Greetings from a military brat accent

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
VelmaCariss

Post by VelmaCariss »

I know the standard is to state where I am in the title, but I've only just become a resident of California. Before then I was in Georgia for 17 years, California for 2 years, Italy for 3 years, South Carolina for 2 years, and Canada for 2 years. The accents in my household family were Gullah/Geechee blended with New York, and General American. I know a couple different ways to say the same words is what I mean.

Fun Facts
  • I was a hobby voice actress last year in a student film and in a Sims 4 original production.
  • I enjoy singing although I don't have the trained ear for it.
  • I am the type of person who prefers:
    • closed captions on, transcripts of, and descriptive narration with my videos;
    • voiceovers of my books;
    • and illustrations around my stories.
    • I collect experimental children's books
and
The book I most wish was in the public domain right now is Perfume: The Story of a Murderer by Patrick Suskind (1985).
Finally, I will consider my stay here a success when I have finished contributing to The Female Quixote or The Adventures of Arabella by Charlotte Lennox (1752).
RajVO

Post by RajVO »

Welcome Velma!
To Librovox, and to California too :)
Raj.
My Project Catalog
Cheers, Raj.
RajVO

Post by RajVO »

All the Best!
My Project Catalog
Cheers, Raj.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Welcome! You might enjoy the Dramatic Works forum here! We have plays, dramatized readings of novels and of children's books! We also some singing roles occasionally! (There's a female singing part currently available in "Rollo's Wild Oat" if that would be of interest?) Come and play!
iBeScotty

Post by iBeScotty »

Hey, welcome, from one military brat to another!
Scotty
msfry

Post by msfry »

VelmaCariss wrote: March 4th, 2018, 5:52 am The book I most wish was in the public domain right now is Perfume: The Story of a Murderer by Patrick Suskind (1985).
That was a SENSATIONAL book, and the movie was as much so, although with a different ending. You might enjoy LV's Short Ghost and Horror Collections, and add your own favorite PD stories there. There is usually one in progress. On all our Collections, you just read the First Post which explains how to submit a story of your choosing. One neat thing about Short Stories in all genres, they can be found in LV's catalog by typing the story title in our Search bar.

But first, of course, submit your 1-minute test, to be sure your recording parameters are set to LV's requirements.

Welcome to the LV Playground. Get out there and enjoy yourself!