[Complete] Celebrated Women Travelers of the Nineteenth Century by W.H.Davenport Adams - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
jenno
Posts: 828
Joined: August 27th, 2012, 2:52 pm
Location: Chichester NSW Australia

Post by jenno » April 4th, 2018, 11:59 pm

Here is section 14

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/womentravellers_14_adams_128kb.mp3

duration 35.55

I have not put in the footnotes- do not think they add any useful information and spoil the flow of the narrative which I found difficult enough to sustain without interruptions !

Cheers


Jennifer

jenno
Posts: 828
Joined: August 27th, 2012, 2:52 pm
Location: Chichester NSW Australia

Post by jenno » April 5th, 2018, 1:43 am

Section 15

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/womentravellers_15_adams_128kb.mp3

duration 35.55

Hope all is well with it. I still have trouble getting the volume level right !

Cheers


Jennifer

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18716
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » April 5th, 2018, 7:03 am

jenno wrote:
April 4th, 2018, 11:59 pm
Here is section 14

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/womentravellers_14_adams_128kb.mp3

duration 35.55

I have not put in the footnotes- do not think they add any useful information and spoil the flow of the narrative which I found difficult enough to sustain without interruptions !

Cheers


Jennifer
Thank you

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18716
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » April 5th, 2018, 7:07 am

jenno wrote:
April 5th, 2018, 1:43 am
Section 15

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/womentravellers_15_adams_128kb.mp3

duration 35.55

Hope all is well with it. I still have trouble getting the volume level right !

Cheers


Jennifer
Thanks.
Have you used Checker? It's free and a very handy tool:

https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18716
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » April 5th, 2018, 3:00 pm

Chapter 25 : PL OK
Great reading.

jenno
Posts: 828
Joined: August 27th, 2012, 2:52 pm
Location: Chichester NSW Australia

Post by jenno » April 5th, 2018, 3:53 pm

Thank you. I used to have Checker and forgot to reload it when I changed computers. It is now there and will get plenty of use !


Jennifer

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18716
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » April 5th, 2018, 4:14 pm

Section 14.

PL OK although it needs amplification by about 4dB.

Section 15.

PL OK although it needs amplification by about 5dB.

jenno
Posts: 828
Joined: August 27th, 2012, 2:52 pm
Location: Chichester NSW Australia

Post by jenno » April 5th, 2018, 6:12 pm

Dear Lynnet

I have just checked sections 14 and 15 with Checker and needed to adjust volume levels.

They are now within the correct volume levels.

Would you like me to re-upload both to you ??


Jennifer

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18716
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » April 5th, 2018, 6:15 pm

jenno wrote:
April 5th, 2018, 6:12 pm
Dear Lynnet

I have just checked sections 14 and 15 with Checker and needed to adjust volume levels.

They are now within the correct volume levels.

Would you like me to re-upload both to you ??


Jennifer
Yes, please. Use the same file name 8-)

jenno
Posts: 828
Joined: August 27th, 2012, 2:52 pm
Location: Chichester NSW Australia

Post by jenno » April 5th, 2018, 7:04 pm

Here are sections 14 and 15 with revised volume levels.


https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/womentravellers_14_adams_128kb.mp3 33.68 KB
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/womentravellers_15_adams_128kb.mp3

Durations unchanged


Cheers


Jennifer

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18716
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » April 5th, 2018, 7:10 pm

jenno wrote:
April 5th, 2018, 7:04 pm
Here are sections 14 and 15 with revised volume levels.


https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/womentravellers_14_adams_128kb.mp3 33.68 KB
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/womentravellers_15_adams_128kb.mp3

Durations unchanged


Cheers


Jennifer
Both are now PL OK :thumbs:

ADKreader1122
Posts: 297
Joined: January 9th, 2018, 10:48 am

Post by ADKreader1122 » April 13th, 2018, 2:09 pm

Hi--Here is the link to section 20-Harriet Martineau for PL. Length is 23:02 min. I love the description of the harem! Hope it is good to go. Thanks, Lora

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/womentravellers_020_adams_128kb.mp3

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18716
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » April 13th, 2018, 2:33 pm

ADKreader1122 wrote:
April 13th, 2018, 2:09 pm
Hi--Here is the link to section 20-Harriet Martineau for PL. Length is 23:02 min. I love the description of the harem! Hope it is good to go. Thanks, Lora

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/womentravellers_020_adams_128kb.mp3
Thank you. I'll try to listen later today.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18716
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » April 14th, 2018, 7:59 am

PL notes 20:
Nice reading, Lora. Those eyebrows :shock:

There is a repeated passage at 17:44 and again 19:40
"With these specimens we must be content, .... also, "England and her Soldiers;" "Health, Handicraft, and Husbandry;" and "Household Education."

ADKreader1122
Posts: 297
Joined: January 9th, 2018, 10:48 am

Post by ADKreader1122 » April 14th, 2018, 12:47 pm

Thanks for your note--new link for section 20 below and revised length of 21:05 min. This should be just right I hope. Lora


https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/womentravellers_020_adams_128kb.mp3

Post Reply