Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

I'd like to claim Sir George Brodrick please.

Thnx!
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Welcome, Sir George.

Thanks, Todd
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

i did my best with the accent :roll:
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/notoriousmrsebbsmith_hephzibah_4_128kb.mp3 (1.35)
i think theres an error in the text with the second to last line, it shouldnt be hephzibah saying that and answering herself. i still included it though just to make sure.
Carolin
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Carolin wrote:i did my best with the accent :roll:
the accent is awesome !!!! :9: I have a faible for a northern English/Scots accent (even a good fake one, like yours). I loved the character you gave her. You should really be playing more often in our dramas :)
i think theres an error in the text with the second to last line, it shouldnt be hephzibah saying that and answering herself. i still included it though just to make sure.
you are right, I checked with the original at archive and it's Amos saying "With our savings !" once and Hephzibah replying "Thy savings !". So you can cut out the "our savings" quote.
checked here p. 170: https://archive.org/stream/notoriousmrsebbs00p#page/170/mode/2up
I'll make a note for Todd in the MW

The entire acting was perfect :thumbs: there's only one small note:

> could you please give us the complete character description for the voice credit: "Hephzibah, Lady's maid, read by Carolin"

thank you :)

Sonia
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Nemo

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

oooh what a snob ! :lol: You really stiffened your upper lip for this performance, Nemo. :thumbs: Very well done. And the accent sounds so british. Everything totally perfect and PL ok. Thanks for participating :9:

Sonia
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Kitty wrote: April 12th, 2018, 8:00 am
oooh what a snob ! :lol: You really stiffened your upper lip for this performance, Nemo. :thumbs: Very well done. And the accent sounds so british. Everything totally perfect and PL ok. Thanks for participating :9:

Sonia
Thanks Sonia! .... hope you "recovered" from your war poems! :shock:
Nemo

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

NemoR wrote: April 12th, 2018, 8:07 am Thanks Sonia! .... hope you "recovered" from your war poems! :shock:
the poems actually were quite beautiful, though very sad. But the length of the recording is really and experience I would not want to repeat any time soon.

Now to Mrs Ebbsmith. Beautiful acting, Eva. She sounds at the same time fiery in her convictions and sad/resigned when noticing that other people may not accept her lifestyle. I can already imagine how much she will be disappointed by Cleeve as the play progresses.

PL ok. Quite a feat, Eva, it's a difficult role to nail, but you did it. :thumbs:

Sonia
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Thank you so much Sonia -- it's such a pleasure to read her, she's one of the most beautifully written characters I've ever seen on LV (and before that I wasn't paying attention ;)

Nemo has been sacrificing hours upon hours to help me get to know the lines and even read them "live,"; he's been a wonderful Duke of O, Lucas, and especially, Gertrude. ;)

I think Agnes may find herself disappointed in herself above all, but the problem they both seem to have is they're still young enough to think they can bridge the space between them by changing the other person.

Agnes shoots for her bolshevek paradise where she and Lucas march together in uniform against the world ... but in the end, she finds she'll settle for living a kept woman a stone's throw away from Mr. and Mrs. Cleeve, where he'll retreat to in his spare minutes, that's how much she wants him. (in the helpless, common way of women.)

Or, as the marvelous Duke says: "it is, strangely enough, you who have failed in your estimate of Mr. Lucas Cleeve."
Eva D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

bluechien wrote: April 12th, 2018, 10:01 amNemo has been sacrificing hours upon hours to help me get to know the lines and even read them "live,"; he's been a wonderful Duke of O, Lucas, and especially, Gertrude. ;)
oh yes ! practicing this live is really helpful to get into character. You're lucky you can work on your hobby together. :9:

Nemo should have claimed Gertrude if he's so good at it :mrgreen:

Sonia
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

I look forward greatly to TJ's Gertrude, despite Nemo's aptitude. :)

Act II:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/notoriousmrsebbsmith_agnesebbsmith_2_128kb.mp3
21:28

after this, Mrs. Ebbsmith will probably take a short rest, as she smokes a thin cigarette against her doctor's orders.
Eva D