Greetings from Sunny California!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
dmcginity

Post by dmcginity »

Hello there! I'm new to the forum and to book narration. I am so glad I found out about LibriVox - this is something I've always wanted to do. I plan to do my 1 minute recording this week and I look forward to working with everyone. Have a great day!
msfry

Post by msfry »

Great and welcome aboard. Post your 1-minute test on the Listeners Wanted forum and a volunteer or two will come along to check your tech specs and offer advice. Once you get the OK from an Admin, look through the Readers Wanted forums for some short pieces to claim (10 minutes or less) and hone your recording and editing skills with feedback from our dedicated proof listeners. Meanwhile, it helps to familiarize yourself with our forums (reachable by clicking on the LV in upper left corner of any forum page, or Board Index in the menu bar), and check out the Librivox wikis, which include LV procedures plus tons of volunteer tips. The video tutorials are most helpful.

You are welcome to peruse my project, The American Book Of The Dog, which still has some sections between 8 and 12 pages, perfect for newbies to cut their teeth on. Here's the link: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=64410&p=1331767#p1331767

Pretty much everything you need to participate is spelled out by the Book Coordinator (BC) in the First Post on every project -- what to say for your Intro and Outro, what text to read from, what to name your file, where to upload it, how to handle footnotes, pronounce key words, and such forth. The rest is up to you.

Welcome, and I hope to see you around the LV playground.