[COMPLETE]SOLO [PORTUGUESE] O Mulato, by Aluísio Azevedo - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Kitty wrote: March 28th, 2018, 2:36 am Chapter 16 is also word perfect, no problems there. I pitied poor Anna Rosa here

Only issue is the volume once again:

> this time the volume is not loud enough, only 84.8 dB. Could you please amplify with 4 dB to get inside the norm ? Are you never using Checker or ReplayGain to check your volume ? I think I already sent you the link to those tools.
Hi, Sonia!!!!! you said I'm fast but you are too :lol: :lol: :lol: Thank you very very much for being in charge with the usual affection of yours, and for calling more dear friends to help us over here. I feel extra happy now!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
First of all, I amplified the volume of chapter 16, as you asked me to do it.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/mulato_16_azevedo_128kb.mp3

And yes, you are right: you sent me ages ago the link to Replay Gain and Checker, and guess! I lost them! :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I need a hole in the ground for me to hide my face. Shame on me! :cry: I never did it because I didn't understand how to do it at the time, and eager to advance in my recordings, I ended up forgetting to pay a close attention later on. I'm so sorry... I will try to do it.

Before that, I'll correct the following chapter, number 17, and then I'll look for some "light" to learn how to deal with those new tools for the volume issue.

A big big big hug,

Adriana
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

last one for today and then I need a break.

Chapter 12:

> at 18:25: (p. 328) “Quando levantou a cabeça” – you say “mão” which is a change of meaning here

> volume only 85.3 dB, please amplify by 4 dB

Will try to do more tomorrow. We're getting close to the finish.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ah I see you are online :)
you said I'm fast but you are too :lol: :lol: :lol: Thank you very very much for being in charge with the usual affection of yours, and for calling more dear friends to help us over here.
yes I was getting a bit stressed by the backlog, so I took some time to bulk-listen. But now I need a break, I fear my concentration is getting less now. :help: I don't want to make mistakes

I'm also happy that Brianna and Mayah want to help me a bit. :9:
First of all, I amplified the volume of chapter 16, as you asked me to do it.
ok I check that tomorrow. Can you please mark it "Ready for Spot PL" in the MW ? Not "Ready for PL" because I don't have to do an entire PL anymore, only a Spot PL. I hope you have not changed anything else there :shock:
And yes, you are right: you sent me ages ago the link to Replay Gain and Checker, and guess! I lost them! :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I need a hole in the ground for me to hide my face. Shame on me! :cry: I never did it because I didn't understand how to do it at the time, and eager to advance in my recordings, I ended up forgetting to pay a close attention later on. I'm so sorry... I will try to do it.
yes it is really helpful to check the volume BEFORE uploading. So many sections could have been PL ok, if it wasn't for the volume

here are the links once more:

> Replay Gain plugin for Audacity: - http://forum.audacityteam.org/download/file.php?id=4668

1. Save the file to your computer - your desktop or somewhere where you can easily find it.
2. Now browse to the folder in which Audacity is installed. It's probably in C:\Program Files\Audacity) and then open the Plug-Ins folder.
3. Drag the file you saved into the Plug-Ins folder.
4. When next you start up Audacity, you will be able to select the whole recording (Ctrl+A on Windows), then go to Analyze | ReplayGain, and it'll tell you how much to amplify your file to get to about 89 dB.

> Checker: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Checker

see you tomorrow

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Kitty wrote: March 28th, 2018, 6:43 am ok I check that tomorrow. Can you please mark it "Ready for Spot PL" in the MW ? Not "Ready for PL" because I don't have to do an entire PL anymore, only a Spot PL. I hope you have not changed anything else there
Hahahaha No, Sonia, I did not change anything else. Don't worry! That would be really stressing. I promised not to do it again, and I did it in the past because I didn't know how devastating it could be. Sorry about that again! I thank you once more as well for reposting the links. I'll carefully study them later. (Ah, I changed the notification for Spot PL already).

Take your deserved rest,

A warm hug,

Adriana
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Kitty wrote: March 28th, 2018, 6:43 am I'm also happy that Brianna and Mayah want to help me a bit.
Me too! :D :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :9: :thumbs:
brianna

Post by brianna »

Adriana,

Just finished chapter 4.
Congrats on your Reading. The only minor thing I noticied is at 1.045 when you say carôços instead of coróços the plural form.

PL Ok, but I do not learn how to write it on the MB. :oops:

Keep on the nice Reading.

Brianna
Men work together,whether they work together or apart. (R.Frost)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

brianna wrote: March 28th, 2018, 10:11 am PL Ok, but I do not learn how to write it on the MB. :oops:
thank you Brianna :9: you don't have to mark it in the MW, I can do that (or Adriana). Only the MC, BC and DPL have access to the MW, so you cannot enter it at this point.

I'll mark it now

Sonia
brianna

Post by brianna »

My friends,

Adriana should work as a reporter ! what a voice!!! I can even hear the background sound ¨read by Adriana Sacciotto¨tchãn tchãn.....

In my opinion this chapter is a littlle lower than the previous one, perhaps increase the volume just a tiny bit?

PL OK for chapter 5

Brianna
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you Brianna, that was fast :9:
brianna wrote: March 28th, 2018, 11:29 am In my opinion this chapter is a littlle lower than the previous one, perhaps increase the volume just a tiny bit?
PL OK for chapter 5
if the volume is inside our limit, then I mark it PL ok and there is no need to increase. But thank you for noting it.

I change the MW.

And if you have time for more, just tell me. Maybe we can finish it this week.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sacciotto wrote: March 28th, 2018, 6:31 am First of all, I amplified the volume of chapter 16, as you asked me to do it.
well, Adriana, I just re-checked with Checker, and Chapter 16 is now PL ok. :thumbs:

I also managed to finish Chapter 11, which again has no errors, but a volume issue:

> volume only 82.1 dB – please amplify by 7 dB

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

continuing a bit....Chapter 10 has no errors, but the volume is again much too low. In some parts I really had to crank it up to hear you clearly ;)

> volume only 82.5 dB - please amplify by 7 dB

thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

one more...Chapter 9 also perfect except for volume:

> volume only 84.6 dB – please amplify by 5 dB

thank you

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Chapter 8:

ah this time you had a lot of Latin and even some Greek to read. It sounded really good :thumbs: Also the short songs all throughout the book make it quite lively :9:

Two PL notes this time:

> volume only 85.9 dB – please amplify by 3 dB

> at 24:41: (p. 215) “Não me leve p’r’os quarté!” is repeated and can be cut out once

thanks

So I have a bit of time still, I'll do chapter 7 next.

I wanted to ask you once again, did you do the corrections for Chapters 2 and 3 that I mentioned in my PL notes ? I think Chapter 3 you have corrected but not Chapter 2 ? :hmm: I remember you also deleted some long pauses, so I need to check them all again. But I wanted to make sure your corrections are already in before I listen to them one more time. Please let me know as soon as possible. You have not correctly updated the MW with the "Spot PL" mention, that's why I am unsure what you did and didn't do. :?

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and Chapter 7 is immediately PL ok. :clap: The volume is correct this time !

Sonia
brianna

Post by brianna »

hello my friends,

Any other chapter you want me to help?

Brianna