[Complete] War Stories for my Grandchildren - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

RonBroachVoiceOver wrote: February 18th, 2018, 9:27 am
Lynnet wrote: February 17th, 2018, 8:12 pm
RonBroachVoiceOver wrote: February 17th, 2018, 4:41 pm I would like to try Chapter/Section 12 Appendix - Indiana Soldiers' Monument and Military Service of John W. Foster
Thanks, Ron
All yours. Please note the special outro for the end of the book.
Thanks. I see the outro for the book on the 1st post. I have a question - this has a lot of legal disclaimers from Gutenberg after the end of the book. Does that need to be read or should I stop at the end of the book text?
Thank you for asking. You can ignore those. Just stop at the end of the chapter.
RonBroachVoiceOver

Post by RonBroachVoiceOver »

Lynnet wrote: February 18th, 2018, 9:32 am
Lynnet wrote: February 17th, 2018, 8:12 pm

All yours. Please note the special outro for the end of the book.
Thanks. I see the outro for the book on the 1st post. I have a question - this has a lot of legal disclaimers from Gutenberg after the end of the book. Does that need to be read or should I stop at the end of the book text?
Thank you for asking. You can ignore those. Just stop at the end of the chapter.
One more question, and this is entirely your preference. This appendix has a speech that was given as a dedication. It would have been outside, with an audience in real life. I have the capability to recreate this sound if you think that would add to the realism (i.e. add sounds to simulate outside and background crowd noises). Is this something that you would like, or should I just give it the normal "studio quality" read?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

RonBroachVoiceOver wrote: February 20th, 2018, 4:32 pm

One more question, and this is entirely your preference. This appendix has a speech that was given as a dedication. It would have been outside, with an audience in real life. I have the capability to recreate this sound if you think that would add to the realism (i.e. add sounds to simulate outside and background crowd noises). Is this something that you would like, or should I just give it the normal "studio quality" read?
It's actually not my preference, but Librivox policy, to not use sound effects, including crowd noises (also music). So just the basic text, please, with "quote... end quote" if you feel it appropriate.
RonBroachVoiceOver

Post by RonBroachVoiceOver »

Lynnet wrote: February 20th, 2018, 5:58 pm

It's actually not my preference, but Librivox policy, to not use sound effects, including crowd noises (also music). So just the basic text, please, with "quote... end quote" if you feel it appropriate.
That's very sad. :? I understand a lot of audiobook publishers have this policy, although I hadn't seen it here. I'll read it as realistically as possible without any effects.
One other note, I'll be out of town on vacation from tomorrow until Monday, but I plan to have this done by March 2.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

RonBroachVoiceOver wrote: February 20th, 2018, 8:08 pm
Lynnet wrote: February 20th, 2018, 5:58 pm

That's very sad. :? I understand a lot of audiobook publishers have this policy, although I hadn't seen it here. I'll read it as realistically as possible without any effects.
One other note, I'll be out of town on vacation from tomorrow until Monday, but I plan to have this done by March 2.
You get 2 months, so as long as you are done by April 17, everything is good (I'd prefer it were sooner though 8-) )
rrobinson84

Post by rrobinson84 »

Lynnet,

I've posted Chapter 08, Guerrilla Warfare in Kentucky:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/warstoriesformygrandchildren_08_foster_128kb.mp3 -- 37:54

Cheers!
Robert Robinson
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

rrobinson84 wrote: February 20th, 2018, 8:13 pm Lynnet,

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/warstoriesformygrandchildren_08_foster_128kb.mp3 -- 37:54

Cheers!
Thank you
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

rrobinson84 wrote: February 20th, 2018, 8:13 pm Lynnet,

Cheers!
!! wow Robert, I am impressed by the clarity of the sound! It's like you're reading right next to me! :D
Just one small issue: Section 8 is actually Chapter 6 (because some of the preceding chapters are divided), so it needs to be "Chapter 6" in the intro (00:01 and 00:25-where I would suggest adding the Chapter title, too) and outro (37:48).
rrobinson84

Post by rrobinson84 »

Ok, no problem. I will track the front and back again with the updated info and repost it tonight. Thanks.

And of course I'm sitting right here next to you! It's story time! :P
Robert Robinson
rrobinson84

Post by rrobinson84 »

Lynnet

I've re-posted Section 08 identified in the vocal intro as Chapter 6. New Duration is: 37:47. Ready to re-proof. You can probably have the DPL just check the tails on the front and the back.

Link: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/warstoriesformygrandchildren_08_foster_128kb.mp3
Robert Robinson
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

rrobinson84 wrote: February 21st, 2018, 8:56 pm Lynnet

I've re-posted Section 08 identified in the vocal intro as Chapter 6. New Duration is: 37:47. Ready to re-proof. You can probably have the DPL just check the tails on the front and the back.

Link: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/warstoriesformygrandchildren_08_foster_128kb.mp3
Thank you. And just checking the changes is the norm (otherwise DPLs will start asking for payment :shock: )
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Spot-checked: PL OK :D
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hello! The recordings of the text itself are PL OK! I'm now a bit confused as to how the intro and outro should go. I've been guiding the readers to use Chapter #. Could it work as well in a divided chapter? e.g. "Part 1 of Chapter 7" "End of part 1 of chapter 7" :?: or something else?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Rapunzelina wrote: February 25th, 2018, 6:54 am Hello! The recordings of the text itself are PL OK! I'm now a bit confused as to how the intro and outro should go. I've been guiding the readers to use Chapter #. Could it work as well in a divided chapter? e.g. "Part 1 of Chapter 7" "End of part 1 of chapter 7" :?: or something else?
That sounds fine to me.