COMPLETE: A Far Country by Winston Churchill - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Kate Follis
I love to read, AND my employer matches my volunteer hours with a donation to the Internet Archive, flagged to benefit Librivox.org. How cool is that?
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Sections 4 & 5 are PL OK!
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Just a quick check-in. I'm taking my dogs to the beach for a long weekend (well, hubby too) and unplugging, so production here is slowing down for a few days. I'll be back at it soon! Enjoy your own weekend!
Kate Follis
I love to read, AND my employer matches my volunteer hours with a donation to the Internet Archive, flagged to benefit Librivox.org. How cool is that?
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Enjoy! Definitely not beach weather here!
Jo
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: February 8th, 2018, 10:13 pm Enjoy! Definitely not beach weather here!
Not so much here either, but the dogs won't care, it won't be crowded, and I'll get a much-needed break from work. :D
Kate Follis
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Kate Follis
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Chapter 7 ready for PL:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/farcountry_07_churchill_128kb.mp3
Time 46:57

Lots of political undertones in this book, but no short chapters. :?
"Thus I listened with increasing fascination to these gentlemen in evening clothes calmly treating the United States as a melon patch that existed largely for the purpose of being divided up amongst a limited and favored number of persons."
Kate Follis
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Just FYI, in response to my own comment that there are no short chapters, and the reading being a bit challenging, I broke up 3 additional chapters into smaller chunks which of course results in more sections.
Kate Follis
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Kate Follis
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Section 9 is ready for PL
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/farcountry_09_churchill_128kb.mp3
time is 47:05

That's the end of Book 1!
All of the reviews that I read indicated book 1 was the slowest part of the book, so I expect Hugh's life to get very interesting from here on out.
Kate Follis
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Kate Follis
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

queenk8 wrote: February 17th, 2018, 11:26 pm Section 9 is ready for PL
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/farcountry_09_churchill_128kb.mp3
time is 47:05

That's the end of Book 1!
All of the reviews that I read indicated book 1 was the slowest part of the book, so I expect Hugh's life to get very interesting from here on out.
Also, I forgot to mention that there seem to be some scanning errors at the beginning of this chapter on Gutenberg. I was so confused, so I looked at the archive.org version here: https://archive.org/details/farcountry00churiala and found the correct text.
Kate Follis
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Kate Follis
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Kate Follis
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

You are on a roll! I'll get these sections listened to shortly!