COMPLETE The Blue Aunt by Eliza White -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you both :thumbs:
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

CharmingJo12 wrote: February 5th, 2018, 2:50 pm Sorry I've now seen p9 has been claimed. How about Section 3?
Hi joanne, welcome to librivox!

I have signed you up, your personal catalog page is here https://librivox.org/reader/12252

Please just complete the one minute test before getting started :) thank you!
Carolin
goingbiankerz

Post by goingbiankerz »

Hello! Could I claim Section 6 please?
Bianca C.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Sure, thank you for claiming :D
Carolin
MamaEzrah

Post by MamaEzrah »

Hi Carolin,
Could I take Chapter 3?
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Hi ezrah, welcome to librivox!

You are welcome to read that section. I have signed you up, your personal catalog page is here https://librivox.org/reader/12314 :)

You can get started right away. Have fun!
Carolin
MamaEzrah

Post by MamaEzrah »

Hi,
Here is Chapter 3.
Dominique
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/blueaunt_03_white_128kb.mp3

If this is ok I'll sign up for chs 4 and 5 too.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Great, thank you!

One little thing, how long is the recording (mm.ss)? Please remember to always post the duration of a recording when you post a link so that i can update the magic window :D thank you!
Carolin
MamaEzrah

Post by MamaEzrah »

It was 13:38 with the silence at the end. Should I have cut the silence down when I edited it?
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you!

we ask readers to leave 5 seconds of silence at the end of recordings. did you leave about that much? thanks!
Carolin
MamaEzrah

Post by MamaEzrah »

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Nice job on chapter 3, Dominique! You have a lovely voice and read at a very comfortable pace. :) I have only one note for you that needs to be addressed before we can mark this PL ok, and then a couple of notes to consider for the future.

The big problem with this section is the volume. It's only 80 dB, and should be between 86 and 92 (89 is the "gold standard"). Amplify this whole file by about 9 dB, please, and re-upload.

The other thing I heard all through this section was a lot of plosive wind noise. Don't worry about trying to fix it for this chapter (or any others you may have already recorded), but for the future, pay careful attention to your mic placement. If you have a headset mic, you'll want to position the mouthpiece, not right in front of your mouth, but either up near your nose or down by your chin. Or if not a headset, just move it a little to one side, not right in front of you. You want to talk "past" the microphone, not directly into it. Plosive noises are those that have a lot of "wind" or breath in them: P, S, TH, F, etc. Here are a few other tips, if you want them: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Improve_Your_Recording#Plosives:_popping_P.27s

Oh, and last, you did leave a bit too much silence at the end. Closer to 8 seconds, I think, instead of the standard 5. I wouldn't worry too much about this, but since you will need to increase the volume, you may want to take a second to clip off the last three seconds while you're at it. :thumbs:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

The volume in chapter 4 is a little better, Dominique, but not quite there yet. This one needs to be amplified by about 5 dB. Do you have the Checker program yet? It's extremely useful for checking your volume before you upload.

The plosive issue I mentioned in chapter 3 is 100% better in this one, so whatever mic positioning you used, keep doing that!

At the end, rather than, "End of The Plaid Dress," use the chapter number: "End of Chapter 4."

:D

EDIT: Oh, and again, the ending silence is a bit long. You only need 5 seconds.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Beautiful job again on chapter 5. This file needs to be amplified by only 3 dB to get to that nice 89 dB we shoot for. It's just barely outside the acceptable range, only 85.9.

At about 15:01-15:04, you said "You've never told me how the little Gays are." This should be, "You've never told me how old the little Gays are." This one is kind of important, because Evelyn comes back to this question over and over throughout the story. She just has to know! :lol:

Again, ending silence is too long.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you both :D
Carolin