COMPLETE[DUET]St. George and St. Michael, Vol 2 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

Ya, I know, but family and staying connected to the people that you are actually around has to be more important than even the books on here (not to be airy-fairy) I have to remind myself too.

Anyway, I entered the chapters and who they're assigned to, just tell me if there is anything else I should add. :D
Hope Kuerschner

It is not the will of God that in this life we should be sinless, Lest we should find a perfection apart from forgiveness. P.T Forsyth
Theologians have done more to hide the gospel of Christ than any of its adversaries. GM
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Looks good. I was debating whether we should add chapter numbers to the MW, since the chapter numbers for this pick up where volume 1 left off. So section 1 is actually Chapter 17. And I think we should read chapter numbers for the intros and endings instead of section numbers. What do you think?
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

mightyfelix wrote: February 17th, 2018, 10:31 pm Looks good. I was debating whether we should add chapter numbers to the MW, since the chapter numbers for this pick up where volume 1 left off. So section 1 is actually Chapter 17. And I think we should read chapter numbers for the intros and endings instead of section numbers. What do you think?
With just the two of you, you can do it however you wish. Note that in many projects, some chapters end up getting split into multiple sections becuz of length and so the section numbers and chapter numbers end up not aligning anyhow - doesn't look like you have that problem here.

Thanks, Todd
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

mightyfelix wrote: February 17th, 2018, 10:31 pm Looks good. I was debating whether we should add chapter numbers to the MW, since the chapter numbers for this pick up where volume 1 left off. So section 1 is actually Chapter 17. And I think we should read chapter numbers for the intros and endings instead of section numbers. What do you think?
I was wondering the same thing. I think I will add the actual chapter numbers in front of the chapter names, and when I record to say chapter 17 and so on... That way it continues as a whole book, and not separate volumes that start at 1 again to confuse people :)
Hope Kuerschner

It is not the will of God that in this life we should be sinless, Lest we should find a perfection apart from forgiveness. P.T Forsyth
Theologians have done more to hide the gospel of Christ than any of its adversaries. GM
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Perfect, I was thinking the same. I guess all the preliminaries are done, then, and we're ready to get to the fun part! :clap:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

You snuck one into the MW without my noticing! :lol:

Beautifully narrated! The only thing we need to address is the opening disclaimer. You said "Start of Volume 2 of St. George and St. Michael," which is ok as far as section one, I guess, but what about all the other sections? This is the wording I had thought to use:
"Chapter [number] of St. George and St. Michael, Volume 2. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
So it would be "Chapter 17 of St. George and St. Michael, Volume 2." If you think that would be confusing, we could use section numbers instead: "Section 1 of St. George and St. Michael, Volume 2," and then use the chapter number and title after the disclaimer. Whichever one you think works is fine. I'll follow your lead. But I do think we need more of a structure than "Start of..." so that the other sections can follow from it.
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

Yes for sure, my brain froze and I didn't know what to say at the beginning so I just said what was in the book, but for the next chpts I have already tried something else. I am almost done editing the next two and this is what I said at the beginning of those.

"Chapter( ) Volume 2 of StG/StM by George M. This is a librivox.... Then who is recording, and then the chapter number and title, and then I begin.

I can put the volume part after the book title, it does not matter to me at all. Though I did go around a bit thinking which way I would do it.

I have such sad tales regarding chpt 18. :lol: I've had to record it like 3 times over, the first time it got all mixed up and was way too fast, the second time I couldn't find a quiet spot, so I did it outside in our car, and it was like 20c below but when I got inside it said that the files were unknown. I was so mad, but it was kinda funny. So ya chpt 18 does not want to go out to the public :lol:

I can't get access to the computer very often so it's taking me a bit longer, I am also still learning at what pace to read, as I go way too fast and then get out of breath. I know I am tragic sometimes... Anyway enough about that, what ever you thinks sounds better I can change it with two clicks. :D
Hope Kuerschner

Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

Also if you want me to change Chpt 17 I can reupload it saying “Chpt 17, Volume 2 of StG/StM by GM... or the volume after the title. But like I said, I am game either way, you have more experience so I will do whatever :D

Oh and also I forgot to add “volume 2” to the upload title. So I guess I will reupload it unless it not that important :)
Hope Kuerschner

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Yeah, "Chapter 17, volume 2" will work, for sure. I'd prefer that it be the same format for each section, so especially if you already have that for the next few, let's do that. Whatever you go with, I'll change the wording in the first post to reflect that.

Chapter 18 definitely sounds like it's been fighting back! Finding a quiet time can definitely be a challenge. I think you said in another thread somewhere that you have a large family? I can see how that would make recording a challenge. The good news is, you know that chapter really well now, so will give your best perfomance next time, yeah??? :?

Oh, and as for the file name, yes, it is important, and I didn't even notice. It has to be differentiated from volume 1, which is already in the catalogue. Or at least, that's my understanding of it. I'll make it a little bit easier, though. Right now, the file name format (as generated by computer code) is stgeorgeandstmichaelvolume2_##_macdonald_128kb.mp3. Since it's still the very beginning of our project, and to save us some typing, let's change that to stgeorgeandstmichael2_##_macdonald_128kb.mp3 (I took out the "volume".) I'll change the first post to reflect that, too. I'd have done it sooner if I'd realized.
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

Ok, it all makes sense. And yes I recorded the rogue chpt yesterday and it went so well I hardly had to edit at all! So that was a plus I guess... I will try to upload all my new ones with the proper name.

Oh, you know what... I will just change my wording in the first one to say the volume after the title, that way it will be as it should, and no one will get confused anymore. And I’ll change what ever I said on the other ones I’m almost done.

Just remind me if there is still something I am forgetting, or if you have a different idea :D
Hope Kuerschner

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

That all sounds good. Just let me know when it's ready for me to listen. :D
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

So, I edited 17 and reposted it. But while I was doing it I somehow made a new section near the bottom, I don't know why or how it happened but I couldn't figure out how to delete it, so if you can that would be great. :)
Hope Kuerschner

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Cool! You only changed the intro of Ch. 17, right? If so, then it's PL ok. I can't edit the MW from my mobile, though, so I'll have to do that later.

As for the extra section, don't worry about it. You and I can add sections, but we can't delete them. We'll have to leave that to Todd. He may choose to do it now or leave it until the project is complete and remove the extra section just before cataloguing. So we can just ignore it in the meantime.
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

Yes, I only changed like the first 10 seconds, everything else should be the same. And I don't know if you heard the end but I think there was this little piece added on, I got rid of that too, so it should be exactly like it was the first time. :)
Hope Kuerschner

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Beautiful job on chapter 18! PL ok.

I almost wouldn't mind having to read this chapter aloud three or four times. This is an example of some of what I love about MacDonald's writing. :9: Simply beautiful. (Except for that awful Serafina, of course.)