COMPLETE[GROUP]The Pirate Woman by Captain Dingle - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ah finally a new chapter from the pirate queen :9: Thank you, James, this was entertainingly narrated, I felt totally in the thick of the action here. :thumbs: Dolores really has nerves of steel. :shock:

No errors found at all, this can be marked PL ok immediately. Great job !

Sonia
Eduard Rochester

Post by Eduard Rochester »

Thank you for the kind words. I enjoyed reading this story, and of course the powerful woman in a manly profession is always compelling. I'm going to sign up to read Sections 21 and 22 if I can.
Sir Eduard Rochester
Southern Desert Wind Collective
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Eduard Rochester wrote: March 26th, 2018, 5:33 pm Thank you for the kind words. I enjoyed reading this story, and of course the powerful woman in a manly profession is always compelling. I'm going to sign up to read Sections 21 and 22 if I can.
Thank you.

Todd
Eduard Rochester

Sir Eduard Rochester
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ah I'm being spoiled, yet another great chapter. I am not so sure that Dolores made a wise decision to show Pearse her cave. :hmm: He may be cunning and try to get to the treasure by feigning love for her. Or am I being too cynical here ? Well, I haven't read the previous chapters yet, so I don't really know his character.

I am curious how all this will end. Excellently PL ok, yet again, James. Thank you :)

Sonia
Eduard Rochester

Sir Eduard Rochester
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and another great PL ok section, thank you, James. As I thought, the three men are blinded by their lust for gold. Actually Dolores made quite a devilish scheme here to bring the three friends up against each other. She is not an altogether nice person, I'd say :mrgreen:

The fighting scene was quite breath-taking ! Well narrated. Thanks !

Sonia
Eduard Rochester

Sir Eduard Rochester
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Ealswythe

Post by Ealswythe »

Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

woah, Dolores is really a nasty woman in this chapter, the way she treats a dying man. :shock: And out-swimming a ship was a bit stretching the credibility, I think ;)

excellent chapter, yet again. Totally PL ok. Thanks :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Ealswythe wrote: March 30th, 2018, 9:14 am Chapter 13:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/piratewoman_13_dingle_128kb.mp3 16:58
:D
great reading, Linda, I really enjoyed this chapter, although I did not really understand all the ship-vocabulary. I am sure Todd (since he must know the lingo) will appreciate and understand much more what exactly was going on there :lol:

No textual errors at all, but I think we don't need the "to be continued..." announcement at 16:13. But before you cut out anything, let's wait for Todd to give his opinion. :hmm: I will mark it with PL notes for the time being, so that I won't forget.

Thanks

Sonia
Ealswythe

Post by Ealswythe »

Hi Sonia,
Let’s leave it up to Todd about whether he does want that “To be continued next week” section. But I do think it adds to the overall feel of the story within the context of how stories were prinited in magazines back then, plus, the way they would have been presented as a radio story. They definitely would have had the “continued next week” part. I did, in fact, read the whole thing as it would have been performed on a weekly radio show of the time.
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Ealswythe wrote: March 30th, 2018, 12:19 pm Hi Sonia,
Let’s leave it up to Todd about whether he does want that “To be continued next week” section. But I do think it adds to the overall feel of the story within the context of how stories were prinited in magazines back then, plus, the way they would have been presented as a radio story. They definitely would have had the “continued next week” part. I did, in fact, read the whole thing as it would have been performed on a weekly radio show of the time.
Sure. That would be good to have in here, so please leave it.

Don't always need it - so if someone leaves it out they don't need to add it. (It only occurs every 3-4 stories or so.)

Thanks, Todd