COMPLETE[PLAY] Cupid's Whirligig (1607) by Edward Sharpham - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

RobBoard wrote: March 9th, 2018, 5:02 pmAnd, Kitty: here is Act 3 for PL https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cupidswhirligig_3_128kb.mp3
wow, sounds great ! :thumbs: well done, all ! Really enjoyed listening to this just now.

Rob, I only found one small thing to cut out:

> at 14:24: "to catch my love napping as Morse catch'd his mare" - this sentence is repeated, can be cut out once

> also the 10 seconds of silence at the end...do you know that a few months ago, it was agreed that 5 seconds is enough, for any length of section ? This is optional, of course, if you prefer 10, but it's not a requirement anymore.

I can't remember whether Acts 1 and 2 had that or even were over 30 minutes :hmm: Well, I just wanted to mention it.

Great editing job :thumbs:

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Hey Sonia,

Here is act 3 for spot PL https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cupidswhirligig_3_128kb.mp3

Sorry it took a while, I wanted to go through and remove all the clicks and pops.
Rob Marland reader section | website
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

RobBoard wrote: March 31st, 2018, 1:45 pm Here is act 3 for spot PL https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cupidswhirligig_3_128kb.mp3
will be on it tomorrow at the latest 8-)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

RobBoard wrote: March 31st, 2018, 1:45 pm Sorry it took a while, I wanted to go through and remove all the clicks and pops.
wait ! does this mean you fiddled all over the place again ? That means I need to check it all from scratch, so you didn't cut out any important bits by accident ? Just so I know

Sonia
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Not to worry, that won't be necessary - I put the file into Audition's spectral view when I do that, meaning I only snip out selected frequencies, not any duration of the file. It's the only way I know of to get rid of tongue-clicks that occur during an utterance.

Btw, if you have already downloaded the file, please do so again. I just noticed I had accidentally attempted to upload the original .wav rather than the .mp3, so of course it failed.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

RobBoard wrote: March 31st, 2018, 2:10 pm Not to worry, that won't be necessary - I put the file into Audition's spectral view when I do that, meaning I only snip out selected frequencies, not any duration of the file.
all right, if you are sure... well then I only did a Spot PL and the repeated sentence has well been cut out (as well as the trimming of the end silence)

So it's PL ok :)

Happy Easter !

Sonia
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

and act 5 (with the missing lines from act 2 also)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cupidswhirligig_knight_5.mp3
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wo-hooo, Jason, you were the most expected reader in this project. :9: I'm glad you had time to finish the role.

So, Rob, as soon as the Acts are assembled, I'm ready for PL :)

Sonia
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

jasonb wrote: May 31st, 2018, 10:05 pm and act 5 (with the missing lines from act 2 also)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cupidswhirligig_knight_5.mp3
Thanks, Jason!
Acts 4 and 5 are PL OK.

Sonia: I am pretty busy with work until the last week of this month and my days off are already accounted for, so I will edit the last two acts and do the other necessary edits then. :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

RobBoard wrote: June 4th, 2018, 9:38 am Sonia: I am pretty busy with work until the last week of this month and my days off are already accounted for, so I will edit the last two acts and do the other necessary edits then. :thumbs:
fine with me, I'll be here :)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I'm moving and may not have good enough internet connections to get to the MW and do cataloging until mid-July. Maybe. We'll see. If things are ready to go and I can't do it, I'll get someone else to jump in and help.

Thanks, Todd
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

ToddHW wrote: June 6th, 2018, 4:25 am I'm moving and may not have good enough internet connections to get to the MW and do cataloging until mid-July. Maybe. We'll see. If things are ready to go and I can't do it, I'll get someone else to jump in and help.

Thanks, Todd
I am back and ready to help when this is complete.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

RobBoard wrote: July 27th, 2018, 8:23 amHere's act 4 for PL https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cupidswhirligig_4_128kb.mp3
ah finally one more act is ready :9: you catch me right before I am leaving for a holiday trip, Rob ! This act is really funny, especially the scene where the Captain and Exhibition both try to seduce the Lady and then tremble before her husband :lol: Everybody is acting out wonderfully here throughout the act.

Only a couple of notes here:

> from 10:00 till-12:31: Alan's complete speech has many quite unusually lengthy pauses, if you'd like to listen to those two and a half minutes once again you will see what I mean. I would at least cut the following three shorter, but cutting some more wouldn't hurt either, it sounds dragged out a bit too long. But I let you decide that:
> at 10:56-10:58 - "...unless it breaks. O whilst he lived... "
> at 11:08-11:10 - "...enrich my ring of life; for life is but a ring..."
> at 12:19-12:21 - "...when life is spent; grief hath no bounds..."

> at 31:28: "What, have you never a pair of virginals in the house Lady ?" - I know it says "Knight" here but the knight is nowhere near in this scene, whereas it's Master Exhibition that wants to play music in this dialogue. I'm sure this must be a typo. It makes no sense that the knight would speak here. Don't you think it would be best if we let Todd record this sentence ? :hmm:

The rest is totally well pasted together !!!

Sonia