COMPLETE[PLAYS]One Act Play Collection 011-thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
benderca

Post by benderca »

WiltedScribe wrote: March 25th, 2018, 4:50 pm I'd like to offer this play, which has many plum parts for our female thespians here:
Title: The Far-Away Princess
Hi Tomas!
May I play Frau Lindemann please?
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

benderca wrote: March 26th, 2018, 12:09 pm May I play Frau Lindemann please?
Yes, you may, TJ. :) Only the BC can set up the MW and input claims, though, so it won't show up until she does so.
Tomas Peter
benderca

Post by benderca »

WiltedScribe wrote: March 26th, 2018, 1:22 pm
benderca wrote: March 26th, 2018, 12:09 pm May I play Frau Lindemann please?
Yes, you may, TJ. :) Only the BC can set up the MW and input claims, though, so it won't show up until she does so.
Okey dokey. I just read the play -- this is such a cute story!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

so let me start with the one-act-plays now...Alan, your Jeannot is quite the typical bumbling Molière-valet :thumbs: excellently played. You only missed one quote right at the beginning:

> at about 0:11: missing line: It is Mr. Thibaudier, Ma'am, who wishes you good morning, and, before he comes, sends you some pears out of his garden, with this small note.

the rest totally ok

thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: March 25th, 2018, 5:24 pmHere are the Viscount and The Master.
wow, you picked really good roles here, Todd. Your viscount is soooo dramatic when he recites his poem :mrgreen: I loved the way you over-did the feelings there. :thumbs: Also the rest of the role is totally PL ok.

As for the Master ! I love the rollercoaster of emotions in this play. You seem to constantly switch between bafflement, resignation, anger or cynicism. Wonderful. While I noticed that I will drift more and more into hysteria....I will prepare myself for a very rough recording session soon. This play is quite hard to swallow for my sensibility. :|

I did enjoy your performance though. I think all assembled together, this will be quite a riot.

And I bet you knew I would mention this tiny detail: you’re calling me Pussy ! :lol: how could you say that without laughing ? :lol:

I did find two missing lines though. The layout it quite challenging, so I hope I didn't miss any others. :?

> at about 8:16: missing lines p. 22 bottom: “Forgive me for reminding you, Mrs Hatchett

> at 9:27: you repeat “Worrington” after I prompt you to say “Worringham”, but this is optional. I think we can even let that stand, as it seems to be a running gag that the master constantly mis-names everybody LOL I especially loved his names for Gale :lol:

> at about 9:46: missing line p. 25 middle: “Don’t lose your dignity

thanks for the great performance. I try to live up to this with my role.

Sonia
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

WiltedScribe wrote: March 25th, 2018, 4:50 pm I'd like to offer this play, which has many plum parts for our female thespians here:
Title: The Far-Away Princess
Text: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/37970/37970-h/37970-h.htm#page_365
Author: Hermann Sudermann
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermann_Sudermann
Number of roles: 9
Publication date: 1907
- Narrator
- The Princess von Geldern
- Baroness von Brook, her maid of honor
- Frau von Halldorf
- Liddy, her daughter
- Milly, her daughter
- Fritz Strübel, a student
- Frau Lindemann
- Rosa, a waitress
I'd like to claim Fritz Strübel.
I added this to the MW and put the claims to date in.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: March 27th, 2018, 4:49 am
ToddHW wrote: March 25th, 2018, 5:24 pmHere are the Viscount and The Master.
> at about 8:16: missing lines p. 22 bottom: “Forgive me for reminding you, Mrs Hatchett

> at 9:27: you repeat “Worrington” after I prompt you to say “Worringham”, but this is optional. I think we can even let that stand, as it seems to be a running gag that the master constantly mis-names everybody LOL I especially loved his names for Gale :lol:

> at about 9:46: missing line p. 25 middle: “Don’t lose your dignity
My aged eyesight missed those lines while reading AND while editing my file! I'll get them.

Glad you liked the readings. Nice to have characters even in one acts that can change emotions and not just be simple stock characters throughout.

And now you will also have visions of Chris in the parlour to read to as well....

Thanks, Todd
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Thanks, Todd. Just a small correction: it's Hermann with two ns rather than one (for the people who will find the play via the author). Could you also put me down for Madana and Prince Hizen? I made those claims a few days ago, and fear they've already gotten buried.
Tomas Peter
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

“how could you say that without laughing ?”

Who knew the Dr Jekyl formula could be modified to transform someone into Sid James?

Anyway, Kitty informed me that all the guy roles were taken. Is this one-Act Pinero strictly by gender, Todd, or can I break out the Tenor’s Friend and assay the role of the Parlourmaid?

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: March 27th, 2018, 4:59 pm “how could you say that without laughing ?”

Who knew the Dr Jekyll formula could be modified to transform someone into Sid James?

Anyway, Kitty informed me that all the guy roles were taken. Is this one-Act Pinero strictly by gender, Todd, or can I break out the Tenor’s Friend and assay the role of the Parlourmaid?

Chris
My plays are gender neutral. So if Parlourmaid you want, Parlourmaid you be. Kitty will be picturing you as she speaks her lines (I'm glad mine are already in the can!).

(Yes, I did laugh. But I edited it out.)

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

WiltedScribe wrote: March 27th, 2018, 4:46 pm Thanks, Todd. Just a small correction: it's Hermann with two ns rather than one (for the people who will find the play via the author). Could you also put me down for Madana and Prince Hizen? I made those claims a few days ago, and fear they've already gotten buried.
Got it.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: March 27th, 2018, 5:38 pmMy plays are gender neutral. So if Parlourmaid you want, Parlourmaid you be. Kitty will be picturing you as she speaks her lines (I'm glad mine are already in the can!).
:shock: I need to get my role in before I listen to this....

Todd, dear, don't you think our new parlourmaid has quite a deep voice ? And the poor girl is desperately, but ineffectually, trying to camouflage some facial hair with too much cheap make-up. I fear she may have a hormonal problem. :hmm: Did you check her credentials before hiring her ?

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

bluechien wrote: March 27th, 2018, 1:58 pm Mr Bobinet reporting for Moliere:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/countess_mrbobinet_moliere.mp3
Mr Bobinet !!! what a wonderful performance, Eva :9: He is the prototype of the sycophantic underling, trying to secure his position in the household by grovelling to his superiors. Excellently acted out. Loved it !

And no errors or missing lines, but I need a complete voice credit:

> please use the full description: “Mr. Bobinet, tutor to the Count

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Kitty wrote: March 27th, 2018, 11:22 pm :shock: I need to get my role in before I listen to this....
Three words ... “French maid’s outfit”.

My feet are killing me, but I’ve never felt so free! :lol:

Chris
Last edited by SonOfTheExiles on March 28th, 2018, 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox