COMPLETE My Friend Annabel Lee by Mary MacLane -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

hiya, hows it going with this project? :)
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

hi daryl, any news? hows your throat? :)
Carolin
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

I just want to let everyone know that I will be leaving next week Friday, 8/4/17 and will not return home until Tuesday, 8/15/17. During this time I will not be able to PL, and will most likely not be in the forums...much. But I will catch up upon return! I am taking the family to Jellystone Campground. Thank you all!
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Hiya, i saw that you have a new solo in the launch pad, but what about this one?
Carolin
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

Carolin wrote: March 23rd, 2018, 9:49 am Hiya, i saw that you have a new solo in the launch pad, but what about this one?
Hi Carolin,

I know I still had this on the back burner. I could never seem to get the volume high enough to be satisfactory for new chapters. I still have non-uploaded chapters for this one but they probably will need to be done over again.

I just got some new equipment. (The old equipment had to be patched up but that is more applicable to my personal projects now to maintain distortion troubles.)

With this new equipment I wanted to go back to LV work. I wanted to get a new book going. I finally got the adapter set up and it's all sounding good on my end. I knew I could do two books as I'd done that before so I decided to get a fresh start and return to this one when I picked up the swing of the vocalizations I was doing for the characters.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Ok good to hear. I had been planning to mark this project abandoned if you hadnt replied today.

It might be a good idea to get this project going again before launching a new solo though.
Carolin
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

Thanks! Just saw both were back up. I'm usually better with two going at once so if one is falling down I can cheer myself up with the other. Looking forward to (re)starting this week! :D
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

I've got the 12th chapter re-uploaded. I did what I could with the volume levels and possible distortion:

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/myfriendannabellee_12_maclane.mp3

Same time index as before.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Hi daryl, well done. Please update the pl status in the magic window so that anthony can see what needs doing. Thanks!
Carolin
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

Sure. And I've got the 13th one in https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/myfriendannabellee_13_maclane.mp3 time index 14:50

Ye olde college try seems to be working. Hopefully I can sort out more kinks in future. (Started reading chapter 14 today on the new equipment. It's a fun one.)
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

Here is the fun chapter 14 duration of 14:35

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/myfriendannabellee_14_maclane.mp3

They play around with old proverbs and mix them up wonderfully.
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Hiya D. Glad to have you back. You have been missed. I really enjoy listening to you do this work again. There is still something that must be adjusted on the volume however. They are still clocking in low. Section 12 is at 85.4dB and section 13 is at 81.2dB. Please raise these up to 86-92dB, with 90dB optimal. Thanks so much! Great readings as always.
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

afutterer wrote: April 17th, 2018, 8:35 am Hiya D. Glad to have you back. You have been missed. I really enjoy listening to you do this work again. There is still something that must be adjusted on the volume however. They are still clocking in low. Section 12 is at 85.4dB and section 13 is at 81.2dB. Please raise these up to 86-92dB, with 90dB optimal. Thanks so much! Great readings as always.
Oh, bless you for saying so. I needed to hear some kind of appreciation today. I missed y'all too! This is a far preferable past time and work than, well, than getting caught up in popularity contests.

So I loaded the previous two chapters back to the new equipment. Hopefully it will be an easier fix this way. I'm not sure how to check decibel levels on a file as a whole. Any tips for that?

Also uploaded chapter 15 with the duration of 10:44, https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/myfriendannabellee_15_maclane.mp3

Just to be on the safe side I read for 16, but didn't edit. Now I have the new next step of altering 12 & 13. (At least something is being accomplished this week.)

Good practice to slow down and take a task one step at a time.
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

Alterations on chapters 12 & 13 uploaded.
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Morlock wrote: May 3rd, 2018, 7:10 pm
afutterer wrote: April 17th, 2018, 8:35 am Hiya D. Glad to have you back. You have been missed. I really enjoy listening to you do this work again. There is still something that must be adjusted on the volume however. They are still clocking in low. Section 12 is at 85.4dB and section 13 is at 81.2dB. Please raise these up to 86-92dB, with 90dB optimal. Thanks so much! Great readings as always.
Oh, bless you for saying so. I needed to hear some kind of appreciation today. I missed y'all too! This is a far preferable past time and work than, well, than getting caught up in popularity contests.

So I loaded the previous two chapters back to the new equipment. Hopefully it will be an easier fix this way. I'm not sure how to check decibel levels on a file as a whole. Any tips for that?

Also uploaded chapter 15 with the duration of 10:44, https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/myfriendannabellee_15_maclane.mp3

Just to be on the safe side I read for 16, but didn't edit. Now I have the new next step of altering 12 & 13. (At least something is being accomplished this week.)

Good practice to slow down and take a task one step at a time.
Sorry, I did not see this earlier...

I use the Librivox Checker tool downloadable here;
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Checker
Anthony