Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I will take essay 5, please.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Sure. Essay 5 is all yours.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I have just finished recording my section. You should have it within a week or so. Some very good stuff, here.

Incidentally, I claimed my section (Death to the Invalid), on the morning after a friend of mine had died, although I didn't know that until some hours later. I will be attending his funeral tomorrow. So this was especially powerful. During this sentence in particular, I was so overcome by emotion that I had to stop and take a few deep breaths before continuing:
The affections cannot exist without their objects; and our congenial friends--the brethren of our souls--therefore survive as surely as God survives.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Wow, I join in your sorrow. Really. Be strong.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Sonichamy

Post by Sonichamy »

I'd like to read essay 4, please.

Thanks!
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Essay 4 is all yours. Have fun.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

May I read the firsts essay? Would you like me to read the dedication as well?

MaryAnn
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Mary Anne,
it is so wonderful to see you here. Sure, the first essay is all yours. Please read the dedication as well. Have fun,
Stav.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks a lot. Would you like to read more from this book?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I will think about it. I do like it a lot. But I have a lot of other things to record just now, so I'm trying to work my way through the list. If I am able to get my recording queue down to a manageable level, I will check in again.
Sonichamy

Post by Sonichamy »

Just finished section 4: Life to the Invalid

It's long, so whoever checks it has their work cut out. Thank you!

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/lifeinthesickroom_04_martineau_128kbs.mp3
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thank you so much. How long is section 4? Would you like to continue with section 2 (or any other section from this book)?
calalilyuf

Post by calalilyuf »

Hey, just wanted y’all to know that my computer crashed during the editing process and I had to set up my laptop for re-recording. I’m recording today but because I live by the airport, it’s the editing that takes the longest but hope to have it finished ASAP. If I hadn’t gotten the crazy idea to re-record everything using an English accent (which I learned for this reading since Harriet Martineau is English) I should’ve had this done over a month ago. I apologize for any delay and if my English accent sucks, I’ll Be happy to re-record it in my regular voice. Just invested so much time with the accent I figured I had to commit. :)
I’m reading sections 6 & 7 btw.
Thanks,
Suzie
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Good luck and have fun.