[COMPLETE] DR - The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus, Baum - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
hugachris

Post by hugachris »

I apologize, I should have let you know which part instead of just mentioning it! Here is the quote that should be color coded as a King of the Awgwas line.

“Never before," he cried to Ak, while his voice trembled with rage, "has an immortal declared himself the master of the Awgwas! Never shall an immortal venture to interfere with our actions again! For we will avenge your scornful words by killing your friend Claus within three days. Nor you, nor all the immortals can save him from our wrath. We defy your powers! Begone, Master Woodsman of the World! In the country of the Awgwas you have no place."
May those who love us, love us...and for those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts...but if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles so we may know them by their limping! -Scottish prayer
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Chris:

Section 18 is very nicely done! PL-OK!

Linny--I see that Chris has already posted the specific line, but it occurs on p. 3 of the text for Section 18 just over half way down the page.

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
linny

Post by linny »

hugachris wrote: February 28th, 2018, 8:49 am I apologize, I should have let you know which part instead of just mentioning it! Here is the quote that should be color coded as a King of the Awgwas line.

“Never before," he cried to Ak, while his voice trembled with rage, "has an immortal declared himself the master of the Awgwas! Never shall an immortal venture to interfere with our actions again! For we will avenge your scornful words by killing your friend Claus within three days. Nor you, nor all the immortals can save him from our wrath. We defy your powers! Begone, Master Woodsman of the World! In the country of the Awgwas you have no place."
Oh, goodness. Thank you for catching that. That was certain,y a main line. I changed it on my word document a week or so ago and somehow missed updating it on the google doc version. I’ll take care of it.
alyb87

Post by alyb87 »

Please could I claim Section 1: Youth?
Thanks
linny

Post by linny »

alyb87 wrote: March 1st, 2018, 12:54 am Please could I claim Section 1: Youth?
Thanks
No, I'm sorry. 1-5 are for the completed chapters. This is a dr (dramatic reading) where readers select a character to read and then we edit them all together. The character list starts a little lower.
GilmoreDon

Post by GilmoreDon »

Here is the Section 1 lines for Ak. The length of the recording is 5'47.46".

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/lifeandadventuresofsantaclaus_ak_1.mp3

Don
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you, Don.
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Don:

Section 10 is nicely read. There are two reasons that I did not mark the Section PL-OK.....

1. The end silence is 2 seconds instead of 5. That is not as critical for this file as for others because it will be incorporated into the finished project, but I wanted to be sure you had this info for your future use.

2. The silences between lines (where narration or another character's dialogue comes in between) should be about 3 seconds before and after. In this file, with a couple of exceptions the silence is less than that...although I think still long enough for the editor to manage. However, Linny can let us know about that.

I look forward to hearing Ak in the mix with the other characters.

Many thanks,

Philip
linny

Post by linny »

Don and Philip,
5 second ending is not a problem since the parts files will not be in the final catalog.

As for space between lines, yes, I definitely need much more space. When I edit I rely on visual more than audio. A quick listen to on the opening line of a segment to make sure it's the right one and then I cut it and paste to the main track. Once I have all the lines in place then I do a full PL.

With the current spacing I would need to listen to the entire track throughout editing making the editing process even longer. I'll go through and add spacing to this track but please be certain to leave more spacing on the other chapters. I'll go ahead and mark this section PL OK.
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Thanks, Linny.

Philip
GilmoreDon

Post by GilmoreDon »

linny wrote: March 7th, 2018, 10:59 am Don and Philip,
5 second ending is not a problem since the parts files will not be in the final catalog.

As for space between lines, yes, I definitely need much more space. When I edit I rely on visual more than audio. A quick listen to on the opening line of a segment to make sure it's the right one and then I cut it and paste to the main track. Once I have all the lines in place then I do a full PL.

With the current spacing I would need to listen to the entire track throughout editing making the editing process even longer. I'll go through and add spacing to this track but please be certain to leave more spacing on the other chapters. I'll go ahead and mark this section PL OK.
Sorry for the space problem. I will definitely leave more space on the next segment.

Don
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you, Don. That's greatly appreciated. :thumbs:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

mightyfelix wrote: February 15th, 2018, 7:45 pm Here is Necile. You know, I could have sworn she had more to say than that! But I guess that most of the time she's mentioned, she's just there, not actually speaking.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/santaclaus_necile_1.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/santaclaus_necile_2.mp3

I am a bit perplexed by this section right here though, from section 1:
"We will!" exclaimed the sweet nymphs, proudly. But Necile said nothing. She only folded Claus in her arms and kissed him tenderly.
You've scripted this "We will!" to be spoken by Necile, although the narrator says that she's pretty much the only one who doesn't speak here. I went ahead and recorded it anyway, but I tried to use a slightly different voice.
Bump
ObscureReference

Post by ObscureReference »

If you will have me, I would love to do voice 3- Jack and the Fay King, please. :D
linny

Post by linny »

ObscureReference wrote: March 11th, 2018, 10:55 pm If you will have me, I would love to do voice 3- Jack and the Fay King, please. :D
Before you record please complete you one minute test. The instructions are found from the link in section 3 of the main post. I will also need to know what catalog name you want listed.