COMPLETE[PLAY] The Dream by Joanna Baillie - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

DrPGould wrote: April 3rd, 2018, 11:01 am Chuck:

May I claim the Peasant in Act I (Section 25)
the Lay Brother in Act 2 (Section 26)
the first Gentleman in Act 3 (Section 33)

It will likely take me a little longer than my usual pacing to finish these...but I should still get them in in the 60 day window.

Many thanks

Philip
That would be great, Philip! Thank you so much. :-)

And please... no rush. We've obviously got plenty of roles to fill before we start talking about deadlines and such.
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

let me make a start here...here is Leonora Act 2, a woman with a star-crossed lover's history. Very tragic. I made her very dignified and composed at the beginning, but only to show how much she is affected be the fate of Osterloo later on, when she takes charge to help.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_leonora_2_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 5:11 min.

Try as I might, I could not find any lines for her in Act 1. Are you sure she is present in that act ? :hmm: If so, can you tell me what scene you found her in ?

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

May I play Paul please?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: April 6th, 2018, 9:47 am May I play Paul please?
Chuck seems not to be around right now, so I'll sign you up, TJ. Good to have you on board !

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: April 7th, 2018, 1:07 am
Chuck seems not to be around right now, so I'll sign you up, TJ. Good to have you on board !

Sonia
Thanks, Sonia! Always a pleasure!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and here I finished Leonora, for your scrutiny, Chuck. Quite a tragic and tearful ending. :(

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_leonora_3_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 4:23 min.

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Kitty wrote: April 7th, 2018, 2:07 am and here I finished Leonora, for your scrutiny, Chuck. Quite a tragic and tearful ending. :(

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_leonora_3_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 4:23 min.

Sonia
Yes, definitely not a happy outcome for anyone in this play. I might have to follow this up with another comedy. :-(

Thanks again, Sonia. I'm at the grocery store right now, but will PL these when I get a chance.
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

benderca wrote: April 7th, 2018, 2:03 am

Sonia
Thanks TJ! Happy to have you aboard! :-)

I'll probably wind up taking either Jerome or the stage directions... whichever goes first...
PROJECTS
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Chuck:

Here are the links for the peasant in Act 1; the lay brother in Act 2; and the first gentleman in act 3.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_peasant_1_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_laybrother_2_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_firstgentleman_3_128kb.mp3

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
benderca

Post by benderca »

ChuckW wrote: April 7th, 2018, 10:50 am
benderca wrote: April 7th, 2018, 2:03 am

Sonia
Thanks TJ! Happy to have you aboard! :-)

I'll probably wind up taking either Jerome or the stage directions... whichever goes first...
Thanks Chuck! Both Jerome and the stage directions will be hefty endeavors! That's why I like Paul, he just seems to echo Jerome every once and a while... :lol:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

DrPGould wrote: April 7th, 2018, 12:52 pm Here are the links for the peasant in Act 1; the lay brother in Act 2; and the first gentleman in act 3.
thank you, Philip, for these three :) it was a bit of a hassle searching for the lines LOL but I think I found them all. Everything correct and PL ok. Nicely read. I especially like the very dead-pan peasant, juts going about his duty, whatever it may be.

Sonia
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Thanks, Sonia for your PL, delightful as always, and thanks to Chuck for letting me play here.

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

4 excellent performances, Leanne :clap: I especially love the sexton with his almost lustily morbid excitement over his job in the crypt LOL Also the Ambassador is well portrayed in his fierce authority. :thumbs:

The Woman and the Peasant are PL ok immediately.

one PL note for the Sexton:

> at 0:53: (p. 126) "who are mighty apt to take a cholic or shortness of breath" - I think you say "chalice" instead of "cholic" which doesn'treally make sense here in context

and a minor point for the Ambassador:

> at 0:22: (p. 167) before "I take under my protection", you leave no pause to insert the stage directions, but I think in this case we could also well insert them right before this sentence, so I don't think this needs changing, unless Chuck prefers to put it in the middle :hmm:

> at 2:18: (p. 171) "till a worthier man (pointing to Benedict) shall possess this power which you have so greatly abused" - here I think we need to leave a pause though for the stage directions

The Sexton and the 3rd Peasant are a bit below our required volume, but I can make a note for Chuck to adjust later.

thanks

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

PROJECTS