (including me :oops: ) still to get off the blocks. I am working on it though. :D

20 sections completed, more than one a day. :D
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

OK Cori, I'm in! It's a dog story for me too!
MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: April 16th, 2018, 5:18 pm
Carolin wrote: April 16th, 2018, 8:35 am we have an orphan!
Carolin,

For my April Adventure, may I read your orphan dog story? That will be a new genre for me.

MaryAnn
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

commonsparrow3 wrote: April 14th, 2018, 8:50 pmI had fun with my first sci-fi story, so decided to attempt another, a wacky little comedy called "We Didn't Do Anything Wrong, Hardly" by Roger Kuykendall -- (length 10:21). Awaiting PL.
This has now been marked PL OK!
Cori

Post by Cori »

Good to have you joining us, MaryAnn -- hope you have fun with it!

And ... Maria, I'm super-glad you're enjoying the sci-fi. Are you a short story reader usually, or is that a bit unusual for you too? I rarely read SF short stories, I'm all about the novels (in my reading life, anyway -- for LV I don't tend to do either now, no particular reason.)
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Btw. my section in Marion Harland's Complete Etiquette has been OKed (running time 16:02). I'll probably take on some more challenges, but I haven't decided yet what this/these will be.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

Cori wrote: April 18th, 2018, 11:18 amAnd ... Maria, I'm super-glad you're enjoying the sci-fi. Are you a short story reader usually, or is that a bit unusual for you too? I rarely read SF short stories, I'm all about the novels (in my reading life, anyway -- for LV I don't tend to do either now, no particular reason.)
I hadn't thought about it, but now that you mention it, I have not read very many short stories. My usual genre is non-fiction. My solos have all been full-length non-fiction, and when I read short works, they are usually also non-fiction. My few rare forays into short fiction have been in the annual LV Anniversary and Christmas collections. So yes, I suppose the mere fact that I'm reading fiction is unusual, even aside from it being sci-fi!
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

I read a lot of fiction, but I just finished recording my first ever ghost story, Marjory, in The Broken Shaft. More importantly for me, at 9000+ words, it is my longest single recording ever by at least a factor of 2. I recorded it in one go. With coughs and throat clearings and repeated phrases, the raw recording is an hour and a half. I'm still editing, but it looks like it will come out to be about 55 minutes.
Tom Penn
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I have just posted my first Ghost story over in Bart's collection. Total length: 11:35

It was a quite tame story, thankfully :wink: and fun to read.

Will I do it again? Not sure. Part of the problem is to find "good" stories in that genre, especially since I prefer not to do reruns. I'll probably stick to the non-fiction collection, unless I stumble on something really interesting (and creepy).
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I have completed Chapter 3 of Heroines of Fiction. Time was 26:43. Jim