Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
2peltons

Post by 2peltons »

May I read essay 8?

Mike
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Mike,
how are you? How wonderful to see you here. I actualy knew you would like this. Sure, essay 8 is all yours. Have fun,
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
2peltons

Post by 2peltons »

Thank you, you sure make me feel welcome.
Here is chapter 08 with a time of 30:52.
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/lifeinthesickroom_08_martineau_128kb.mp3

Mike
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks a lot, Mike. I hope you enjoyed this book. Would you like to take the three remaining essays?
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

I see that our dpl did not log in. I think I should find a new one. I cannot pm them because they have less than 4 posts...
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I was able to pm the dpl as admin, but since they haven't logged in, I would say that you can go ahead and advertise for a new one.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Stav,

Here is the introduction and essay 1.

21.55 - https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/lifeinthesickroom_01_martineau_128kb.mp3

MaryAnn
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks a lot, Mary Anne. Hope you enjoyed it.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I had a listen and sections 1, 4, 5 and 8 are PL OK!

I have to say all the voices, of Mary Ann, LT, Devorah, Mike, were very pleasant and soothing to listen to on the subject!
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thanks Rapunzelina. I'm looking forward to listening once this project is complete.
MaryAnn
adrien

Post by adrien »

Hi, I would love to read section 9 unless it's already been claimed. Thanks!
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thank you all. Adrian, sure, section 9 is all yours. Have fun.
calalilyuf

Post by calalilyuf »

I've got a long way to go on Essay 6 so I thought I'd hand in the much shorter section 7 first. https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/lifeinthesickroom_07_martineau_128kb.mp3
The length is 14:54. Thank you for indulging my selfishness on taking longer to do it in the English accent... I will never EVER try to learn an accent this way again because although it did push me to get a lot farther faster than trying to learn it without a deadline, I found out the hard way that unless you master the accent, you can't stay in character for more than a paragraph no matter how well you think you're doing, which makes for humiliating recordings which will never see the light of day (My first full recording came out mostly Aussie/American more than English which, considering I can't purposefully do an Australian accent, made for an interesting discovery). It made the whole thing fun, frustrating, and disastrous for my timeline. I had a horrible tendency to miss or add words (more than I usually do), even on the retakes which made for awesome practice but I've listened to it so many times I'm not sure I got them all. I tried my best to make it error free but please don't hesitate to point out any errors. I re-recorded about five mistakes today which I caught on my final proofing so fixing anything shouldn't take more than a day... unless my accent is horribly distracting and I need to do it in my regular voice... hopefully not. :cry: :)
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks a lot. Sounds like a great experience and a wonderful learning process. Bravo.
Sonichamy

Post by Sonichamy »

miss stav wrote: April 2nd, 2018, 9:29 am Thank you so much. How long is section 4? Would you like to continue with section 2 (or any other section from this book)?
I'm so sorry! Somehow I never saw this message from you. Section 4 is 48:28

I'm not ready to commit to another section just yet, but I will let you know soon! Thank you.