COMPLETE[PLAY]The Cabinet Minister by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: March 5th, 2018, 8:58 am Okay, I'm losing only half of my mind.
Every one of the missing lines you picked out, i actually had already recorded, and thought I had edited in. Either I didn't do that, or I did but didn't upload the new file. Either is perfectly plausible.
woah I'm so sorry you had to re-do them, when you already did them :(

But good news: Act 3 is now perfectly PL ok

Will go on with Act 4 now !

Thanks so much !

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: March 5th, 2018, 9:55 am Revised Act 4 has been uploaded:
Since you said you were going to listen to the file again, I didn't put in the new time stamps.
yes I listened to it all once more and there was only one single MacPhail missing. But I was able to borrow one from another part and quickly edited it in myself. No need to reupload, all is PL ok now. I put you through enough already.

Thanks Larry. Excellently entertaining stage directions :thumbs:

Todd: you can assemble the rest (bar the elusive Sir Colin of course)

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

CHUCK !!!! you are the most wanted person right now, do you know that ? :lol:

Thanks, I will get to PLing soon.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ChuckW wrote: March 5th, 2018, 11:13 amHere's Act I and II for everyone's favorite momma's boy, Colin Macphail.
ok this is excellent :lol: I believe you were hardly able to say one sentence without mentioning your mother in it. :mrgreen: And the "wooing scene" was SO awkward LOL hilarious. Wonderfully characterized.

Act 1 is already PL ok and that means I can listen to the finished Act soon :9: :9: :9: (sending telepathic alert to Todd to start assembling)

I have a couple of notes for Act 2 though:

> at about 0:44: missing sentence: [To himself.] Where’s mother?

> at 0:59: Miss Twombley! - you say "Mrs" instead of Miss, but he talks to the daughter here. Also since you have to correct anyway, I think all we others say "T-wom-bley" pronouncing the "w", not like the number "two". So the "wom" sound would be a bit like in "swamp"

> the volume is a bit low (only 83.4 dB) you may want to amp a bit. Optional though, as Todd will adjust volume anyway, later on.

Thanks, and looking forward to the rest. Mrs Gaylustre will so devour poor little Colin :lol: till he gets saved by the mommy again.

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Kitty wrote: March 5th, 2018, 11:35 am
ChuckW wrote: March 5th, 2018, 11:13 amHere's Act I and II for everyone's favorite momma's boy, Colin Macphail.
ok this is excellent :lol: I believe you were hardly able to say one sentence without mentioning your mother in it. :mrgreen: And the "wooing scene" was SO awkward LOL hilarious. Wonderfully characterized.

Act 1 is already PL ok and that means I can listen to the finished Act soon :9: :9: :9: (sending telepathic alert to Todd to start assembling)

I have a couple of notes for Act 2 though:

> at about 0:44: missing sentence: [To himself.] Where’s mother?

> at 0:59: Miss Twombley! - you say "Mrs" instead of Miss, but he talks to the daughter here. Also since you have to correct anyway, I think all we others say "T-wom-bley" pronouncing the "w", not like the number "two". So the "wom" sound would be a bit like in "swamp"

> the volume is a bit low (only 83.4 dB) you may want to amp a bit. Optional though, as Todd will adjust volume anyway, later on.

Thanks, and looking forward to the rest. Mrs Gaylustre will so devour poor little Colin :lol: till he gets saved by the mommy again.

Sonia
Haha! Glad to see I'm wanted. :-P

I'll fix the files tonight. I've recorded the other two Acts already, but will need to re-record some lines since I most definitely called her "Miss Tomb-lee" in those recordings too.
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I wondered about that, but as a latecomer to the play I went with what everyone else had said.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 1 ready for final PL.

Oh might, they're in a heap of trouble at Twombley Manor. This play would be wonderful to see - although I can so easily picture all of you acting in it that I don't think a live show would be near as good as you all sound! Great job! If they gave Oscars for audiobooks we'd have a winner here!

(Of course, maybe it is also that this Pinero fellow really knows how to write plays. Guess we better try another one by him after this just to make sure....)

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

finally I had a listen to this wonderful beginning of a wonderful play :9: I don't know where to begin with my praise, everyone sounds so great in their specific roles and the interaction and chemistry in the dialogues is so well, one could think we rehearsed this for weeks.
This play would be wonderful to see - although I can so easily picture all of you acting in it that I don't think a live show would be near as good as you all sound!
I completely agree. Actually, not to have the visuals is even tuning the listening experience more, I believe.
(Of course, maybe it is also that this Pinero fellow really knows how to write plays. Guess we better try another one by him after this just to make sure....)
:lol: Pinero definitely knows how to wake up the talent in each of us ;)

excellently edited, as always, Todd. Here are my few little notes (I bet you knew I would need to get my two-cents worth in :mrgreen: )

> at 0:43: Imogen, their daughter – Leanne said “her” daughter, and this slipped through the net because indeed that’s the way it was in the MW. :? This now sounds as if Kitty Twombley had an extramarital affair :lol: Maybe something I should have told Sir Julian :oops:

> at 1:07: Lady MacPhail – you need to substitute Jessie’s voice credit for Beth’s new one

> at 11:39: Valentine White in horror – I think Kurt sounds horrified enough to cut this out maybe

> at 28.47: "I ought to have been consulted before" – "I know Brooke" – maybe a bit less pause here in between, it sounds a bit strange to wait so long for an answer here :hmm: just my feeling though

> at 43:15: “our mag...” – here definitely, I would cut the space very short after that, it makes sense that Kitty is really cutting him off here in mid-word

> at 50:17: Why here is Valentine. Valentine – this was a bit loud for my ears compared to the rest :?

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

PROJECTS
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

excellent :thumbs: Both acts are PL ok, only a bit on the soft side (only 83.6 dB) I'll make a note for Todd to amplify. Sir Colin can be brave when he has to deal with a shot knee but when he has to talk to women he is sooo awkward :lol: I like your stuttering when he has to deal with his overbearing mother, too.

Great job, and that means, Acts 2 & 3 are ready to be finalized. :9:

Thank you, Chuck ! One more to go...

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: March 6th, 2018, 5:59 am Here are my few little notes (I bet you knew I would need to get my two-cents worth in :mrgreen: )

> at 0:43: Imogen, their daughter – Leanne said “her” daughter, and this slipped through the net because indeed that’s the way it was in the MW. :? This now sounds as if Kitty Twombley had an extramarital affair :lol: Maybe something I should have told Sir Julian :oops:

> at 1:07: Lady MacPhail – you need to substitute Jessie’s voice credit for Beth’s new one

> at 11:39: Valentine White in horror – I think Kurt sounds horrified enough to cut this out maybe

> at 28.47: "I ought to have been consulted before" – "I know Brooke" – maybe a bit less pause here in between, it sounds a bit strange to wait so long for an answer here :hmm: just my feeling though

> at 43:15: “our mag...” – here definitely, I would cut the space very short after that, it makes sense that Kitty is really cutting him off here in mid-word

> at 50:17: Why here is Valentine. Valentine – this was a bit loud for my ears compared to the rest :?

Sonia
All edits made as suggested. Enjoy - I'm heading for the next act!

Thanks, Todd
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

I'm heading for the next act!”

As the orchestra launches into the Lone Ranger theme music! :clap:

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

And here's the missing puzzle piece. So glad he gets slapped in the end. :-)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cabinetminister_colinmacphail_4.mp3
PROJECTS
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I thought Act 1 was fun. Act 2 is even better! I'm completely clueless, Kitty is fraught and panicky, young lovers are tongue-tied and star-struck, Gayluster is scheming, and then Joe Lebanon shows up. What a nightmare!

Ready for final PL.

Thanks, Todd

(I don't know how to break this to ye'all, but I have to be out of town for a long weekend and I won't get Acts 3 and 4 done first. So just try to be patient - go record something more until I return.)