[COMPLETE]SOLO [PORTUGUESE] O Mulato, by Aluísio Azevedo - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

O Mulato by Aluísio Azevedo (1857 - 1913).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/o-mulato-by-aluisio-azevedo/
Marco do Naturalismo no Brasil, O Mulato foi o segundo romance de Aluísio Azevedo, publicado em 1881. Retrata um pouco do racismo da época, tendo como cenário principal a cidade de São Luís do Maranhão. Raimundo, personagem criado pelo escritor para declarar esse movimento de cor, é filho de escravo, médico formado na Europa, e assume uma postura que questiona o comportamento da alta sociedade em relação à raça negra. ( Adriana Sacciotto)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://digital.bbm.usp.br/handle/bbm/4812
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================

Genres for the project: Romance; General Fiction/Published 1800 -1900; Classics (Antiquity)

Keywords that describe the book: romance, naturalismo, racismo

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Capitulo [##] de O mulato de Aluísio Azevedo. - Esta é uma gravação LibriVox. Todas as gravações LibriVox estão em Domínio Público. Para mais informações, ou para ser um voluntário, por favor visite librivox PONTO org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Gravado por [seu nome]"
    • Say:
      "O mulato de Aluísio Azevedo. [Nome da seção]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Capitulo [##] de O mulato de Aluísio Azevedo. Esta gravação LibriVox es em Domínio Público."
    • If you wish, say:
      "Gravado por [seu nome], [cidade, blog, podcast, endereço na web]"
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Capitulo ##]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "Fim do capitulo [##]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "Fim de O mulato de Aluísio Azevedo."

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename mulato_##_azevedo_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. mulato_01_azevedo_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: kitty
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Ah, Adriana, I see you are gearing up for your first solo. I can set up a MW for you. You omitted to tell me how many sections the book would have. Usually it's the number of chapters, but sometimes chapters are longer than 70 minutes and need to be split in two. From a quick perusal of the book, it seems there are 17 chapters. So I will set up the MW with 17 Sections. If any chapter needs to be split, we can always add sections later on.

For the moment I have no time to also be DPL for this, so I hope one of our Brazilian friends will jump in for that role. I will put a ~ in the Title to advertise for DPL.

Be back soon with the MW.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

All right you have your MW. I already filled out the first two sections... but noticed I probably should have written it in Portuguese. Capitulo ? :hmm: In any case, as soloist, you are your own BC (Book Coordinator) and in charge of the MW. So if you click on the link BC Admin underneath the MW you can enter it and change the title for each section.

What we also need to change is the disclaimer, as I suppose you want to read it in Portuguese. This is how you say it in Cartas, so maybe it also works well here:

"Seção [##] de O mulato de Aluísio Azevedo. - Esta é uma gravação LibriVox. Todas as gravações LibriVox estão em Domínio Público. Para mais informações, ou para ser um voluntário, por favor visite librivox PONTO org"
Se quiser, diga:
"Gravado por [seu nome]"
Diga:
"O mulato de Aluísio Azevedo. [Nome da seção]"

Fim da gravação
Ao final da seção, diga:
"Fim da seção [##]"
Se quiser, diga:
Ao final do livro, diga também:
"Fim de O mulato de Aluísio Azevedo."

If you need any help with the MW, don't hesitate to ask. It should be fairly easy though. Just click on the first section box and enter the fresh title and press enter. :) Once you upload a finished section, put the link in the Listen URL section and enter the length in the Notes section. And finally change the Status to "Ready for PL" to alert the DPL that there is work to do :lol:

Good luck with your first solo !

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Soniaaaaaa!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
I really appreciate your words at such an exciting moment! Your presence has been pretty significant to me. I don't even know exactly how to start, but I'll do the obvious: to read! LOL
Kitty wrote: February 19th, 2018, 11:18 am All right you have your MW. I already filled out the first two sections...
Many many thanks! :9:
Kitty wrote: February 19th, 2018, 10:58 am For the moment I have no time to also be DPL for this, so I hope one of our Brazilian friends will jump in for that role. I will put a ~ in the Title to advertise for DPL.
I totally understand, don't worry...
I wish you ALL THE BEST in your recordings and other tasks here on LV, as well as in your regular job at the Library (I suppose this was your first day back to work)!
I finished my section in that Fairy Tale book, too! Yep, I've been working hard! Just in love with all of that!

I'll call you if I need, as you put yourself as a helper, which I do appreciate too much. :thumbs: :clap:

A warm hug, :9:

Adriana
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sacciotto wrote: February 19th, 2018, 5:36 pmI don't even know exactly how to start, but I'll do the obvious: to read! LOL
yes that seems to be an important point in the process. But you may also familiarize yourself with the MW and fill that in already. Also you did not answer my question, are you ok with the Portuguese disclaimer ? Then we can change it in the first post.

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Good morning, Sonia! :D
Sorry, but I don't fully grasp what you mean about the disclaimer. :shock: Is that that I need to have someone to PL my recordings? :hmm:
Kitty wrote: February 20th, 2018, 12:07 am Also you did not answer my question, are you ok with the Portuguese disclaimer ? Then we can change it in the first post.
I was so thirsty to start my reading that I went straight away to my recording job itself, not giving much attention to the MW as it was late in the night.

Tonight, though, I will try to get the magician behind that window. On my way to work now.
Take care!

Hugs,

Adriana
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sacciotto wrote: February 20th, 2018, 4:47 amSorry, but I don't fully grasp what you mean about the disclaimer. :shock: Is that that I need to have someone to PL my recordings? :hmm:
no I meant the Portuguese version of intro and outro, which I wrote a few posts above: viewtopic.php?p=1440902#p1440902

in your first post you have everything in English. But I think since the whole text is in Portuguese it would sound silly to do the disclaimer in English. That's why I thought we could change it to the Portuguese version.
I was so thirsty to start my reading that I went straight away to my recording job itself, not giving much attention to the MW as it was late in the night.
haha, no need to hurry. That way, mistakes can easily be made ;) yes I speak from experience LOL

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Kitty wrote: February 20th, 2018, 4:57 am no I meant the Portuguese version of intro and outro, which I wrote a few posts above:
Pheeeew!!! I did it the right way, Sonia!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Thank you!!!

Yessss, the rush is the enemy of perfection... :thumbs:

Well, everything is going well up to now! :9:

Hugs,

Adriana
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sacciotto wrote: February 20th, 2018, 11:02 am Pheeeew!!! I did it the right way, Sonia!!!
glad to hear it, I will change your first post then and update with the Portuguese disclaimer, so any prospective PLer will know what to check.
Well, everything is going well up to now! :9:
that's good. So as soon as you have finished a chapter, you can upload it and post the link in the MW. You will see your project grow by and by. Always very exciting. :mrgreen:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok I think the disclaimer in Portuguese is updated in the first post. Can you please check if I didn't make any grammatical errors ? :?

Please note, since this is your solo, you only need the full disclaimer in the first chapter. The following chapters can have the shortened disclaimer. It's all written in the first post.

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Kitty wrote: February 20th, 2018, 12:43 pm ok I think the disclaimer in Portuguese is updated in the first post. Can you please check if I didn't make any grammatical errors ?
Hi, Sonia! I identified just a few mistakes. Here's the whole disclaimer in Portuguese:
Esta é uma gravação Librivox. Todas as gravações Librivox estão em Domíbio Público. Para maiores informações, ou para ser um voluntário, por favor visite librivox PONTO org
Gravado por...

And let me tell you where I find myself at the moment :lol: :lol: :lol: Sitting down on my chair, and just about the upload the first chapter, after hours and hours of listening and editing the whole lot of reading. That MW scares me now... :oops: A new step I haven't walked before...

But it's bed time here, so I'd do it tomorrow, slowly and calmly as you gave that piece of advice! :clap:

Sweet dreams,

Adriana
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Just got the link!!! (understand that you won't be able to be in charge of the PL, but you are still the MC as it says in the first post, right? I don't want to overwhelm you at all!)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/mulato_01_azevedo_128kb.mp3
DURATION: 35"43'

And tomorrow I'll learn how to put it in that MW :oops:

Thank you, Sonia! :9:
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Sonia, please, I need your :help:
I'm sorry if I bother you, but the MW doesn't work for me :cry: When I enter the BC Admin it says that I don't have permissions for that area.
Thus, I cannot follow your step by step guidance.
Could you please clear these things to me and give me some light at the end of this tunnel?
Kitty wrote: February 19th, 2018, 11:18 am If you need any help with the MW, don't hesitate to ask. It should be fairly easy though. Just click on the first section box and enter the fresh title and press enter. Once you upload a finished section, put the link in the Listen URL section and enter the length in the Notes section. And finally change the Status to "Ready for PL" to alert the DPL that there is work to do
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sacciotto wrote:Sonia, please, I need your :help:
I'm sorry if I bother you, but the MW doesn't work for me :cry: When I enter the BC Admin it says that I don't have permissions for that area.
Thus, I cannot follow your step by step guidance.
Could you please clear these things to me and give me some light at the end of this tunnel?
oh, ok... With what username did you try to log in ? You need to use your username "sacciotto", not the LV username and password. I set you up as BC so you should be able to enter.

Maybe what you could try is tick the "Forgot Password" box, then you will get sent a new temporary password and you can enter with that one and then change it back to your old one or anything else. It's probably a safety measure.

Please try that and let me know if it works. If not, I need to ask around what the problem could be.

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Good night, Sonia!!! Trying to digest your words, and BINGO!, I think I got it! I did all the process of the "forgot password" and finally could enter the page where the secret MAGIC map was hidden! :clap: Then I filled the blanks, but there's still something weird as it seems that the pieces of information can't remain registered.

Sorry if I bother you, I really tried many times before deciding on calling you. :oops: