Hello from the beautifully geeky Portland, Or

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
ObscureReference

Post by ObscureReference »

Hello, thanks for adding me to your roster! My name is Michael Beebe and I am a novice voice talent. I began my acting training in high school where I performed in a couple plays including one of my favorite plays "Wild Oats." I went on to continue training in college where I worked on multiple productions. Throughout my acting training I also undertook the task of sound engineer for the productions I didn't act in. This included being part of the production team as the sound designer for our production of "Fortinbras" and a high school production of "Ramona Quimby."

Alas, I made the decision to take a 9-5 job so I could afford to eat. This halted my stage work, but I continued my audio work by podcasting with some friends. That lasted for about five years. Then my 9-5 turned into a 9-9. So, we decided to end the casts. It was a blast while we did it though.

Now to the present. I just finished eight weeks of VO classes with Rick May, who was Pepe Hare in Star Fox 64. I am finishing up converting my walk in closit into a sound booth. That should be finished next Saturday, when I will do my test recording. I am hoping to cut my teath here with everyone, and I will always accept and appreciate feedback. I am hoping to be able to make voice over a full time position, so any suggestions are welcome.

Again, thanks for letting me join the team! I really enjoy and appreciate what LibriVox and its volunteers do for the audiobook community. I hope I will be able to contribute some good stuff! :D

Michael Beebe

Ps, I love talking shop so if people have equipment questions I am always willing to chat.

My equipment includes a CAD e100s condenser microphone, a Focusrite Scarlett preamp/interface, and I used to use Audacity but I will be changing to Reaper as my DAW of choice.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Welcome aboard - just get your sound check done (aka 1 minute test) to make sure the settings meet our needs ,the test is not an audition - we don't have auditions, just get your settings right and start reading . We suggest you start with a group project it a stress free (almost) way of getting to know how things work here.
Looking forward to hearing you around

Anne
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

When you're up on Reaper I'd be happy to share my presets for audiobook recording.
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page
ObscureReference

Post by ObscureReference »

sjmarky wrote: March 12th, 2018, 10:53 am When you're up on Reaper I'd be happy to share my presets for audiobook recording.
Excellent, that should save some time. Thanks!