Newbie from Plymouth

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Putty31

Post by Putty31 »

Hi there! I am Lauren! Nice to meet you all! :)
Cori

Post by Cori »

Lovely to have you here, Lauren! How did you find us? Are you thinking of helping with recording, proof-listening, or something else? :D
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Putty31

Post by Putty31 »

Thank you so much Cori! Nice to meet you! :D

I am looking to do some audio recordings! I have just done my 1 minute test but am not sure how to upload it.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Putty31 wrote: March 5th, 2018, 2:48 pm I have just done my 1 minute test but am not sure how to upload it.
Upload your test file using the LibriVox Uploader. https://librivox.org/login/uploader
The username and password for the uploader are: Image
In the MC dropdown box, select “tests-tests”/Start Upload
Copy the link it provides when the upload is complete, and post it in a new thread in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum. Say something like, “One-Minute Test for Your Name
A more experienced volunteer will listen to it within a few days and get back to you with any comments, help you work out the kinks (if any), and when you get the OK from an admin, you can begin claiming sections to read. Meanwhile, there are lots of tips and video tutorials in our Wiki (linked to at the top of each forum page) to help you prepare to get out there and enjoy yourself. Welcome to the LV Playground!
Cori

Post by Cori »

Silly question perhaps, Lauren -- but ... are you able to see the username and password above? <smiles> We always post them in an image to stop it being harvested by spammers, but if that's not accessible, we can privately message it to you.

Hope to hear you around the place soon!
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!