COMPLETE [romance] Philomène's marriages by Henry Gréville -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Philomène's marriages by Henry Gréville (1842 - 1902)
Translated by Helen Stanley

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/philomenes-marriages-by-henry-greville/
'Philomène’s Marriages' is a story of French life, located in Normandy, and also in Paris, and is a translation from the French of a new work by the gifted and popular authoress, Henry Gréville, whose works have become so famous and popular, that they no longer require any elaborate introduction to the reading public. The heroine’s life in this charming story is one of every-day occurrences, made up of the never-ending round of country pleasures and duties, narrated in a most fascinating manner, amid scenes of French life in Normandy, and is an admirable picture of peasant country home-life, being a comedy of life, full of cleverness and wit, while the book is commendable for its high moral tone, as well as its interest, which is preserved throughout. ( the Publisher)
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/philomenesmarria00grev
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    7. DURING recording:
      No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      START of recording (Intro)
      • "Chapter [number] of Philomène's marriages. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
      • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • Say:
        "Philomène's marriages, by Henry Gréville, translated by Helen Stanley. [Chapter]"

END of recording
      • At the end of the section, say:
        "End of [Chapter]"
      • If you wish, say:
        "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
        "End of Philomène's marriages, by Henry Gréville, translated by Helen Stanley. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Need noise-cleaning?
      Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
      Save files as
      128 kbps MP3
      philomenesmarriages_##_greville_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. philomenesmarriages_01_greville_128kb.mp3)
    9. Example ID3 V2 tags (just leave those blank!)

Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
      Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: Carolin
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
      Any questions?
      Please post below
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

The previous book we did by Greville turned out super nice, so this is the follow up :) all readers and a dpl are most welcome!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Off we go to readers wanted :thumbs:
Carolin
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

I can DPL, Carolin.
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

Hi Carolin,

This book was on my list of future projects and I am wondering if I could claim it even if I can't begin for another 3 weeks or so...am working on The Fatal Three at the moment which is rather large. :-)

However if you would like to wait a bit to see if others would like to get on board first I'm fine with that. I can always do another one by Greville later.

Thanks!!!

Celine
Celine
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

Just realized that MrsHand might prefer a collaborative project? I would totally understand. :)
Celine
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you celine. Ill give you this project. Off we go to going solo.
Carolin
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

Thank you very much Carolin.

Since it's no longer a collaborative project I will probably group the short chapters in order to make the sections a bit longer and more consistent if that's OK with you. I'll update the MW as I go.

MrsHand.

I know you signed up as DPL for a collaborative project. I'll be very happy to have you as DPL but please feel free to change your mind given it's a solo now. Please let me know. ☺

Thanks.
Celine
Celine
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

MamaGeek wrote: May 25th, 2018, 5:45 am Thank you very much Carolin.

Since it's no longer a collaborative project I will probably group the short chapters in order to make the sections a bit longer and more consistent if that's OK with you. I'll update the MW as I go.

MrsHand.

I know you signed up as DPL for a collaborative project. I'll be very happy to have you as DPL but please feel free to change your mind given it's a solo now. Please let me know. ☺

Thanks.
Celine
I'm not picky about group vs solo DPL work. Solos actually work better with my personality since I can listen to the story in order, but I'll listen to anything!
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

That's great. Thank ypu
Celine
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

Good morning Kristin.

I've uploaded the first 3 sections. You will note that other than the preface I am grouping chapters within sections. I will try to keep them consistent...from 25-40 minutes each.
I should have a couple more on the weekend.
Of course I'll be happy to do any pickups you need. Enjoy and THANK YOU!

Celine
Celine
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

Hi Carolin,

Just want to let you know that now that I have reorganized the chapters I only need 14 sections. Unfortunately I don`t know how to remove 15-36...sorry.
Celine
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Section 0 is PL OK!
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Section 1 is PL OK!
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

Thank you Kristin.😀
Celine