[COMPLETE] The Old Curiosity Shop by Charles Dickens-icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

I'm going in sequence with the novels, (not counting the first two that I did when I discovered LibriVox, A Tale of Two Cities and Dombey and Son) so Barnaby is next. After Barnaby I might do one of the non-novel works, like some of his short stories, or his non-fiction. And at some point, I need to do the novel that I skipped over, Oliver Twist. It would have been after Pickwick, but I skipped it because someone else was already doing that novel at the time, and I thought it might be confusing to have two on the go.

Brad
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

YAY!! I would be in in any case, but this year my reading goal is to read all the books by Dickens that I have not read yet, Barnaby Rudge being one of them, so this is perfect :clap: my interest in this book has been peaked for a while, so I am super excited to listen to it. Especially being read by such a talented narrator :9:
~Tiffany
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

The final four chapters are uploaded, so barring corrections, I'm all done.

Also, I just started the thread for Barnaby Rudge under New Projects, and have requested both of you in the first comment. :)

Brad
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Sections 70-73 are all PL OK!
And that completes the book! A wonderful addition to our catalog :D
~Tiffany
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Just to give you an update on cataloging, I did send the project over to archive last night, but not all the sections made it there and there is something going on with the section titles. I will have this finished today, but it will probably be a little later. Nothing for you to worry about, nothing that you did wrong, it's archive. We are finding more problems with the projects sent over not having everything there when they are sent.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-old-curiosity-shop-version-3-by-charles-dickens/

Great job, Brad and Tiffany! :clap: :clap:

I know that there are 10 extra sections right now, archive has been doing this for a while. This will be fixed when the cover is uploaded to archive.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!